Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

Cis is cisgender, which refers to "identifying with the gender you were born as". It's a fairly useful word to contrast with other-gendered in discussions about that. Not sure how or why it became a slur, however.

Anyway, between the backlisting of female developers who support GG and the activist campaign to convince the World Wildlife Fund not to accept money from a GG charity drive, I think it's become utterly obvious that these people care nothing about making the world a better, more inclusive place. When supporting GG for me was a neccesary evil at first, it's now become abundantly clear that GG is a force for good and those opposing it are the reactionary people trying to protect their privelege from their ivory towers.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 3

Cis is cisgender, which refers to "identifying with the gender you were born as". It's a fairly useful word to contrast with other-gendered in discussions about that. Not sure how or why it became a slur, however.

Why invent other words for things that already have a name, it's called normal people.

At the risk of sounding like a bigot, I'm sorta inclined to agree with the bigoted comment above.

I wouldn't word it as "normal people" since that kinda implies others have something wrong with them, but the standard? Yeah. And the reason I bring it up is because I highly doubt "cis" has any sort of scientific or factual relevance that neccesitates it's existence. Rather, I get the sense some SJW thought it was awful that a person without a minority position on their gender gets a very normal term and others have to put up with having labels, so they simply invented a label for the sheer purpose of equality. And to me, if my suspicions are correct then it's yet another example of putting dem feels before dem thoughts, as the word literally serves no purpose that wasn't already served by alternatives.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I do not like being right about these post-modernistic SJWs :(

When there is no truth, reason, empiricism or beauty, there is only power. It is the only thing that matters, and it is achieved through force, bullying and malice. The only way to rob them of their imaginary power is to **** them over by simple mockery. It shows that they have zero influence or power over you as an individual or as a group.

People on the far left are downright frightening.  Generally, people on the far left are heavily narcissistic, very much feeling morally superior to everyone else.  They think they have a formula figured out that will work for everyone, and if everyone just buys in, bam, utopia.  Of course, they very quickly encounter resistance to people conforming to their "ideal" way to live (You'll never believe this, but some people don't like to be told what to do.  Shocking.).  Due to their narcissistic nature, the thought that their ideal might not work for everyone is immediately dismissed as "they don't know what's good for them", because, clearly, they know better.  Because their own narcissistic nature cannot and will not allow for the possibility that they're wrong, their conscience is clear and has given them carte blanche to do whatever is takes to spread their ideals, by force if necessary, because it all ultimately leads to a "better" world, their world.  So what you have is a group of heavily egotistical people that cannot be reasoned with and that very much operate under the "ends justify the means" school of thought (While sometimes the ends do indeed justify the means, I probably don't need to tell any reasonable person how volatile a mindset that is and just how horribly wrong it can go.)  Then you add in sheeple that can easily be manipulated to go along with a vocal faction (especially in today's retweet first, give it thought never culture), and those who don't give two ****s about any of the ideals they're just there to leech off them and make a profit (to be fair, there are people leeching off the pro-GG side as well, and there are no doubt pro-GG sheeple that are supporting it only because others are, or as nothing more than a middle finger).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The cis label i deliberate since the it lowers its significance to be equal to all other possible gender constructs. Normal cannot be used because it implies that all other definitions are a deviation of a standard state. By removing normal and changing it to 'cis', it is just another gender construct, inheritly equal to otherkin, dragonXirkin and whatnot.

That way you can imply that your self-identified gender is as reasonable as Joe Sixpack and not for investigation for your mental health.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is what they think is scary? A cutesy farming game? Ok then.

Also LOL about it being dudes talking crap about a woman. Modern feminism everyone.

Anyway, between the backlisting of female developers who support GG and the activist campaign to convince the World Wildlife Fund not to accept money from a GG charity drive, I think it's become utterly obvious that these people care nothing about making the world a better, more inclusive place. When supporting GG for me was a neccesary evil at first, it's now become abundantly clear that GG is a force for good and those opposing it are the reactionary people trying to protect their privelege from their ivory towers.

I find it absolutely revolting that these people are so narcissistic they take charity donations to groups they are unrelated to as an insult. I think it speaks greatly to the character of pro-opposition partisans when they ally with Gawker and support people who have engaged in doxxing from their public Twitter accounts, even supporting them when they do it.

