Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

Are you saying that Ben has.....levelled up??

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you saying that Ben has.....levelled up??

He did not grope enough breasts while wearing his luchadore mask for that.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Was talking about GG to a guy at work(who doesnt follow it) and I brought up the argument some people are making about how the "core gaming" industry needs to be abolished in favor of the casual one because the numbers are closer to parity with regards to male/female players and the core gaming demos are like 75% male. His response was "Thats like saying malls need to get rid of all the womens clothing stores and just have unisex because there aren't enough mens clothing stores. That's stupid, women just like to shop more"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, and theres still generally one tech store per mall and 15 or so women's clothing stores. Anyway, the analogy wasnt so much to highlight shopping habits, but to highlight the absurdity of abandoning a hugely profitable industry because you view the demographic makeup of its audience as "problematic"

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What are these rumors about a petition against Monte Cook's Numenera btw?

I suppose it's related to the ages-old idiocy with the Space Succubus.

Which is an argument that looks utterly stupid on the face, too (it's a Space Succubus! that's a trope older than dirt with a cybery reskin!), but after listening to the SJW side, they actually had some really good ideas about tweaking the monster in question to be less about "evil space vagina things are hunting you down for your sperm".

In any case, that argument has been resolved, so we got cute and fluffy purring little monsters instead of seductive toothy vagina-womb monsters. Which is actually pretty much the farthest thing from the other side's suggestions, but ah well.

Eeeeeh, so instead of the same old succubus (but in spaaaaaaaaaace!), they have a cute and furry succubus?  That are all kinds of battles in life, and that's the one of them that i will not engage with a ten foot pole.

Eeeeww. 

No, instead of a space succubus who space seduces you into making her babies, you have a cute and furry little critter who charms you with its cuteness into petting it or something. 

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Ah, the things people do to pander to the Outrage sometimes :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As expected the dude caved and begged Kuchera's forgiveness. Wu also showed up with "your blog hurt me" and he's doing the dutiful there, so not much to this. Interesting that one should request permission before linking another's article, or how that thought works.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As expected the dude caved and begged Kuchera's forgiveness. Wu also showed up with "your blog hurt me" and he's doing the dutiful there, so not much to this. Interesting that one should request permission before linking another's article, or how that thought works.

Milo is such glorious bastard in handling that kind of stupidity. Example:

1426505819691.png

"Cheerio", lel.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Source on the online misogyny in the prevous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97k8SNnQkgY

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Twitter is such a cancer, lol

This is the blockbot that evolved from the atheism+ one right? The one that is essentially anyone a siw doesn't like.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

New video from BasedGamer:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Seems like this is the big thing at the moment, the cover below has been pulled because "My intention was never to hurt or upset anyone through my art". http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-cancels-batgirl-joker-variant-at-artists-request

batgirl-cover-joker.jpg

No one is taking your games comic books away. 

Personally, i am flabbergasted.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You should probably include all the tweets where the artist makes it clear he was not censored and simply decided inappropriate and did not fit with the comic itself.

Sure, here you go:

aWMGtDn.png

eblCo37.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

No one is taking your games comic books away.

To be clear, this was NOT the cover of the issue. This was an alternate cover - an incentive varient for direct market stores to buy that was created by DC Marketing (a "Joker" month) and not approved by editorial or creative on Batgirl. The Batgirl title recently went through a revamp to make the character lighter and funner (the previous version had been pretty grim) and generally speaking the creative team/editorial felt the cover was inappropriate to what they were doing on the title.

That Albequrque asked for the cover to be removed only helped the case.

I didn't care for the cover but it was an alternate cover that I wouldn't buy. Since I wasn't buying it, I don't care that DC isn't making it.

EDIT: To be clear, as a variant cover, its irrelevant to the issue.  Had this been intended to be the real cover and tied into the storyline of the comic, there would IMO be justification for argument that there is an issue with creative storytelling by removal of the cover.  But there isn't here, IMO.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's really disingenuous.  It's hard to take GGers seriously when they try to make mountains out of molehills like this.   :rolleyes:

1xMbYuvGpUN475N2R4CcayC4iBt.jpg

I am old enough to recognize the same pattern as i've seen before. I do not believe the artist is genuine for one second in this. He drew originally what he wanted, got flak from "the right crowd" and decided to remove it with a half-assed reason. When the "wrong crowd" tries to argue about it, they are simply shut out as the screenshots above shows. 

Self-censorship is fear, and fear is the mind killer. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's really disingenuous.  It's hard to take GGers seriously when they try to make mountains out of molehills like this.   :rolleyes:

Now that's disingenuous. This isn't even related to GG.

Anyway, I wasn't aware of this issue until I read about it here, and within ten seconds of googling it I saw another two instances of that behaviour.

CAO5DjsWQAALLZn.jpg

I am old enough to recognize the same pattern as i've seen before. I do not believe the artist is genuine for one second in this. He drew originally what he wanted, got flak from "the right crowd" and decided to remove it with a half-assed reason. When the "wrong crowd" tries to argue about it, they are simply shut out as the screenshots above shows. 

Self-censorship is fear, and fear is the mind killer. 

I take it you aren't familiar with Dr. Suess.  Yooks are not Zooks!