11 people killed at a French satirical Newspaper

Meshugger

Sigh. Why do news outlets not show the policeman getting shot in the head but blank/ blur/ pause the footage? Surely, free speech demands that they show him getting executed as well? Of course, some people will get offended and it may upset his relatives but well, asterisk those delicate flowers...

Because that footage is a gold mine for those news outlets. Its shocking and people want to see shocking stuff. Many people watching = $$$. 

It reminds me of the excellent movie ''Nightcrawler''. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Some news.

According to some sources the man who killed a policewoman and injured a technician was tied to the terrorists who were responsible for the attack on the cartoonists.

The suspects are under siege in a small town Dammartin-en-Goële. They barricaded themselves a small printing house,probably holding hostages. There is a school for minors nearby the spot.

Sky News Livefeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlQJbsVs48

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Rumors say that 3 people have died at the Kosher food house attack.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here's hoping they take these fools alive.

https://twitter.com/FRANCE24/status/553554750080573440/photo/1

Apparently no one dead in the store

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well one thing is for sure, the political climate in Europe regarding Islam is changing. Partly due to the economic crisis, partly due to how unbalanced and dysfunctional the ideology of multiculturalism always was.  

This may have just won Le Pen the next election for her. PEGIDA protests in Germany grow daily. Come the next election cycle, politicians will have no choice but to follow suit.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

One side of the CBC's reasoning.

All they had to do is pretend for one day that terror doesn't work.

And we couldn't do even that.

Terror doesn't work if you know where you stand and have clear principles.

Time will show that the current policy of sitting on two chairs, one preaching "tolerance" and the other blowing up the middle east for monetary and political interests is wrong and fruitless. Its setting up citizens who believe in tolerance to end up as victims of terrorists for the profits of the few. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

One side of the CBC's reasoning.

All they had to do is pretend for one day that terror doesn't work.

And we couldn't do even that.

Wow what a long, convoluted and pseudo-intellectual speech to make just to avoid saying " we too scared to show the cartoons " :lol:

But I don't blame them, I would also agree its better not to show those types of cartoons. Its not like they  represent real news so in the interest of not offending  1.2 Billion people rather focus on other news stories. And that doesn't mean I would give the Muslim community a pass and not report on real criticisms if required. 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good grief! Paris is burning now, several bombs go off, and the police forces are entering that printing building, with guns blazing, it seems. Watching SkyNews right now...

The two Hebdo suspects are killed. Several hostages have been freed as well.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It seems to have been a simultanious operation. It sounded much more violent in Kosher Food Mart.

//edit: CNN says that the authorities have said that both operations have been "satisfactory". Interesting choice of words.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well glad the hostage was freed or so I hear (am watching France24), I suppose it is next to impossible to take them alive, but would have been nice to not have them as martyrs.

France24 saying everyone in the supermarket was killed. Damn.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well glad the hostage was freed or so I hear (am watching France24), I suppose it is next to impossible to take them alive, but would have been nice to not have them as martyrs.

France24 saying everyone in the supermarket was killed. Damn.

:(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Okay, that was wrong. Way to go France24, though I suppose I was dumb to listen. Apparently all hostages okay, hostage takers dead and one GIGN officer wounded.

Okay, that was wrong. Way to go France24, though I suppose I was dumb to listen. Apparently all hostages okay, hostage takers dead and one GIGN officer wounded.

:)

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Wonder how the woman at the supermarket managed to escape with all those cops there.

Edited by Malcador

According to police there at least 4 hostages dead though, so not completely flawless sad.png 'at least' implies that some might be in critical state

Well, that sucks. I guess France24 was initially correct

According to police there at least 4 hostages dead though, so not completely flawless sad.png 'at least' implies that some might be in critical state

well "all hostages dead' is a bit different message, but still, shame that some random people lost their life on this day in such circumstances.

According to BBC there was reports that terrorist shoot people when they took over the super market in first place