The culture of Rape, Bill Cosby Story

BruceVC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3606778/Bill-Cosby-arrives-court-smiling-waving-s-set-come-face-face-woman-accused-rape-time-decade.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Guys I said this was inevitable ....and his wife is still standing by him .....50 + women accusing him, what is wrong with his wife ?

She is his wife. There is nothing wrong with wife standing by him when he is accused by moneygrabbers.

Sharp_one......I always appreciate your brutal honesty. It demonstrates your  bigotry and ignorance but you are one of those rare people who doesn't seem to care 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3606778/Bill-Cosby-arrives-court-smiling-waving-s-set-come-face-face-woman-accused-rape-time-decade.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Guys I said this was inevitable ....and his  wife is still standing by him .....50 + women accusing him, what is wrong with his wife ?

I don't know, maybe she actually loves him and the accusers are like a den of vipers who only want fame and money. What do you know?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guys I said this was inevitable ....and his  wife is still standing by him .....50 + women accusing him, what is wrong with his wife ?

I don't know, maybe she actually loves him and the accusers are like a den of vipers who only want fame and money. What do you know?

" she loves him " ???? Whats love meshugger to people like us.....you also dont seem to be someone who factors that into why people do things ?

No so this is not about love, if for example a women found her husband was a child molester she may still love him but to stand by him would be deplorable. Cosbys wife is obviously completely  under his influence...but to actually stand by him when over 50 women  are accusing him of rape I dont feel sorry for her, I just think its pathetic and a betrayal of the ordeal all those women went through

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unconditional love is an alien concept nowadays.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unconditional love is an alien concept nowadays.

I remember being in love years ago with different women but nowadays I find I like a women, really like them but that is a far as I feel 

I'm fine with that as its not like I'm not happy but this whole idea of being in  love with a single person , its just a fond  memory  :blush:

John Milton 

Uh-huh.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Bruce, your presidential hopeful also stayed with her husband after he was caught being sexually deviant by a truck load of women. Seems ironic to point out Cosby in one forum and root Clinton in an adjacent one.

If you want to make a factual comparison I promise I would consider it 

But dude ...come on its got to be reasonable, when people try to compare Bill Clinton to what Cosby did that just smacks of an unfair and irrelevant  comparison and really a personal one ...something Trump would say to his supporters who think its great 

I am sorry if I seem dismissive but Hilary is going to be the next president and I am going to spend as much time as possible challenging some of more absurd attacks on  her that often motivated by the fact she is a women

John Milton 

You mean how she laughs at rape victims?

Volo produce links if you want me to review it 

John Milton 

Bruce, your presidential hopeful also stayed with her husband after he was caught being sexually deviant by a truck load of women. Seems ironic to point out Cosby in one forum and root Clinton in an adjacent one.

There is a pretty big line between adultery and assault.    

Thats just part of it, I have heard what Ganrich said before, I'm not saying he believes but its similar to other personal attacks from Trump. It doesnt have to be true for them, some of his supporters just have to think its sounds feasible 

But this is what Hilary expected, Trump is predictable like this. What he doesnt realize is Hilary is much better at playing the 

" old personal attack "  game than he could ever conceive. She just basically ignores it ....the perfect response and just makes her look more reasonable yet highlighting how childish and petty Trump comes across 

John Milton 

Juanita Broadrick would like a word Hurlshot.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And yet she didn't tell Ken Starr anything. Amusing to see how believing people is dependent on who the accused is, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are looking at the act of the man and not the wife's action or their point of view. Man accused of deviance by a horde of women, wife sticks by mans side, and you say "well the deviance of one is worse by letter of the law." Ok, sure, but the parallel is still there between the wives (the two people I was pointing out). They are both wlling to put up with suspect behavior from their husbands. Which is either a weakness of character or a strength of character depending on how you look at it. I view it as weakness, but perhaps both wives are privvy to information that we are not. I find both acts deplorable, and Cosby's is worse by the view of most of the "western world". The level of criminality in their acts through law and/or as viewed by society is irrelevant. What is relevant is how their infidelity is viewed by their wives. Which is an eerily similar situation. The Cosby's have been married since 1964. So, every example of his guilt is also a betrayal of their marriage. Just like with Bill Clinton.

However, both wives sticking around is equally stupid to me. It reeks of dependence, but maybe both are in a marriage of convenience over one of love. It could also be that both marriages are more business arrangements. That is something I would possibly believe with the Clintons, but don't know enough to make that assumption of the Cosby's.

And yet she didn't tell Ken Starr anything. Amusing to see how believing people is dependent on who the accused is, heh.