We are dealing with authoritarians who subscribe to post-modernism views on power and truth that believe there are "no bad tactics, only bad targets" and have no problem attacking those they claim to stand for if they step out of line. It's absolutely necessary to fight them wherever we can and destroy their ideas by proving them wrong where any popular support they might have had goes away.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Why invent other words for things that already have a name, it's called normal people.

At the risk of sounding like a bigot, I'm sorta inclined to agree with the bigoted comment above.

I wouldn't word it as "normal people" since that kinda implies others have something wrong with them, but the standard? Yeah. And the reason I bring it up is because I highly doubt "cis" has any sort of scientific or factual relevance that neccesitates it's existence. Rather, I get the sense some SJW thought it was awful that a person without a minority position on their gender gets a very normal term and others have to put up with having labels, so they simply invented a label for the sheer purpose of equality. And to me, if my suspicions are correct then it's yet another example of putting dem feels before dem thoughts, as the word literally serves no purpose that wasn't already served by alternatives.

It only implies tthere's something wrong with the others if you want it to. Especially considering the movement towards embracing the weird. If 99.3% of people are cisgendered, you can safely call that "normal"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So Mrs. Sommers Wikipedia article is being routinely vandalized and changed into more negative things. For example, someone removed the (sourced) "NY Times Notable Book of the Year" accolade and replaced it with a critical quote. The people who say GamerGate is on the wrong side of history have to make that history revisionist to make it so, it seems.

• Like 1

So Mrs. Sommers Wikipedia article is being routinely vandalized and changed into more negative things. For example, someone removed the (sourced) "NY Times Notable Book of the Year" accolade and replaced it with a critical quote. The people who say GamerGate is on the wrong side of history have to make that history revisionist to make it so, it seems.

That's just ****ing depressing. Come out of the shadows you cowards!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'm not suprised, and I'm pretty sure the pro-corruption side will probably excuse it like they did with Chu and Harper doxxing people. I suppose we can add scam artist to neo-Nazi, rape apologist, and harrasers as the leaders of pro-corruption.

When the truth is inconvenient, make a new truth. Far easier to lie about someone than address their concerns, as we've seen displayed daily in gamergate.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Sarkeesian a con woman, hypocrite, and fraud?  In other news, water is wet and congress is corrupt.

On a serious note, this article does nothing to change the impression of Ms. Sarkeesian to anyone that is not blinded by idol worship for her.  We've all known she's a fraud for quite a while (long before GamerGate).  However, the possibility that she worked for a dude selling seminars on how to trick women into ****ing you is pretty hilarious.  Also, if nothing else, the article reintroduced the term Snake Oil Salesman (I'm mad at myself that I had forgotten the term) into my life.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anti-GG is calling for its followers to not support SeedScape to get through greenlight. This is because a GG supporting developer Jennifer D'aww is making said game. It looks like a Harvest Moon type game. Check it out and perhaps give them a vote if it is to your liking.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340877105

Not only do I not expect the media to cover this title (it may be too small, but the sentiment toward pro-GG devs won't help), but we are already seeing a call to not support it. It is sad.

Ah, and it is heart warming to see that Anita assisted some jerk to become a PUA. I am glad she has the female population in her heart and mind at all times.

Anti-GG is calling for its followers to not support SeedScape to get through greenlight. This is because a GG supporting developer Jennifer D'aww is making said game. It looks like a Harvest Moon type game. Check it out and perhaps give them a vote if it is to your liking.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340877105

Not only do I not expect the media to cover this title (it may be too small, but the sentiment toward pro-GG devs won't help), but we are already seeing a call to not support it. It is sad.

Ah, and it is heart warming to see that Anita assisted some jerk to become a PUA. I am glad she has the female population in her heart and mind at all times.

I was honestly expecting this game to look ****ty, because to be quite blunt, both the devs for and against GG have only evoked reactions equating to "who?" from me up until now, and I've imagined all of them to be rather miserable wannabe developers with limited experience.

Then I watch the trailer and it hits me right in the very same gland that loves Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?