Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

...Rooooocking like a hurricane

HERE I AM

Roooooocking like hurricaaaane

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

B_w_Db_YVEAAdyvg_jpg_large.jpg

It's like they aren't familiar with videogames.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

^Video above retweeted by Steven Pinker (with 159K followers).

Looks like even the scumbag Stinker is trying to get some cheap publicity.

My sarcasm detector is broken. Care to elaborate?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

MovieBob and FullMcIntosh talk about video games. And it's just coocoo land...

https://archive.today/eKBFh

I think its funny that they want games to include reality in that even if you do everything right you still fail, the day after the study is released that says increased aggression after playing games is linked to frustration and feelings of incompetence from failing.So in essence, they are campaigning for the only negative effect of gaming. Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

An interview with an anonymous AAA-developer. Read and weep.

https://archive.today/5fHyd

We had an extremely talented concept artist who has worked with us for years, she would come up with awesome ideas and character concepts, she also happened to be gay. So when she would draw women she would do so with a slight masculine air to then, sometimes in revealing outfits and large breasts.

She no longer works for us, because her work has been deemed "high risk" at "encouraging negative feedback". I'd love to share her work with you but I just cannot be the cause of her being hounded by the media and the anti-GG crowd.

Boobplate claims another victim. *pours beer on ground*

• Like 2

An interview with an anonymous AAA-developer. Read and weep. https://archive.today/5fHyd 

We had an extremely talented concept artist who has worked with us for years, she would come up with awesome ideas and character concepts, she also happened to be gay. So when she would draw women she would do so with a slight masculine air to then, sometimes in revealing outfits and large breasts. She no longer works for us, because her work has been deemed "high risk" at "encouraging negative feedback". I'd love to share her work with you but I just cannot be the cause of her being hounded by the media and the anti-GG crowd.

Boobplate claims another victim. *pours beer on ground*

No one will be spared in the boobplate purge.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My sarcasm detector is broken. Care to elaborate?

No sarcasm.

Stinker's a wanker.

Since you haven't provided any reason why i am going to assume that he doesn't return your calls, or didn't give a good enough tip.

No really, what is wrong/repugant in the videos of Pinker and Sommers? 

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'd guess this is the closest thing to an explanation you'll get from Barothmuk:

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Haven't bothered with Sommers and don't really care to.

My issue with Stinker is that he's an historically and politically illiterate hack who basically parrots U.S propaganda, rejects any criticism of U.S imperialism, has deluded himself into thinking that "[democracies] tend to stay out of disputes across the board”, attributes the large death of American warring to the "fanaticism" of those resisting (how dare they!), divides rich and poor as "civilized and uncivilized", believes the upper classes "civilize" the lower classes and that when the lower classes rebel (the example he gives being the movements of the 1960s) this is symptomatic of the "de-civilizing" of society; he is an apologetic for the U.S prison complex and a bunch of other ****.

Since I recall you like Chomsky I'd recommend reading Edward S. Herman and David Peterson's review of "Better Angels". It's reasonably good.

Edited by Barothmuk

My issue with Stinker is that he's an historically and politically illiterate hack who basically parrots U.S propaganda, rejects any criticism of U.S imperialism, has deluded himself into thinking that "[democracies] tend to stay out of disputes across the board”, attributes the large death of American warring to the "fanaticism" of those resisting (how dare they!), divides rich and poor as "civilized and uncivilized", believes the upper classes "civilize" the lower classes and that when the lower classes rebel (the example he gives being the movements of the 1960s) this is symptomatic of the "de-civilizing" of society; he is an apologetic for the U.S prison complex and a bunch of other ****.

Since I recall you like Chomsky I'd recommend reading Edward S. Herman and David Peterson's review of "Better Angels". It's reasonably good.

I didn't think you'd bother with an explanation.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Much better. Will read it later.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'll have you know I am a paragon of postmanship and an exemplary forumeer.

Well you do make me laugh, I'll give you that  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This banning  hasn't been implemented  as part of Turkish law yet but this really seems like a bit of truly unnecessary legislation 

I wonder how they feel about GTAV ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It seems to be focused on the influence on kids, so they probably don't have an issue with GTA.. But I'm guessing the issue  is because it's possible / easier to make seditious messages as part of the game world and Turkey is pretty anti 'antigovernment'.

Fortune favors the bald.

So it looks like Ghazi is imploding.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2ys0jm/by_request_popular_demandif_they_ever_erase_the/

Lot of their stuff has been archived, anons are digging through it and finding out what we've all known for a while, Ghazi is made up of horrible people.

New charity drive, this time to save boobs. https://www.crowdrise.com/saveaggressivecleavage

Response to Sarkeesian by a female gamergate member

Woymn that disagrees with McIntosh's puppet Saint Anita? Must be a sock puppet.