Jump to content
  • 0
Niranloh

Dialogue Sound issue glitch

Question

So I began playing the game yesterday and really got into it in no time at all.  I am really pleased with the intricacies of the game logic and love the narrative writing.  The visuals and music are also absolutely stunning.  The one little glitch-type issue I am running into, which is rather disorienting after getting immersed in the game, is that sometimes the character voice overs start part-way through their dialogue. 

This has happened from time to time both in legitimate dialogue as well as when characters speak to comment on something while just wandering around.  An example of this is would be if a character were to say something like: "We should be careful in this place." the text will display just fine (thank goodness) but the audio voice over might start somewhere like:  ". . .ul in this place."  Although I often read subtitles and such, it is still really bothersome.  I have not seen any other posts about this issue and thought that if anyone else was experiencing they could comment, suggest fixes, or get Obsidian's attention to patch it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Bump.

 

No 3 speed issues is now fixed.

 

So now we only need the following fixed:

 

1. Perma health increase.

 

2. Already activated ability bug.

 

3. Sanitarium hostility bug.

 

4. Looting deselects party bug.

 

5. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

 

 

Looting deselects party steps to reproduce:

 

Select all party with backspace, loot a container, then the character looting remains selected and the rest of the party are deselected.

 

Expected behavior:

 

Whole party remains selected while looting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Same bug here. And I think it is related to a patch, as when I played on launch day it was fine, but since patching there is missing spoken dialogue.

Paraphrasing, "I'm not looking forward to moving that tree tomorrow!" has become "...ing that tree tomorrow!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have this problem too, and I believe I have it since the beginning (the day of release).

 

Now I haven't played for 2 days, come back after patch, and now it seems the issue has escalated. Every phrase of Adhelm is cut and by a lot.

SPOILER: http://i.imgur.com/GfE51Et.png

the voice reads from the second sylabe of the last word of the first line (sealed)

 

I loaded the last autosave, spoke with Adhelm again and now everything is fine - for now. Maybe some delay builds up in some situations (I was reading collected books, saving, quitting the game, coming back after a while, loading the game, reading books again, saving, quitting the game and so on for last two days or so, before going upstairs and talking to Adhelm). This delay can then interfere with voice offsets.

 

EDIT: after writing this post, I went back to game and the issue came back, so minimizing the game (during someone speaking or just minimizing) may build up the delay as well.

Edited by Etherlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I was having this problem last night with the druid character as well. She would start every bit of recorded dialogue partway through. I quit the game, and will try again when I get home tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Same problem here, started the game for the first time, voiced dialogue randomly skips first few seconds. I did do a fair bit of alt-tabbing, possibly related to this?

 

Small problem for a game that otherwise seems fantastic so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Still getting this.

 

*MINOR SPOILERS BELOW*

 

I've experienced this problem running patch 1.06. I never experienced it until talking to Aloth after you leave the underground portion of Woedica's temple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I occasionally experience skipping which to me makes dialogue sound garbled, rather than delayed. The funny thing is, when this happens, the music and other sounds are unaffected, as is general performance. Only the dialogue becomes garbled temporarily. Fortunately it never lasts long. It's not quite annoying enough that I've even payed close attention to whether it simply resolves itself with the passage of time, or whether it's reloading a save or the entire game that fixes it.

 

Most of my experience with this has been on the 1.0.5 GoG Mac version. Running Mac OS 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I am curious to know...

 

When an NPC begins a conversation session with you and has quite a bit of spoken dialogue, is it normal to have one or two windows with no spoken dialogue at all (just readable text)? Was this intended by the devs.? I know the entire game is not voiced, but why have a voice actor create 95% of a session and leave the other 5% for the user to read?

 

Either that is the case or this is a bug... because (for example) Durance will speak to me for a good while, then I choose an option to advance the dialogue only for him not to speak it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I am curious to know...

 

When an NPC begins a conversation session with you and has quite a bit of spoken dialogue, is it normal to have one or two windows with no spoken dialogue at all (just readable text)? Was this intended by the devs.? I know the entire game is not voiced, but why have a voice actor create 95% of a session and leave the other 5% for the user to read?

 

Either that is the case or this is a bug... because (for example) Durance will speak to me for a good while, then I choose an option to advance the dialogue only for him not to speak it to me.

^yes, normal.

Maybe some dialogue was added/changed after the VO work was done or maybe they just chose some lines over others for reasons known only to them.

 

Edit: Oh, and I've started getting the 'beginning of line unvoiced, then it cuts in' bug too - 1.06 on GOG, Win7.

Not always, just sometimes.  Since Gilded Vale.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Bump, though it's only happened in the new game I started today, only with Calisca, and didn't reoccur when I started another game.

Edited by Wiggum Esquilax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue as described, I have personally experienced this intermittently.  It seems to happen more often with Calisca than anyone else, but has happened to other NPCs as well.  Thanks for your support and patience while we work through this minor issue!

  • Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue as described, I have personally experienced this intermittently.  It seems to happen more often with Calisca than anyone else, but has happened to other NPCs as well.  Thanks for your support and patience while we work through this minor issue!

This is still happening with PoE 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This is still happening with PoE 3.0.

Yep, it's happening to me too.

Funny thing; I never had this issue when the game first launched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey guys,

 

This is a pretty elusive bug that seems to come and go between builds, we are looking into the issue.


Whats this at obsidian.net?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi, I've played 150 hours of POE in the last year and never experienced this. After several months break I just started playing again and nearly every dialogue is encountering the speech half cut off or choppy. It's been happening for 2 days straight. I guess this evasive bug has never been figured out?

 

It's just odd that it never happened once in 150 hours and now it happens every play session. Definitley an immersion killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...