Music - must - go on!

Rosbjerg

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Definitely in my list of "songs to play when I'm dying."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I still have this album on vinyl somewhere. Used to love the first song - watching the video tho makes me think of the one bounty hunter from Critters. I wonder what teens in the 2000's will think of their styles 30 years from now. :lol:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stumbled on a cover of this song earlier during a youtube adventure that began from a linked video on this forum. Then looked up the original.

Awesome stuff imo.

Looks like they're doing a US tour this summer. Think I'm going to make an effort to see them.

The cover I found:

and the video that lead to me finding the cover:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70007-the-weird-random-and-interesting-things-that-fit-nowhere-else-thread/page-7?do=findComment&comment=1574441

I still have this album on vinyl somewhere. Used to love the first song - watching the video tho makes me think of the one bounty hunter from Critters. I wonder what teens in the 2000's will think of their styles 30 years from now. :lol:

the MTV age were... peculiar.  we suspect that folks who listened to the hooters in college bars in philly had a hard time recognizing what they saw in videos.

peter, paul and mary does background vocals on the linked song.  

am not a huge hooters fan, but we saw 'em (a couple times) and we were impressed with 'em as a live band after largely having discounted them based on mtv videos and radio play.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

speaking of live bands, we got to see when bruce hornsby and bela fleck were touring together... 

that is victor wooten on bass.  

is rare you get to see so many virtuoso musicians on stage at one time in small venue settings... other than in blues (and jazz *sigh*) bars in new orleans and chicago.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Immediately thought of this song when I heard the Nemtsov news.

Plus some bonus pontificating by Joe.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I forget sometimes how good the LotR trilogy soundtracks are...