New Trailer Yo [Now with Pre-order]

Minimum System Requirements revealed

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Video Card: Model Shader 3 Compatible Video Card, 512 MB or better, Processor: 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor, RAM: 4GB RAM, Hard Drive: 25 GB Hard Drive Space, Mouse, Keyboard

It's a cavalcade of fantastic areas. Kudos to OE's area design team. No shortage of talent there, apparently! It looks stunning.

If they would nail the combat in time for the release, the potential for a new classic is very high indeed. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hype mode activated.

*beep beep beep*

*jump up and down*

i'm surprised by the price... but for us backers this means this is one game where backing actually had some big advantage (at least at lower levels)

Edited by lolaldanee

Those dragons look good!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Props to Paradox. That was a good trailer.

It's nice to see shots from the game, however I almost think too much was shown. Either way, there was nothing spectacular about this trailer. Paradox better do better. If they don't do something as good as their Crusader Kings 2 promotions, which are really the only good promotions I've ever seen them do, I'm going to say that Obsidian never should have partnered with them.

Props to Paradox. That was a good trailer.

It's nice to see shots from the game, however I almost think too much was shown. Either way, there was nothing spectacular about this trailer. Paradox better do better. If they don't do something as good as their Crusader Kings 2 promotions, which are really the only good promotions I've ever seen them do, I'm going to say that Obsidian never should have partnered with them.

Eh...you seem to have a codependant attitude towards obsidian.

Edited by Sheikh

Not really. Paradox is on board to do certain things, primarily marketing and using their experience as a publisher/ distributor to Obsidian's advantage, and they will be getting money from the partnership. And if they don't do those jobs well then partnering with them is pointless to counter productive because they get paid for doing them, money that otherwise would have gone to Obsidian, or someone else who would have done the job well.

(Far too early to tell whether they've done the job well since they are effectively just starting and have 5 (?) months to go with the marketing, I'm just glad I backed the project so none of my money goes to Paradox who I dislike intensely)

• Like 1

I was trying to skim through a review of DA:I on the PC Gamer site. Then an ad popped up for Pillars of Eternity.

I clicked on it, naturally. Looks like Paradox is spending some marketing money on this. Nice.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle