What are you playing now?

So...I feel guilty, I started playing the fantasy RPG Inquisitor  http://store.steampowered.com/app/241620/   ( Not DA:I  from Bioware )

And after 25 hours I have lost interest....I feel like I am giving up but the game is becoming laborious. Is it wrong to play a game for so long and then quit? 

Yes. You need to spend 80 hours on it, then come over here and complain. Then you play it six more times and brand it a **** game.

I just did a quest about a boy named Derrin in PoE.  Wow.  One of the more emotionally engaging moments I've had in a game, for sure.

Never ends well being a white knight, I guess :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just did a quest about a boy named Derrin in PoE.  Wow.  One of the more emotionally engaging moments I've had in a game, for sure.

Never ends well being a white knight, I guess :p

Ok, Mr. Apathy.   :rolleyes:

Ok, Mr. Apathy.   rolleyes.gif

Sure, and you found that emotionally engaging - what, just because they toss a kid into the harbour ? Shame I spoke to his mom before wasting the guys that killed him though, seems I couldn't tell her he was avenged that way (though assuming it can be done)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ok, Mr. Apathy.   rolleyes.gif

Sure, and you found that emotionally engaging - what, just because they toss a kid into the harbour ? Shame I spoke to his mom before wasting the guys that killed him though, seems I couldn't tell her he was avenged that way (though assuming it can be done)

There is a bit more to it than that:

You find out a boy is missing on the docks, after meeting his mother and her disturbing hollowborn baby. The father is off in the brothel, basically a deadbeat. Then you talk to a few people on the docks, who tell you about Derrin's adventurous spirit, and how he was basically waiting on his deadbeat dad to leave the brothel. Finally you find his drowned body in the water, and learn how he met his fate at the hands of some thug. Not only that, you see him coming upon a rape, and meeting eyes with the victim, and then lunging into action. He's pretty much the bravest guy in the world, and he's just a kid, and now he's dead. Sure, I got vengeance on his killer, and I smacked some sense into his dad, and I tried to make his mom feel better about her son's death. But it was a lot of build up to a tragic end, even if it was a predictable one. I wanted to meet Derrin, instead of avenging him. So yeah, bravo to Obsidian for creating such a heart wrenching side quest.

So enjoy your edgy apathetic attitude that you so carefully cultivate here, but in this scenario is seems rather depressing that you missed out on a strong moment of storytelling.

Edited by Hurlshot

Got all of that, bar getting a chance to beat his dad up. As for edgy, amusing from you given your response and snark to me over what was a joke at the quest (I guess the emoticon wasn't a hint for you enough ?). It's a pretty standard grimdark type of quest, life in that area is bleak and the kid made a brave but stupid attempt to rescue a woman (didn't sound like he gave much thought to his assault) and went for a long swim.

I was more affected by the sidequest of getting a boy a dagger, because my actions had consequences, even if such was only as an inconsequential byline. I wouldn't be surprised if some missed that. Not that it was tragic or made me sniffle or anything close, actually it kind of made me giggle (I'm evillll I guess), but it was a nice touch is all.

That is, if you get it for him, later you hear from a town crier, as you walk by, about what happens to the boy.

Derrin's was sad and nicely written I thought, but a little too common a theme for me to feel much I suppose.

EDIT: So far the only thing to affect me that much was the tutorial. Because

I "saved" Hedorian or whatever his name is, and then he and the other tutorial chr. are ripped away like that. I felt cheated/gave me the "it's all futile" feeling. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey, I DID warn the boy about playing with a razor sharp dagger...

I did like finding Persoq. Hm, party is at level 10 and not really finding many more ways to level, guess I just built a terrible party.

Edited by Malcador

But the secret! I had to know the seeeecrriiiiiiittttttt.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You got a dagger for the kid?  The Crucible Knights should have you arrested.  I ignored the kid and continued along my way.  I'm not getting a potentially deadly weapon for a kid.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was using hammers, saws and nails when I was 8 or 9, building knick-knack "shelves" for myself out of scrap wood.

• Like 1

I gave the kid the knife too and I already knew the secret so I made him tell me another one

Good times

Is that really an option? If so ... DANGIT, I missed it. Now I have to re-do that with another chr.

I'm a completionist (have to do/see everything at least once).
I can be cruel. If I have to. Do I get to tickle him with the feather from my hat until he cries uncle?

• Like 1

So far i'm having a good time with Poe, soundtrack, presentation, art design and the atmosphere of the game are all top notch, am pausing on my way to Gilded Vale at the moment.

That said I have some criticism: First, in character creation there were not enough variables, I expected a height and weight slider such as was used in TOEE, there was none. Secondly, the attributes are just not intuitive, if I were not conversant with the game from perusing the forums then I would be confused as to the illogical bonuses one accrues from varying stats. Third, the character models are plain, not ugly mind but just so so, I was expecting more improvements in this aspect. Fourth, the combat just cries out to be turn based, every single aspect of it. Fifth, the combat - non combat divide is artificial, it's fair enough that the developers don't want pre buffing, that doesn't mean that certain skills should be impossible to perform outside combat, simply mechanically improve pre buffing.

just my opinions however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You got a dagger for the kid?  The Crucible Knights should have you arrested.  I ignored the kid and continued along my way.  I'm not getting a potentially deadly weapon for a kid.

Hey, if Derrin knew how to use a knife... :p

• Like 1

I was more affected by the sidequest of getting a boy a dagger, because my actions had consequences, even if such was only as an inconsequential byline. I wouldn't be surprised if some missed that. Not that it was tragic or made me sniffle or anything close, actually it kind of made me giggle (I'm evillll I guess), but it was a nice touch is all.

That is, if you get it for him, later you hear from a town crier, as you walk by, about what happens to the boy.

I found that weird because

for me the crier started yelling about lost fingers after his dad took the dagger away from Gordy.

It was a bug I guess.

And apparently you can get a comment about the quest in Dunryd Row, or so I was told.

I just started playing WoW again because I'm an idiot. Then Gorth, that beautiful, beautiful man, gave me one of his backer keys of PoE. Then another friend gave me Rayman Legends, which I never got around to playing. Then War for the Overword, which I backed and forgot about, came out. And now Blizzard invited me to the Heroes of the Storm beta.

What am I playing now? Nothing. I've got decision paralysis.

Heh, so far the only thing I noticed about the kid and the knife after was running into  the kid while his dad was yelling at him. Then I got to be involved in telling the dad that the kid hadn't stolen it.

Out of curiosity, was there any major differences depending on your responses to the kid when you handed him the knife? ie; if you had survival at the level to tell him about being practical and safe with it while getting ready to be an adventurer and not just wave it around?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Do items become any more interesting as Poe progresses? So far they've been as dull as dishwater, satisfactory backstories and such but statistically extremely meh.

I like the challenge the Ghosts present with their teleportation, hopefully the combat remains so challenging throughout, though i'm not seeing much use of the environment.

Edit: When did Edam get changed into a Fighter? Does Aloth ever become useful?

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!