Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

^I can't see it, seems to swing around - or are we talking minor clipping?

(unfortunately, I can't unhear it)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

You can tell that the game is near. These forums got a lot more traffic recently ;)

*cough*

I will now proceed to point out that Elsa's hair shifts through her left arm as she swirls it forward.

That is all.

You will now never be able to unsee it.

Dude, let it go.

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

You can tell that the game is near. These forums got a lot more traffic recently ;)

*cough*

I will now proceed to point out that Elsa's hair shifts through her left arm as she swirls it forward.

That is all.

You will now never be able to unsee it.

Dude, let it go.

Goodnight, everybody.

So, streamers on twitch are apparently allowed to stream the game now.

Can we have our keys now as well?

Obs is on the West Coast USA. It's not even 9 AM here yet, so I doubt they've even begun their day in earnest. Gonna be a few more hours at least.

• Like 1

So, streamers on twitch are apparently allowed to stream the game now.

Can we have our keys now as well?

Obs is on the West Coast USA. It's not even 9 AM here yet, so I doubt they've even begun their day in earnest. Gonna be a few more hours at least.

Well they do manage to use twitter though already, so your argument isn't really valid there!

• Like 1

Well they do manage to use twitter though already, so your argument isn't really valid there!

I disagree. Using twitter and getting the game keys up and active for all the backers are, IMO, vastly different in degree of difficulty and amount of work. I highly doubt they're going to announce anything on twitter before they actually have it ready to go on the backer portal.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll get our keys today.

My guess is we'll get it tomorrow evening (perhaps in the night from tuesday to wednsday here in europe)

so we can preload the thing at Wedsnday and start playing on thursday.

But again, thats just my guess.

The Guys who stream the game at twitch have a press release.

They get their game a little bit earlier than the normal backer.

So we have to wait another 2 to 3 days till we can get our key, preload , and playing i think will be possible on thursday(hopefully not thursday night).

Edited by Godfather101

Well thats messed up. Not happy. 

It's not messed up - that's the way it always works. Media gets a press copy of the game for reviews so they can get their reviews out on day 1 or before (whenever the embargo is lifted). Pretty much SOP.

That is the normal behaviour when a game is released.

It was so with every single Kickstarter game.

The Bigs (like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns) and also the Small (like FTL and stuff).

Its not like that is a bad thing.

The Game Magazines need to test and rate the games before release.

So don't blame obsidian that they are doing the things as always.

Also, there were no promise that backers get their game before game Magazines(if so, then give link to the source of that).

It's not messed up - that's the way it always works. Media gets a press copy of the game for reviews so they can get their reviews out on day 1 or before (whenever the embargo is lifted). Pretty much SOP.

Yeah thats just fine. That part is not messed up. What is messed up is that there are people streaming it. And thousands of people looking it being played. And most of us just cannot... we must to experience it by ourselves. Feels bad, anyone?

Its not like that is a bad thing.

The Game Magazines need to test and rate the games before release.

So don't blame obsidian that they are doing the things as always.

I know. Anyways those are not game magazines that are playing. They are just streamers, some are just players who just make a living by playing games and making videos. Most of them don't even review games. I guess Im getting old. I am not blaming anyone. I am expressing my frustration  ;(

• Like 1

Yeah thats just fine. That part is not messed up. What is messed up is that there are people streaming it. And thousands of people looking it being played. And most of us just cannot... we must to experience it by ourselves. Feels bad, anyone?

ARE there people who are already streaming it, though? I thought there was an embargo until release. Maybe they should be reported? :huh:

I'd have thought that they gave out copies to Let's Players early either so they can get accustomed to it (for streaming) or so they can pre-record their videos and upload them on release. Not for streaming it before it's out. (IF anyone's doing that.)

In any case, I'm super excited! I kind of thought it would release today so that turned into a downer this morning. ^^ But I can handle 3 more days, I guess. Not sure how to manage my time after release though. I do have a master's thesis that's due in a couple of weeks. :(

• Like 1

ARE there people who are already streaming it, though? I thought there was an embargo until release.

The embargo was lifted on the 23rd (today here, but several hours ago anyway).

And like it or not, but youtubers/streamers are considered media now. Hell, some of them have hundreds of thousands of followers. As for other people watching it, that's not an issue for me. I'm not going to, as I want my experience to be unspoiled. If others want to see the game before they play it, then that's their choice. Don't know why that would make anyone feel bad. If anything, you should feel good that it may inspire people to buy it that may otherwise have given it a pass or not have even heard of it.

• Like 1

ARE there people who are already streaming it, though? I thought there was an embargo until release. Maybe they should be reported? :huh:

I'd have thought that they gave out copies to Let's Players early either so they can get accustomed to it (for streaming) or so they can pre-record their videos and upload them on release. Not for streaming it before it's out. (IF anyone's doing that.)

In any case, I'm super excited! I kind of thought it would release today so that turned into a downer this morning. ^^ But I can handle 3 more days, I guess. Not sure how to manage my time after release though. I do have a master's thesis that's due in a couple of weeks. :(

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Pillars%20of%20Eternity

Yupp, but I think I'm over it already. Just have to be very careful at work for the couple of days since there are people at our studio that will certainly spoil stuff. You know an article/review with some photos is not the same as stream of 15 hours of playing the game  :facepalm:

ARE there people who are already streaming it, though? I thought there was an embargo until release.

The embargo was lifted on the 23rd (today here, but several hours ago anyway).

And like it or not, but youtubers/streamers are considered media now. Hell, some of them have hundreds of thousands of followers. As for other people watching it, that's not an issue for me. I'm not going to, as I want my experience to be unspoiled. If others want to see the game before they play it, then that's their choice. Don't know why that would make anyone feel bad. If anything, you should feel good that it may inspire people to buy it that may otherwise have given it a pass or not have even heard of it.

Yes they are considered media indeed, that is why I said I think Im getting old. It is nice you can be so positive about it but seriously, people would get inspired a few days later just the same. Its kind of the same feeling when you would get the game a day or two later than the release date (later than others). Its actually pretty much exactly the same thing. 

Edited by Jaffe

The Guys who stream the game at twitch have a press release.

They get their game a little bit earlier than the normal backer.

Release date has been the 26th of March for months. We are getting it on that day. Nothing to be unhappy about.

• Like 1

Yes they are considered media indeed, that is why I said I think Im getting old. It is nice you can be so positive about it but seriously, people would get inspired a few days later just the same. Its kind of the same feeling when you would get the game a day or two later than the release date (later than others). Its actually pretty much exactly the same thing. 

Agreed. But I'd bet I'm older than you :p. This is just one way the world is changing. The younger generation (generally speaking) wants things right NAOW, and they're focused on social media so that's what companies are catering to with the streaming youtubers.

Biggest problem for you, me, and others like us is not getting hit with a truckload of spoilers before we get to play it. Here's to having a spoiler-free experience! *lifts glass*

• Like 1

Agreed. But I'd bet I'm older than you :p. This is just one way the world is changing. The younger generation (generally speaking) wants things right NAOW, and they're focused on social media so that's what companies are catering to with the streaming youtubers.

Biggest problem for you, me, and others like us is not getting hit with a truckload of spoilers before we get to play it. Here's to having a spoiler-free experience! *lifts glass*

Well i don't think age has anything to do with really wishing for the day to finally arrive. I am 40 myself and really wish i could already play for example :p

Hi,

I apologize for asking a silly question, saw this and scanned through quickly, but I can not see the answer to my question. anywhere obvious

When will backers receive there STEAM keys.

Cheers

Cobus

They somewhere said around Monday or Tuesday.