Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

I'm going full Bruce and say it was an excellent read and everyone should read it. 

Lazarus-kirk-lazarus-3683732-300-375.jpg

You went full Bruce.  Never go full Bruce.  :p

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://mobile.twitter.com/dpakman/status/528536369401171968

B1WeWd3CUAA-ahv.png

Anti-gg people on Twitter are the best recruiters for gg supporters.

I'm going full Bruce and say it was an excellent read and everyone should read it.

Apparantly, it was written by that Decado-guy at the 'Codex. Damn good.

I wish he would come back here, dude was pretty awesome.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I like how Pakman is now considered a hero for doing his job.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The harassment he's been getting is absolutely despicable. It is the clearest indicator that those against GamerGate cannot claim any higher moral ground out of guilt by association as the side "representing" and "associating with" them is by far as bad if not worse than the fringe lunatics identifying as the GamerGate side. If guilt by association (I recall I was called a "useful idiot" for supporting GamerGate) was ever a viable argument (hint: it's not) that argument has long been taken away.

Random little thing that occured to me....

The Bay Area is expensive to live in. Source: I was born there.

This got me wondering - and I've no idea where she actually lives, nor can I find it on google searches despite the doxxing - but if Zoe Quinn manages to live there and doesn't really do....well, ANYTHING except small projects like Depression Quest, then something's up.

While googling for where she lived (no not to send her knives ;P just to know if it's the Bay Area), came across this on wikipedia:

Quinn is interested in body modification, and has implanted a chip in the back of her hand that can be programmed to perform various functions. Her first use of the chip was to load it with the download code for the game Deus Ex.[24] She also has a magnetic implant in her left ring finger.

I hate to say it but a lot of the claims that I would consider typical slander you'd see in any fight like this, specifically the ones calling these people spoiled trust fund babies who've never had a day of honest hard work in their lives, seem to actually hold a decent amount of merit. By no means is the Bay Area a place that everyone can afford to live in, and there was some thread on reddit just today saying Wu is allegedly getting $3,600 a month in donations alone.

It all seems very warped to me, to see a staple mudslinging insult ("my opponents are spoiled rich kids with no grasp of reality) actually hold merit, and it's equally as warped to watch the nonstop accusations that GamerGate is a bunch of white guys when the vast majority of anti-GG is exactly that. They have an entire asian, multiple white guys and - if we sat down to do a headcount - GG might include more notable women than anti-GG. (The three women from the huffington post interview, Christina Sommers, that one lady who looked into IGF's immoral connections who's screenname escapes me atm vs. Zoe Quinn, Wu, Leigh and Anita)

Whole thing won't ever stop feeling surreal.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

I believe you mean the lady who goes by the name Cameralady. There was also the female pro-GamerGate writer who was harassed by people sending false allegations of plagiarism en masse to her book resellers (such as Amazon) and Christina Sommers deputy, Cathy Young.

Also, if you're counting self-identity, no, they do not have a full asian. That asian has made it completely clear in the past that he identifies as white, not asian.

I believe you mean the lady who goes by the name Cameralady. There was also the female pro-GamerGate writer who was harassed by people sending false allegations of plagiarism en masse to her book resellers (such as Amazon) and Christina Sommers deputy, Cathy Young.

Also, if you're counting self-identity, no, they do not have a full asian. That asian has made it completely clear in the past that he identifies as white, not asian.

But he belongs to the group that consistently has the most scorn thrown at them in media: Nazis.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I believe you mean the lady who goes by the name Cameralady.

Thank you, for some reason I kept thinking Microphonelady. :p

The anti-GG are not still tolerating IMC are they? I mean the gentleman endorsed the genocide of six million men, women and children, they can't seriously be wanting such an individual supporting them, can they? If so then they have sunk further than I can believe.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

He was last seen teaming up on a girl with FullMcIntosh himself.

He also recently tweeted: "Why are people spreading the lie that I never apologized for things I said as a teenager? I've done so repeatedly".

I don't believe I ever said he didn't apologize, but I maintain that the apology was A) insincere pacification for the sake of not being blacklisted and B) not even remotely close to sufficient atonement. But I guess he's going to keep maintaining the opinion that he's atoned for his **** and people only dislike him because he "made some silly mistakes as a kid". Here's the truth: He hasn't. You don't ****ing just shake off promotion of genocide and holocaust denial. He has not redeemed himself and parroting ridiculous rich kids with zero credentials who pretend to be "progressive" will not do so either.

The most scathing condemnation of Mr. McIntosh and others such as himself isn't anything they do, it's the company they keep. If I can be condemned via guilt by association with "misogynists" simply for tweeting with a hashtag and asking questions about journalistic integrity, then what are they for actively conversing and agreeing with a self-proclaimed Nazi sympathiser?

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Longknife is on to something. I was in SF last year and while walking along the small houses west of Coit tower (somewhere between telegraph hill and russian hill), where i asked one of the locals what the prices around that area where...

