The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

That was a funny quest with Lambert.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah but he loves em and leaves em, I closed the deal with  four I think, and ended up with Triss. Yennifer has all the charm of a Sith Lord. Just kindof scumbaggy and selfish really. 

Yennefer's just not a likeable person.  Everything she does is self-serving, and she's as cold as a fish.

Unless Geralt's a glutton for punishment, I don't know how anyone can choose Yennefer over Triss.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I want to retire to Skellige.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Wasn't Ciri described as plain looking or average/nothing special in the novels?  Apart from that scar, she's one of the better looking females in the game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Book-Triss betrayed Yennefer and Ciri to the Lodge and is just one of many sorceress ****buddies of Geralt. He also sampled Fringilla Vigo and Coral.

Game-Triss lied to Geralt about Yennefer and made use of his amnesia to get close to him. Then gets butthurt if you pick Shani anyway. And in second game it's revealed she was scheming with the rest of the Lodge but didn't even realize she was considered completely disposable.

Yennefer's actions in W3 are extreme, but all to find her adopted daughter.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's been a while since I last read the books, I only really remember Ciri being described as having enchanting eyes, she may well have grown up since then however. Geralt and Yen remark on such in Vizima.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

**** Gwent and **** any stupid game where the NPC gets a handicap.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Book-Triss betrayed Yennefer and Ciri to the Lodge and is just one of many sorceress ****buddies of Geralt. He also sampled Fringilla Vigo and Coral.

Game-Triss lied to Geralt about Yennefer and made use of his amnesia to get close to him. Then gets butthurt if you pick Shani anyway. And in second game it's revealed she was scheming with the rest of the Lodge but didn't even realize she was considered completely disposable.

Yennefer's actions in W3 are extreme, but all to find her adopted daughter.

Memory is shot, forget how she betrayed Ciri to the Lodge, but I know she did, heh. (Flipping around for this kind of thing is a weakness of ebooks)

In game I thought she never told him about Yennefer - though that'd be an odd conversation to an amnesiac. Yen's ok in W3, but they play up the snarkiness a bit too much, she does boss Geralt around in the books but not to the abusive degree she does in quests here. You do get to tell her off a lot in Kaer Morhen as she is pretty much irritating everyone there.

Huh, apparently there's a NG+ playthrough, or at least they left fragments of one in the game

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I did everything Gwent related in the game but still the collect quest isn't closed.

At least I have all leader cards, all hero cards and all cards you can buy and win from people.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What handicap is that?  The only games of gwent I lost were when I had really crappy cards.  As soon as I started finding/buying/winning some hero cards, as well as special cards, I was unstoppable.

i had to play a guy 3 times to win... he had monster cards and each card he played added at least 2 more cards from his deck on the field. but since almost all cards were melee, when i got myself a draw of 2 frost and mostly ranged cards, he had no chance anymore... and im mostly with my starter deck

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yennefer's just not a likeable person.  Everything she does is self-serving, and she's as cold as a fish.

Unless Geralt's a glutton for punishment, I don't know how anyone can choose Yennefer over Triss.

Here's a post about Yen from the Witcher forums. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40716-Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-(all-spoilers)?p=1716138&viewfull=1#post1716138

• Like 1

I quite like their take on Yen, imperious and arrogant as always, I always think of her as a fantasy equivalent of the Stainless Steel Rat's wife. Though i'm interested in finding out how she shed the Hunt's amnesia, and what exactly she went through in Nilfgaard.

Tea for the teapot!

I want to retire to Skellige.

Kind of a let down after Velen and Novigrad, quest line there is pretty short and the sidequests aren't all that grand for the most part. Is a fairly scenic region though.

Poor Vesemir, rare time I was disappointed to see an NPC die.

• Like 1

Yep Velen and Novigrad are far more interesting gameplay wise, but those mountains, forests and moody skies...enchanting.

Tea for the teapot!

What handicap is that?  The only games of gwent I lost were when I had really crappy cards.  As soon as I started finding/buying/winning some hero cards, as well as special cards, I was unstoppable.

NPCs have already a good deck but I'm still trying to find how to build one, I buy a whole bunch of cards but merchants don't seem to carry more than 5 and from different decks. So at this point of the game I'm still playing with the damn temerians because I haven't been able to build a proper deck.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

NPCs have already a good deck but I'm still trying to find how to build one, I buy a whole bunch of cards but merchants don't seem to carry more than 5 and from different decks. So at this point of the game I'm still playing with the damn temerians because I haven't been able to build a proper deck.

I stuck with the Temerian set because they seemed to be more plentiful.  I'm done the game, and still don't have complete sets of the other factions.

Best way to build a strong deck is to play against those players who will play for special cards (it's given as a quest), starting with the Baron in Velen and he'll have a list of other players who also will play for special cards.  That's how I got started with finding strong enough cards to compete with the better players.

I have 9,000 crowns and still 4,000 unused florens. Nothing useful to buy anyway.

I disagree, but I would welcome some additional late game money sinks.

All Superior grade bombs, oils and potions require 1-3 bottles of White Gull, which is made using the very rare Madrake Cordial, Cherry Cordial and Redanian Herbal liquors. You can buy these from some merchants, but in the end, making White Gull costs you roughly 350 crowns per bottle.

I'd say that getting a version of Swallow that's not only longer lasting and more potent than the lesser versions, but also throws out the rule "getting damaged stops the regen for 2 seconds", is pretty useful

Alchemy didn't seem worth it. Don't want to commit all my skill points to being able to chose between 100 tiny buffs which will then be even harder to identify and chose because of the ****ty inventory. I stopped making new potions and concoctions after about 10 I think, didn't want any more clutter. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.