You know the great thing about that statement is if you reverse the meaning it's still true. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know the great thing about that statement is if you reverse the meaning it's still true. :lol:

Oh for sure. It's like sports fans dealing with refereeing :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are looking at the act of the man and not the wife's action or their point of view. Man accused of deviance by a horde of women, wife sticks by mans side, and you say "well the deviance of one is worse by letter of the law." Ok, sure, but the parallel is still there between the wives (the two people I was pointing out). They are both wlling to put up with suspect behavior from their husbands. Which is either a weakness of character or a strength of character depending on how you look at it. I view it as weakness, but perhaps both wives are privvy to information that we are not. I find both acts deplorable, and Cosby's is worse by the view of most of the "western world". The level of criminality in their acts through law and/or as viewed by society is irrelevant. What is relevant is how their infidelity is viewed by their wives. Which is an eerily similar situation. The Cosby's have been married since 1964. So, every example of his guilt is also a betrayal of their marriage. Just like with Bill Clinton.

However, both wives sticking around is equally stupid to me. It reeks of dependence, but maybe both are in a marriage of convenience over one of love. It could also be that both marriages are more business arrangements. That is something I would possibly believe with the Clintons, but don't know enough to make that assumption of the Cosby's.

Ganrich I am not trying to be condescending as I like you but please tell me you havent said what you said above to any women or people who support gender equality? They will think you are utterly sexist or very unaware of something VERY fundamental

• Cosby raped dozens of women over the decades..he drugged and raped them and he pretended to be a good family man. I repeat he raped and drugged dozens of women....he was and is a  sexual predator ....but he was one of the worst as he was able to hide it
  • Bill Clinton had affairs, he had consensual sex  with women. He never raped anyone?

You must see the huge difference 

John Milton 

Bruce, Juanita Broadrick woud like a word. :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Bruce, look this name up that Guard Dog keeps posting. Sorry, your argument is invalid. It's ok. We can't all be right all of the time.

Also, I am not talking about "your" perspective, but that of the wives of the two Bill's in question. Both women have a husband that cheated in their marriage. Also, most women find me the antithesis of sexist (thanks for the concern), and although I don't talk much about this sort of tabloid garbage amongst my friends and family I am sure the wouldn't be so dense as to avoid seeing the parallels in these two scenarios. I think the vast majority of women probably dislike infedelity in relationships. I would argue that if women knew that you condoned it in one case but not in another (even with more egregiously deplorable examples) that you were potentially sexist, and most definitely hypocritical.

Let's be fair, if the only person accusing Cosby was Janice Dickinson, this would be tabloid fodder and everyone would ignore it.  The reason Cosby has fallen so quickly is because there is a long list of women coming forward and accusing him, and they all tell the same disturbing MO.  The case still needs to be tried with evidence weighed, but it looks very bad.

Clinton has a long list of affairs, but only one has accused him of rape.  If you want to compare him to Cosby, I think you need more than that.  He may be a scumbag, but there does not seem to be a history of assault on women.  My first instinct to to believe Juanita Broadrick and throw the book at Clinton, but I do find it troubling that such a serial philanderer does not have more accusations.   

As Ganrich pointed out, it is a different case with the wives.  Both seem to be willing to endure some pretty tough circumstances.  However there seems to be evidence that Cosby's wife was not only aware of assault, but may have helped cover it up (and enabled it to continue.)  That's a huge distinction as well.

• Like 1

Also, I've always viewed the Clintons as a political marriage.  They stay together because it is best for their careers.  That isn't a new concept.  

The Cosby's don't have that going for them.  You can argue that Cosby's wife stayed through this because of his reputation, but it is still a very different scenario.  

• Like 1

As Ganrich pointed out, it is a different case with the wives.  Both seem to be willing to endure some pretty tough circumstances.  However there seems to be evidence that Cosby's wife was not only aware of assault, but may have helped cover it up (and enabled it to continue.)  That's a huge distinction as well.

I won't argue against this point at all. Her helping to cover it up (if true) is despicable. If she was just aware of it and just allowed him to carry on... Then she has my sympathy. She is still weak, and needs to realize someone like that isn't worth having in your life.

I will say that the Clinton's are incredible at making bad stuff go away. They had, and still have, much more power than Cosby ever had. They also are favorably regarded in the media, and I wouldn't be surprised if some women were paid off to not come forward. Heck, people around the Clintons tend to down right get ****ed. So maybe some were disappeared. :p I'm not saying that happened, but it's possible. It is more likely that Juanita was trying to get her 15 minutes of fame and going for the jugular. However, we may never know everything.

Also, I've always viewed the Clintons as a political marriage.  They stay together because it is best for their careers.  That isn't a new concept.  

The Cosby's don't have that going for them.  You can argue that Cosby's wife stayed through this because of his reputation, but it is still a very different scenario.

Definitely a political marriage. However, perhaps the Cosby situation is more a wife with a life of luxury. I personally find the idea of a marriage for politics or money awful. It also doesn't make the women in the situation appear any less weak. Their lives in complete shadow of their husbands. Talk about the patriarchy.