NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

Adding two teams to the playoff bracket means about half the league gets into the playoffs. I think there's already too many playoff slots, watering it down farther won't help. I would like to see reseeding done when a division winner has a worse record than a wildcard.

The NFC Least everybody:

2S3cSQE.png

oOXDJDU.jpg

Been there, done that. The Seahawks used to play in the NFC Worst and they made the playoffs with a 7-9 record in 2010. (Then we beat the 11-5 Saints in the playoffs. :p)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well.. some of them are guartanteed to win once or twice more since there are divisional games left. L0L

I would laugh if the NFC Eastw inner becomes SB champ. It is possible. Afterall, PHilly beat  NE and the Giants had a shot of them too. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The NFC Least everybody:

2S3cSQE.png

oOXDJDU.jpg

Been there, done that. The Seahawks used to play in the NFC Worst and they made the playoffs with a 7-9 record in 2010. (Then we beat the 11-5 Saints in the playoffs. :p)

Thanks for reminding me.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No San Diego touchdowns in eight quarters. Outscored by division opponents 60-9 last three games. Local fans convulsing, presumed dead. 

Last-ever franchise home game, Sunday, versus Dolphins. Bookends 1967 Qualcomm stadium opener against Boston Patriots. 

Team owner Dean Spanos indicted on felony charges: impersonating Ebenezer Scrooge, assault, battery, greed, criminal abandonment of beloved team. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Last-ever franchise home game, Sunday, versus Dolphins.

Oh come on, they'll need another year or two at least to build the new stadium in LA. :biggrin:

Also, Volourn is correct: since both the Redskins and the Eagles won their games this week, and because the Eagles and the Redskins face each other in week 16, one of them literally *has* to go at least 7-9. :p With the Eagles' final game being the Giants, and the Redskins' other two being the Bills and Cowboys, it's quite possible one even goes 8-8.

(e): Oh, also, while I'd love for the Eagles to beat the Cardinals to increase the chances of the Packers getting the #2 seed...I'm not exactly counting on it, even though the Eagles have looked marginally better these last two weeks. Gotta remember they were blown out by both the Lions and Bucs in the two weeks previous. ;)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I wouldn't say leading by only a mere possession with only 2:30 or so left in the 4th quarter in most of their games would necessarily make them "one of the best teams in the league", particularly seeing as how they keep failing to hold onto that lead, but that's just me. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Last-ever franchise home game, Sunday, versus Dolphins.

Oh come on, they'll need another year or two at least to build the new stadium in LA. :biggrin:

Also, Volourn is correct: since both the Redskins and the Eagles won theirs game this week, and because the Eagles and the Redskins face each other in week 16, one of them literally *has* to go at least 7-9. :p With the Eagles' final game being the Giants, and the Redskins' other two being the Bills and Cowboys, it's quite possible one even goes 8-8.

(e): Oh, also, while I'd love for the Eagles to beat the Cardinals to increase the chances of the Packers getting the #2 seed...I'm not exactly counting on it, even though the Eagles have looked marginally better these last two weeks. Gotta remember they were blown out by both the Lions and Bucs in the two weeks previous. ;)

Those turds will eke out a tie.

And talking about turds, week three of no rob ryan and the saints procure a defense.

Instead of figuring out new ways to lose, it looks like the Falcons just decided to give up competing entirely.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Instead of figuring out new ways to lose, it looks like the Falcons just decided to give up competing entirely.

Yes, that's a small comfort, at least.

Watching the Bucs/Rams game now. Those uniforms look.... ridiculous. It looks like the ketchup bottles vs. the mustard bottles out there.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, they're absolutely atrocious. I don't look forward to the NFL forcing all teams to wear them next year.

Edited by Bartimaeus

What, nobody wants to watch the Jets @ Cowboys game tonight? :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

Well, considering my college doesn't actually make money, I assume Volo isn't talking about me.  I think the band outnumbered the fans at our bowl game last night.  Still, we won!  Go highest academic scoring programs!

am forgetting from whence hurl did matriculate.  san jose st. rings a bell, but if that is incorrect and we give offence by making such a suggestion, we apologize.

http://www.scout.com/college/stanford/story/1399111-the-bootleg-s-2015-graduation-rate-analysis

am embarassed to admit that from an academic pov, the public universities in CA do a rather poor job o' educating their football players.  is perhaps not complete fair to compare elite private universities to publics, but the disparity is often appalling.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)