Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

First one was while he was still a cop; thugs kill his wife and kid and his best friend and he tracks the gang down.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm going to watch Fury Road tomorrow, but from what I've gathered it seems Hardy and Theron both have leading roles. besides, the Road Warrior wasn't focused on Max either, more on the people inside the oil refinery. it was narrated by one of them, Max was more of a passer-by. if Fury Road is the same way I'll be pleased. not sure where the Jesus analogy comes from, maybe Beyond the Thunderdome, but that's just a wacky movie all around.

now, the original Mad Max is one of my favorite movies. I think it's so well done for a revenge story, that there aren't many movies like it (the recent Rover with Guy Pearce unintentionally mimics Mad Max in some ways). but, of course, the true masterpiece is the Road Warrior.

I'm really excited about Fury Road because there are hints at connections to older Mad Max movies, and I want to see how they play out.

and is Hugh Keays-Bryne's character the Toecutter or not?!

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

^IMDB says yes

EDIT: New Crimson Peak Trailer:

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guys I recently discovered Post-Yugoslav cinema and I absolutely love it. Its like Tarantino but on steroids. Anyone else into really obscure fringes of cinema?

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Guys I recently discovered Post-Yugoslav cinema and I absolutely love it. Its like Tarantino but on steroids. Anyone else into really obscure fringes of cinema?

Do you have any recomendations?

Yeah I do Amentep.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169145/

this is some of the darkest, most evoking, morally ambiguous cinema I have ever seen

for the subtitles, try titlovi.com or podnapisi.com

EDIT:

heard many good things about this one also,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116860/

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

Interesting, I'll see if I can get a chance to see either.

Warlock (1959) - I remember watching this as a kid and liking it. I still like it. Typical era US Western, but it has Richard Widmark, Henry Fonda, DeForest Kelly, Anthony Quinn, and a few brief moments by actors who'd later appear as guests in ST:OS. What's not to love?

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Interesting, I'll see if I can get a chance to see either.

I'll make it easy for you. You should start with this :edited out:

I think that quality is good. for eng subtitles use the websites I posted above

EDIT: here just download this

http://titlovi.com/downloads/default.ashx?type=1&mediaid=129894

Edited by Rosbjerg
please don't link to pirated versions

~ Kaine

The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961). Interesting doomsday scenario film, I quite liked it. I read that the US version added the bells at the end tho...which is too bad. I think I prefer the idea of them not being there.

Guess I'm on another "older" movie kick.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah, and we all get to see Kate Beckinsale slip back into that outfit again..

Epic Times - Beckinsale Confirmed for Underworld 5

Kate Beckinsale will be back on the big screen as the Vampire warrior Selene in the upcoming fifth installment of Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems’ hit Underworld franchise. The Hollywood Reporter has the news, bringing word that the production has also found a director in Anna Foerster, best known for her work with Roland Emmerich, most recently as the director of photography on 2013’s White House Down.

It was reported last fall that Theo James will also be returning to the franchise, reprising his role as the Vampire David. At that time, it was not believed that Beckinsale would be back for the fifth film. Today’s report, however, confirms that both talents will again star opposite one another.

The first Underworld, directed by Len Wiseman, was released in 2003 and follows the adventures of Kate Beckinsale’s Selene, a vampire “Death Dealer” caught in the war between vampires and Lycans. It was followed by Underworld: Evolution in 2006, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans in 2009 and Underworld: Awakening in 2012.

Beckinsale recently headlined Brad Anderson’s Stonehearst Asylum and can be seen coming up in Terry Jones’ comedy science fiction fantasy Absolutely Anything.

Underworld 5, scripted by Cory Goodman, aims to begin production this October in Prague.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah, and we all get to see Kate Beckinsale slip back into that outfit again..

That's what dreams are made of right there.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Ender as Spidey???

If the rumors are true then I'm not sure how I feel about this. If only someone could help me make sense of it all.

He was a good Ender, and what I've seen of him in interviews he seems like a british Pete. They are trying to go teenage and actually have him look teenage. I'm ok with it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg