hirelings "currently unpaid"

All my hirelings are hostile. It's ridiculous. I think I must have hit someone when my Stronghold was under attack, but every hireling died. Doesn't matter, when I hire new ones they attack me on sight.

Is there a bug forum where I can report this?

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.  They released this game without finishing it.  There. It's said.  They took WAY longer than promised and still released it half finished and with no instructions or tutorial.  I want to love this game, I DO love this game, but the longer I play, the more evident this becomes.

• Like 1

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.  They released this game without finishing it.  There. It's said.  They took WAY longer than promised and still released it half finished and with no instructions or tutorial.  I want to love this game, I DO love this game, but the longer I play, the more evident this becomes.

...Yes, and? I mean, seriously, their budget wasn't unlimited and they had to release it at some point in order to recoup costs so that they had money to further patch it. As long as they kept it cooking for as long as financially possible before they did release, that's all they really could do.

That guy know **** of what he's talking. This has been one of the best releases i have ever played. Compared to the releases of other RPGs around, like, say, NWN1.... and NWN2..... which you had to download almost an entire game size of patches... This game will be almost completely bug free after just 1 small patch.

Anyone who says this is a bugged release cant say it without some bias.

• Like 2

That guy know **** of what he's talking. This has been one of the best releases i have ever played. Compared to the releases of other RPGs around, like, say, NWN1.... and NWN2..... which you had to download almost an entire game size of patches... This game will be almost completely bug free after just 1 small patch.

Completely agree, this is the most bug free RPG on release I have played in a long time.  Only Divnity Original Sin comes close.  Maybe I'm just lucky. 

This game is awesome and I'll be playing it for years.

Minor spoiler ahead (!)

Because the bugs of POE are way more discreet than what we're used to ?

I thought it was a solid release until Raedric's Hold, where it's just impossible to wander around a bit too long or you might get stuck in an infinite loop of crash transition.

I didn't mind it that much then, I just ignored the rest of the stronghold past the confrontation with the dude and I started to notice some unusual stuff. Leaving someone at the stronghold with stuff equipped almost always result in a bugged character sheet the next time you hire them. My Hiravias has a base fire DR of 17, my Sagani has a base DR of 8, my griving mother has a base intellect of 16 instead of 12 (or 14 ? can't remember) and Durance and Hiravias (who respectively got bonus third lvl spell and bonus first lvl spell) are now able to cast respectively 3rd and 1st lvl spells 6 damn times. Although got the bug of the overlong saving time. My quicksaves tale several seconds more and more every 5 hours of play.

Game is great, but man, the fact you didn't see those bugs doesn't mean it's not there or that we're telling bullsh*t. It's full of em, and some are extremely infuriating.

Edited by CaptainMace

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

From my experience the hirelings are paid when you return to the stronghold. I saw the notice and assumed I had to talk to the "Steward" or the hireling themselves to pay them. After I traveled to the stronghold; I got a green notifier that they were paid on screen transition.

Edited by W.MacKinnon

The problem is that hirelings are pretty much broken. They are paid per day (but when exactly they are paid, I don't fully understand either), but you only get your taxes per turn. So say you travel 22 hours from Defiance Bay to visit your stronghold, rest there and return. That's > 2 days pay for your hirelings but no money for you.

Additionally, I hired a lot of them because I was losing so much to bandits. After doubling my security, I actually lost much more to bandits. Where's the logic in all of this? Getting a hireling seems to be a net loss.

As a result, I don't use hirelings at all.

I am happy to have a stronghold, but I am regularly baffled by the punishing game mechanics surrounding it.

Edited by termokanden

From my experience the hirelings are paid when you return to the stronghold. I saw the notice and assumed I had to talk to the "Steward" or the hireling themselves to pay them. After I traveled to the stronghold; I got a green notifier that they were paid on screen transition.

Seems to be every x days after you hire them.  They always list "not paid" until their payday comes up, it goes away for 24hrs or 48hrs then goes back to not paid.  I haven't really paid too much attention to it as my hirilings always get paid directly out of my on-hand money.  I think the big problem is the lack of an explanation of "how" they're paid and when.

This is what I see when they're paid.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417370543

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417370622

It must be the selection of games I play, because this is definitely NOT one of the most bug-free games I have played. I certainly weigh major bugs a lot more than minor ones, of which this game has too many. This is one of the more buggy games I have played on release, at the very least in terms of major bugs.

It must be the selection of games I play, because this is definitely NOT one of the most bug-free games I have played. I certainly weigh major bugs a lot more than minor ones, of which this game has too many. This is one of the more buggy games I have played on release, at the very least in terms of major bugs.

The only bug I've run across so far in nearly 33 hours of play is the one relating to double-clicking on items to equip them.  I'd be interested in the list of bugs you've found that are major, since going by your post history you haven't posted a thread in the tech forum listing them, and how to reproduce them so they can squashed.

• Like 1

Its one of the least bugged releases. With just a few major bugs.

When i personally play 40 hours of a game and face 1 SINGLE BUG (OMG WTF) it means its not that bugged.

1 small patch can fix all the bugs you folks are complaining.

After plenty of time spent in my stronghold (and under my stronghold...), I've yet to see the "Hirelings Paid" screen. I've got plenty of gold and just haven't been able to pay them! 

They still fight when bandits turn up, and I think they even take my money; they just don't think I'm paying them!