The Funny Things thread

LadyCrimson

DmFmZLV.jpg

Laughed more than I should have at that.

• Like 8

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2461216726_8b3833690c.jpg

The Crime Stoppers sign there is gold.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So that's what a drill is for.

(I don't think "awesome" is the word I would use...)

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Surprised they weren't assaulted for the racket.

edWadow.png

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Old, but still amusing

• Like 1

Not funny, but there's no "dance video thread" so ... tongue.png

Never too old to have fun dancing.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

AP news flash!

INTERNET TO SHUT DOWN!

Global catastrophe looms as Internet programmed to shut down completely Friday May 5 due to every single nerd on the face of the planet attending marvels avengers two midnight showing on Thursday. And thus taking Friday off.

Sources at Internet and computer firms throughout the world also warned of a complete lack of technical support, server support, or anyone who knows how to run a Keurig machine.

Nuclear power plant operators are particularly alarmed as workers have already warned 'there is a really bad bug going around and I probably won't make it in on Friday. I think I got it from my kids school.'

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Snerk. Minor rant from an author...

You know what pisses me off far far more than SJWs? Scientists, developers and creative types. Google pisses me off more than SJWs. You know why?

Because they all make my job F***ING NEAR IMPOSSIBLE!

You don't think so? There are DNA KITS IN WALGREENS. What we are doing, right here, right now, IS SCIENCE FICTION!

Cellphones were bad enough. Smartphones? RINGTONES? Nano whatever the **** they invent this week surgery?

And my own friends. Good friends. People like Tedd Roberts coming up with brain implants. That's fine. All for it. But it used to be with Brain Implants, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW THEY ACTUALLY WORKED! BECAUSE THEY WERE F***ING SCIENCE FICTION! You could handwavium EVERYTHING. Cause everyone knew that BRAIN IMPLANTS WERE HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN THE FUTURE!

Another good friend of mine, back from when I was a kid, is Doctor Thomas Shelley. I love Tom and Rizwana and it's been too long since we got to hang out.

But Tom, damnit, was part of the team working with Roger Sawyer who developed the EM drive.

http://io9.com/new-test-suggests-nasas-impossible-em-drive-…

Put this thing on a space craft, hook up some God damned solar cells and we're going to be jetting around the solar system by NEXT WEEK. (And, yes, it works just fine. Damnit.)

Bradbury, Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, they could make this **** up as they went along. They were only up against NASA and IBM.

I HAVE TO GET A WEEKLY UPDATED F***ING CATALOGUE TO FIND OUT WHAT PLANET HAS BEEN FOUND AROUND WHAT F***ING STAR THIS WEEK!

F**K ALL YOU PEOPLE! GO TO HELL! QUIT DISCOVERING AND INVENTING STUFF! MY JOB IS HARD ENOUGH AS IT IS!

Glad I could finally get that off my chest.

This public service announcement brought to you by the letters W and T and the number F.

I'm going to go get drunk

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 1