What do you think the twist(s) will be in KOTOR II

And plot-twist will be.....

"Carth Onasi is a Sith Lord"

Never saw that coming, did ya?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

all tell you what the plot twist is in kotor 2 the man or women in the skull mask with the red lightsaber is someone from the first game who betrayed everyone else on board and then they led the sith and that person could be different depending on the last game like if you ended as a dark jedi it could be bastila under the mask she killed reven and took the role as leader of the sith or if chose light side it could ber like juhani or someone who helped the sith capture the rest of the ebon hawks crew......never liked that chick anyway its somewhat obvious to a dark jedi with there face fully covered duh its someone you would remember from the first game so they have to hide there face

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how many people seem to whine about the twist in KOTOR being terrible. It's amazing that these same people, for some inexplicable reason, keep posting and playing said "crappy" game and are eagerly awaiting the sequel to said crappy game.

As for the twist, I'll bet it'll have to do with some line of dialogue from the previous game that you wouldn't pick up on until it happened (sort of like the twist in KOTOR when you play through again and think "oh man, now i see it").

I just hope that the twist doesn't have to do with Revan or Bastila. It'd make the game seem kinda cheesy if the twist was to do with them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Look. I read in a book once that there are only really 38 plots. Every story can be broken down as one of these 38 plots.

It holds fairly true. Nothing is truly original in this world. I wasn't really suprised by the Revan thing, but in fairness, I was warned that there was a twist, so I expected it. Had no one mentioned that a twist was coming, I probably would have been suprised.

Good plot twists are like magic tricks, it's all about misdirection. Everyone is so focused on Revan and the last game, that they'll never see the new twist coming.

That's the way it should be. I could seriously speculate, but I'd prefer to be suprised.

the twist is that the sith lords are actually yuuzhan vong (that asteroid candarous mentioned that destroyed a lot of mandalorian ships and then fled beyond the galaxy could be yuuzhan vong) that reconnected with the force and have traveled back into time to overtrow the republic far before there were any solo's/skywalkers/fel's/vergeres.

Gorth:

"Somebody once said something to the effect, that there was only seven movie themes."

I'm going to guess that this "somebody" was your elementary school English teacher. Does "Man versus Man, Man versus Woman, Man verses Nature, Man verses Community, Man verses Fate, Man verse Self, and Man verses the Supernatural," sound familiar?

I recall that was a popular break down when I was younger. It's somewhat unfortunate that they taught us that conflict was the same as plot.

There are as many 'archetype' plots as there are people who want to write about 'archetypes'. Joseph Campbell said there was one. Rudyard Kipling said there was sixty-nine. Carlo Gozzi and reprised by Georges Polti say there are thirty-six. Ronald Tobias claimed there were twenty 'master' plots. William Foster-Harris insists on three.

And, of course, no one agrees on what they are.

The general gist seems to be that every plot has been done so focus more on the telling then on making a new plot

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Ghost of Anikan:

" It's amazing how many people seem to whine about the twist in KOTOR being terrible. It's amazing that these same people, for some inexplicable reason, keep posting and playing said "crappy" game and are eagerly awaiting the sequel to said crappy game."

Let me get this straight: if you think one part of a game boring, you must automatically think the game is crappy and not look forward to its sequel? Even if that part is several hours into gameplay? Which would suggest you enjoyed the parts before it.

Is this really a logical conclusion to make?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Maria Caliban:

Let me get this straight: if you think one part of a game boring, you must automatically think the game is crappy and not look forward to its sequel? Even if that part is several hours into gameplay? Which would suggest you enjoyed the parts before it.

The way some people tell it, the bad plot twist, NPC, romance, dialogue, breach of canon, etc, ruined the game in its entirety. It's likely that he's replying to those very same people, and not those who write an eloquent and critical opinion regarding an apsect of the game they didn't like. Logic dictates that he was talking about the former, not the latter, thus your questioning of his logic is illigocal. You questions his conclusions, yet you draw conclusions regarding his intent that likely aren't present. :)

I have a good feeling that the twist could have something to do with the Mandalorian Wars....

Given that the Mandalorian War is a theme that's present in both games, I have a suspicion that you may be on to something with that. :)

Most of the time I find CRPG plots predictable. I simply apply this little test: How would I write it? I can often predict most plots and twists a good while ahead of time. Also it helps to look for clues and such. In KotOR they made it so freaking obvious though it was quite painful.

Maria Caliban:

The way some people tell it, the bad plot twist, NPC, romance, dialogue, breach of canon, etc, ruined the game in its entirety. It's likely that he's replying to those very same people, and not those who write an eloquent and critical opinion regarding an apsect of the game they didn't like. Logic dictates that he was talking about the former, not the latter, thus your questioning of his logic is illigocal. You questions his conclusions, yet you draw conclusions regarding his intent that likely aren't present. :p

Indeed Mr. Spock. :)

Grey:

"The way some people tell it, the bad plot twist, NPC, romance, dialogue, breach of canon, etc, ruined the game in its entirety. It's likely that he's replying to those very same people, and not those who write an eloquent and critical opinion regarding an apsect of the game they didn't like. Logic dictates that he was talking about the former, not the latter, thus your questioning of his logic is illigocal. You questions his conclusions, yet you draw conclusions regarding his intent that likely aren't present."

It is logical to base your questioning on what another has said, not what he might have said or what he might have meant. If I were to do that, I'd be making assumptions about someone that I have little to no experience with and that would be illogical. At no point did I question his intent; rather, I questioned the logic of his statement as it stood. The illogical thing would be to add or subtract from his statement based on what I perceived as his intent