Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About icer22x

  • Rank
    (1) Prestidigitator

Profile Information

  • Interests
    RPGs, Action RPGs
  1. I am curious to know... When an NPC begins a conversation session with you and has quite a bit of spoken dialogue, is it normal to have one or two windows with no spoken dialogue at all (just readable text)? Was this intended by the devs.? I know the entire game is not voiced, but why have a voice actor create 95% of a session and leave the other 5% for the user to read? Either that is the case or this is a bug... because (for example) Durance will speak to me for a good while, then I choose an option to advance the dialogue only for him not to speak it to me.
  2. Still getting this. *MINOR SPOILERS BELOW* I've experienced this problem running patch 1.06. I never experienced it until talking to Aloth after you leave the underground portion of Woedica's temple.
  3. When talking to NPCs in PoE, there are two types of dialogue. 1. Bold white text to signify spoken words. 2. Grey text to signify emotions, mannerisms, expressions, etc. Problem: Many times the grey text is so long that I either have to read it while trying to listen to the spoken words (difficult and not immersive), or pay attention to the spoken words and go back and read the grey text (pointless because dialogue is chronological and those actions would have already taken place). It makes it difficult to really imagine the character's motives and intentions. Solution: I think it
  4. There are A LOT of sounds missing from this game... especially when teammates are supposed to be chanting spells during casting.
  5. I submitted a bug report for this very issue. You can check it out here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79927-bug-item-description-in-food-crafting/
  6. Bump Still experiencing this problem after patch 1.06. Just to be clear, this is not an issue I am running into because my hardware cannot support the game. I've even tried lowering all the graphic settings from the in-game menu. This only occurs in spikes - when new assets appear on screen. For example, every time I load the game and open the inventory for the first time, there is a lag/delay. Every time my Priest casts a new spell in each encounter, there is a lag and delay. Every time I uncover enemies from the fog of war, there is a lag. I see this on most of the videos I watch on
  7. In the Journal entries, some lines of text run outside the border limit and are not legible. I have tried re-sizing the text, however it seems the window and borders are re-sized with it and the problem still exists. I've included a screen shot of the issue.
  8. Nope. I do not have any type of virtual service installed on my system. Running Windows 8.1 on a Sager NP7358S.
  9. I can't find this issue on the forums - probably because I am not searching for the right tags. Anyway, I am playing a Priest, and I never knew there was audio for spells casting until hours into the game when I heard it for the first time, although it is quickly cut short. I've never heard it again. It's always cut off by something else or not even started again. The wizard in my party also makes no audio sound when casting. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any workarounds? Thanks!
  10. No Hamachi (uninstalled it about 2 weeks before getting PoE). And I am not running any other virtual devices. Windows 8.1 on a Sager NP7358S gaming laptop.
  11. When I first start the game and I load new assets on screen (cast a spell for the first time, open inventory, open new chests, engage new enemies, start new dialogue with new NPCs, open new doors, etc.) my frame rates PLUNGE drastically and the game begins to stutter for a about a second. Considering I am encountering new items/areas/NPCs all the time, this is a very annoying issue. It really destroys my experience with this beautiful game. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Steam or if it is patch related, but it seems other uses are having similar problems with no solutions.
  12. Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am getting the same issue on a strong gaming system. Frame rates PLUNGE whenever I enter a new area, open a door, start a conversation, or just during exploration...
  13. Description: Under the "Food" menu in Crafting, right-clicking on an ingredient AFTER right-clicking on any other item will show the latter's item description and a missing graphic. Steps to Reproduce the Issue: 1. Open Stash, inventory, spell-list, etc. and right-click to show an item description (in my case, I right-clicked on a Tanglefoot Scroll). Close out of the item description window. 2. Open the Crafting menu and choose any food recipe. 3. Right-click on one of the ingredients for the recipe. 4. Notice the item description (for Tanglefoot Scroll) listed is for the item
  • Create New...