1.5-2 million dollars, on avarage

They looked like regular small houses for working class families, built very tightly together, so let this sink in: In order to buy a small house in SF, you have to be a millionare.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Longknife is on to something. I was in SF last year and while walking along the small houses west of Coit tower (somewhere between telegraph hill and russian hill), where i asked one of the locals what the prices around that area where...

1.5-2 million dollars, on avarage

They looked like regular small houses for working class families, built very tightly together, so let this sink in: In order to buy a small house in SF, you have to be a millionare.

Just to clarify though, there are multiple little satellite areas around SF itself that allow you to commute to it daily. I myself was born in San Francisco and commuted to it daily, but lived in Berkeley or Richmond. These places are STILL more expensive than what people are used to, but not millionaire expensive. Point was more that it does not appear as though Anita, Wu or Zoe are exactly working their asses off, yet they all manage to survive in that area (I assume, again I don't know where Zoe lives). That suggests to me that they're getting significant aid, which kinda puts a dent in the whole "my life is so hard" narrative.

I'm very proud of being a San Francisco native, despite the fact these loons are from there too. San Francisco is boss at producing and housing unique individuals, and they can't all be winners. And whenever I come across someone who's visited the city, they ALWAYS loved it and have nothing but praise to say. But yeah, of course if there's nothing but praise, then it'll be an expensive place to live cause demand is high. When I lived there, that was a time when my mother working for Whoopie-****ing-Goldberg. They were neighbors wanting to make it big who agreed the first one to make it big would give the other an assistant job, Whoopie lucked out. And my dad? He worked on exhibits at the Exploratorium. These are by no means "commoner" positions with modest pay, and despite this, both lived fairly modestly when they lived there. Well, you can guess that neither lives there anymore. Mom stopped working for Whoopie to spend more time with me, and bills became a problem until she left the area. Dad works irregularly (needs to be contracted) which doesn't really work well for that area so he moved on too. The only contacts I still have there are a guy who inherited a lot of money and hasn't had to work much at all in life, and he still lives on a modest little houseboat last I recall (though to be fair, he thought a houseboat would be kick ass so he chose it), and another childhood friend who is fortunate enough to have her parent's place (again, not directly in the city itself), so she can manage to work as a waitress or other basic job and still get by.

It's just not exactly an environment that encourages modest income, so seeing the work these guys do I can't help but wonder where their money comes from. It kinda makes me wish I'd paid attention to the doxx'ing so that I'd know their exact addresses and have an idea what kind of neighborhood they're in.

When I was a teenager, I lied about getting my ass kicked so my parents wouldn't lose their ****. About a month later I came clean and apologized for that. I also did drugs, stole about $45 of stuff, cheated on a midterm, and had sex with someone's girlfriend.

Someone like Cheong putting his sickening approval of genocide in with my bull**** is utterly disgusting.

And Wu lives in Boston, not SF.

• Like 1

The Bay Area is huge. SF is just a small part of it.

Damn straight. Only mentioned it cause I think I recall reading somewhere that at the very least Anita lives in SF.

• Like 1

David Pakman = -(FullMcintosh)

And now he is getting **** because he said he would be open to having someone from Stormfront on his show. I don't suppose someone should tell the "progressives" bitching at him that journalists interview hate groups and terrorists? He has had a Westboro member on his show as well, guess that means he hates homosexuals.

Edited by KaineParker

I don't believe that was an actual jab. It was unironic, which makes it all te more ironic.

Yep. It's like an ironyception.  Pakman is by far my favorite person involved with all of this. He's so naive, so innocent, so honest and so ACCIDENTLY HILARIOUS in his involvement with it all that it's just the best thing ever.

Another topic, anyone checked out the GamerGhazi subreddit? Strange place.

I don't believe that was an actual jab. It was unironic, which makes it all te more ironic.

IDK, he does give the sense of someone a bit impish that likes to poke people for fun while having complete deniability. Which I totally can relate and respect.

Anyways, GG making funny OC I quite laughed at this one 

1414859665707-3.jpg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

IDK, he does give the sense of someone a bit impish that likes to poke people for fun while having complete deniability. Which I totally can relate and respect.

1414859665707-3.jpg

Looks like a bunch of dudes to me, what am I missing?

• Like 1

1414859665707-3.jpg

8 of these people have talent.

Edit:  Also:

"When GamerGate stepped on the scene, SJWs were petrified

Jet back to the lab like they were being chased by homicide

Our truth does you right, Tical, and it will never steer you wrong

And all you hypocrite journalists in the industry

Your careers won't be lasting long."

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://news.yahoo.com/video/dont-blame-gamers-gamergate-234113686.html

A writer who freelances at Playboy has managed to be more clearheaded than gaming journalists and "progressive" media.

Are we living on Bizaro world or something?

Edited by KaineParker