Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

Also, we've gone beyond FullMcIntoshkTQwz8Z.png

This guy has to be the world's most dedicated troll and a triple agent so deep undercover that not even the organization he serves remembers him or knows he's allied to them. That's the only rational explanation.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Boogie has agreed to be on MSNBC. Will wait to see how that pans out.

Also, we've gone beyond FullMcIntosh

kTQwz8Z.png

Good to know. 'Fun' is definitely code for feeling powerful. That's why the heroic SJW's are fighting so our games won't be 'fun' anymore.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Also, we've gone beyond FullMcIntoshkTQwz8Z.png

This guy has to be the world's most dedicated troll and a triple agent so deep undercover that not even the organization he serves remembers him or knows he's allied to them. That's the only rational explanation.
Rational and Jonathan McIntosh have very little to do with one another. Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

An interviewer who actually asks questions? The end of time must be near. And look, Brianna isn't able to answer any of them.

I can't watch all of that stupid stuff, but I loved when she said "I had to take a 24 hours Twitter break." OMYGOD 24 hours?! The horror, the horror.

Come on, nobody can take this serious.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

An interviewer who actually asks questions? The end of time must be near. And look, Brianna isn't able to answer any of them.

I can't watch all of that stupid stuff, but I loved when she said "I had to take a 24 hours Twitter break." OMYGOD 24 hours?! The horror, the horror.

Come on, nobody can take this serious.

Its a trip down the rabbit hole for sure.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Seeing the 24:59 time on that video, there's no way I'm spending that amount of time watching some screeching banshee. The last video with her was bad enough.

She cops to trolling with a sock puppet account, calls the interview a hit piece, and makes herself look like a lunatic.

She's not a feminist. She's an equalist!

She isn't a feminist? Are you just saying that because she seems to have the values of an equalist?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

She's not a feminist. She's an equalist!

She isn't a feminist? Are you just saying that because she seems to have the values of an equalist?

You'll find plenty of feminists who call her an anti-feminist, if you look her up. :)

Also, the whole discussion has taken a tone of:

tumblr_inline_n3otvyEOQG1stj8ke.gif

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So a guy gets the fire department called to his house, for real, not just nameless threat on the internet. But GG are the biggest harassers still. Right...

Now to apply their own logic to them (like they care but still). You social justice guys have a problem. People are doing nasty and dangerous things in the name of your cause. So before preaching to others to police the internet against harassment go and fix your own issues.

So a guy gets the fire department called to his house, for real, not just nameless threat on the internet. But GG are the biggest harassers still. Right...

Now to apply their own logic to them (like they care but still). You social justice guys have a problem. People are doing nasty and dangerous things in the name of your cause. So before preaching to others to police the internet against harassment go and fix your own issues.

Not only that, but some of the anti-gamergate journalist seem to support or at least condone such conduct. You won't hear any condemnation of the anti-gamergate harassers by the "bring back bullying" Gawker.

Ah yes, the glorious freedom of the free-market wherein content and ideas can be freely exchanged but don't you dare critique existing products, organize with others and in any way try to influence the mystical sagely wisdom of the market.

You guys are so transparent.

One can critique existing products.

But, that also means the critics themselves can be critiqued.

Everyone is free to campaign for games and content he wants.

However, I draw the line at tying to shame or force people into making your game or not making games you don't like. I also draw the line at blatantly lying to people / your audience.

Edited by TrashMan
  • Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Someone has to tell Wu to get back into the office.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

B0_C6a5_IYAAH70_D_jpg_large.jpg

B0_dh26_IAAAKk_K_jpg_large.jpg

B0_LY2_WCAAA_9i_N_jpg_large.jpg

Conflicts of interest? Ethics? Wat? Actually it's all about misogyny.

I have to chuckle at this. Between this and the KiA AMA with some anti-gg journalist, these people consistently prove themselves unable to directly address points.

Wu keeps at it.

https://twitter.com/SerialExpansion/status/527099896273190912/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FartToContinue/status/527065276698091520/photo/1

She's a like a one man disaster, wrecking the anti-GG credibility with reckless abadon.

You go girl!

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

My God, what a HEINOUS attack!

Brianna Wu is a developer, right?  What has she made?  I'm not asking to be derisive, I honestly don't know and am curious.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My God, what a HEINOUS attack!

Brianna Wu is a developer, right?  What has she made?  I'm not asking to be derisive, I honestly don't know and am curious.

Funny you should ask. After being appalled and disappointed to see Zoe's "game," I was just looking Wu's game up.

This is it. Better than I'd expect, I'll admit, but just click through different parts of the video. The gameplay either looks incredibly dull and boring or frustratingly slow at times. The majority of it is Quicktime Event: the Game:

And before you go looking, don't bother with Metacritic. It's exclusively bias reviews both for and against the game: 10's and 0's. What led me to this trailer was a guy who rated a 0 calling out the bias in reviews and saying people should watch this and judge for themselves.

Overall, this is a mobile game for the iOS made on a budget of $12,000. This at least qualifies as a game (whereas Zoe's is debateably a book), but again this is definitely what you'd call a small fish game and hardly a focal point of the industry. I also fail to see any issues with the all female cast, both positive and negative. I honestly fail to notice it at times and don't have any problem with it, while I also fail to see how the game is supposedly better or more artistic for employing an all female cast. That's of course because gender doesn't matter, I just mean I fail to see why THIS is soooo important for the feminists within this issue. I could not give less ****s about the gender ratio of the characters, I care about how dull the quicktime events look.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

What's with the barbie doll figures and pandering to male gaze? I thought this game was designed by women, for women?

All the "fun" in that game looks like code for empowering the player to kill things.  :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What's with the barbie doll figures and pandering to male gaze? I thought this game was designed by women, for women?

Can't you tell the difference?

bayonetta2missme.png

Clearly an overly sexualized protagonist and clearly designed by a male. Short black hair, nerdy style glasses? These are staples of the stereotypical image of a sexy vixen. Her boobs are also bigger than mine and therefore this is misogynist. God I wish men knew how to realistically depict women, stupid inferior men...

Rev-60-1.png

Perfect. Not a hint of sexualization at all! See what great things you can accomplish when you allow women to make games? And my god, look at those amazing graphics! These must be the best graphic designers in the industry, and what a surprise they're all women!