What are pets for?

I have this little dragon, the black hound and the pig. All they do is standing around and do not attack enemies in combat. Why should I take them with me???

I run around with the black cat because it's scrawny and malnourished, and it was clearly imprisoned by that crazy bitch. It reminds me of myself, in the days just after we mutinied and slit those overseers throats in the night.

I needed help in those days to, getting my bearings for the first taste of freedom! I feel I owe it to somebody to pass it on.

• Like 5

I run around with the black cat because it's scrawny and malnourished, and it was clearly imprisoned by that crazy bitch. It reminds me of myself, in the days just after we mutinied and slit those overseers throats in the night.

I needed help in those days to, getting my bearings for the first taste of freedom! I feel I owe it to somebody to pass it on.

This, this is the reason you bring the pets with you.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Where did you find a cat?

In Raedrics hold, there's an enemy to fight in the dungeon. Once you clear their room, there's a black cat to talk to.

In Raedrics hold, there's an enemy to fight in the dungeon. Once you clear their room, there's a black cat to talk to.

Thanks. I haven't gotten there yet, I barely scratched the game yesterday, so I wanted to make sure I don't miss it. :)

Thanks. I haven't gotten there yet, I barely scratched the game yesterday, so I wanted to make sure I don't miss it. :)

Coolness. I tried to do it spoiler-free as much as I could. :)

• 2 months later...

You can talk to the cat and collect it even if you decide to side with (or lie about so much), rather than slay, the enemy.

My pick for pets would be Miniature Giant Space Piglet ... maybe name him Groo  :biggrin:

He's probably a little too low to go for the eyes though, maybe he should go for the nuts instead  :p  :teehee:

And then I could say "beware of the dark, you're likely to be eaten by a..." 

P/S - I don't really have one. But its a cool pet all the same :)

Edited by Drath

I have this little dragon, the black hound and the pig. All they do is standing around and do not attack enemies in combat. Why should I take them with me???

s'posedley, one o' the pets were bugged and were resulting in an accuracy boost for the player.  am believing that the bug were fixed. alternatively, the bug never existed.  

*shrug*

as noted elsewhere, pets is not intended to have any gameplay significance, though am believing eder has a couple banter dialogues that is pet related.  nevertheless, we always "equip" the black hound as we still feel the loss o' bg3.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

as noted elsewhere, pets is not intended to have any gameplay significance, though am believing eder has a couple banter dialogues that is pet related.  nevertheless, we always "equip" the black hound as we still feel the loss o' bg3.

Eder has something to say about every pet in the game. Including Sagani's fox of course.

No romance in PoE but cats are in it.

Well i wonder what kind of life the designers have and how many of their customers live.

you may have a point. unlike the fan base, the developers may have gratifying rl encounters that make them unable to empathize with their fans.  perhaps the developers see the typical rushed and juvenile crpg romance arc as a kinda creepy autoerotic endeavour. because o' their lives, the developers might have concluded that while they could sympathize with their keyboard fondling fans, they could not genuine empathize enough to makes a crpg romance that would be anything other than embarrassing.  is more than a few movie and tv comedic moments wherein a character is caught pleasuring themselves.  as a developer, creating a crpg romance would be a morbid embarrassing scenario we can hardly imagine as it would be more akin to being caught while awkwardly aiding literal thousand o' folks to pleasure themselves.

gross.

yes, one does wonder at what kinda developer would wanna create a crpg romance.

*shudder*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

At what point does heroism need sex with pixlated people? I'd happily take a love element, to add more emotion, but not individual 'arcs' that lead to momentary fading into black on each of my allies.

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

No romance in PoE but cats are in it.

Well i wonder what kind of life the designers have and how many of their customers live.

you may have a point. unlike the fan base, the developers may have gratifying rl encounters that make them unable to empathize with their fans. perhaps the developers see the typical rushed and juvenile crpg romance arc as a kinda creepy autoerotic endeavour. because o' their lives, the developers might have concluded that while they could sympathize with their keyboard fondling fans, they could not genuine empathize enough to makes a crpg romance that would be anything other than embarrassing. is more than a few movie and tv comedic moments wherein a character is caught pleasuring themselves. as a developer, creating a crpg romance would be a morbid embarrassing scenario we can hardly imagine as it would be more akin to being caught while awkwardly aiding literal thousand o' folks to pleasure themselves.

gross.

yes, one does wonder at what kinda developer would wanna create a crpg romance.

*shudder*

HA! Good Fun!

i meant that the designers must be crazy cat ladies/men to add cats but not add a basic man and woman romance.

Cant you see the meting?

John says: would it not be cool to flesh out pallegina with a romance? She is sterile because her race and that could make a cool arc with marriage etc

All the other designers: We know you have a woman John, can you talk about anything else beside sex?

John: But i didnt even say....

All the other designers: Lets make a special slot to carry around your cat, kinda like we do here at the office! Awesome!!

Edited by Tennisgolfboll