Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

So this is playable within hours. How many of you are shivering with antici-

pation?

Korea in 10. Where are you getting hours? What time zone? What country? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS, SECRET-KEEPER!

The FORBIDDEN-ZONE! ROBO-SCORPION.....ATTACK!

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh yeah, pumped. And I just figured out a workaround for the new, unwanted feedback in my headphones when simul-jacked into the PS4 and a receiver. Everything is fine when the console is off, it supplies power to USB ports, and multi-channel sound from the receiver is pristine, but turn the Playstation on, and now, for some reason *cough* System Update 2.0 *cough* and the headphone power input picks up audible noise. Turns out you can jack right into the PS4 controller's 3.5mm port, no USB required. Not sure how many channels are coming across wirelessly, but it sounds as good as before. Plus, the headphones have a boom mic, now I can talk to it using voice commands. Playstation! Make me Jesus toast!     

All Stop. On Screen.

Yes, I'm going to be playing it from South Korea at 8 AM Denver time  :shifty:

Got to love VPNs.

Only thing is I'm a bit worried about Twitch banhammering me for streaming DA3 before it's actually unlockable in the US of A.

does that break game's EULA? if not, you are fine IMO

Got to love VPNs.

Only thing is I'm a bit worried about Twitch banhammering me for streaming DA3 before it's actually unlockable in the US of A.

EA doesn't care.

Twitch might.

Got to love VPNs.

EA doesn't care.

Twitch might.

Really? I guess look at their terms of service and say if it mentions anything about VPNs or early release streaming. I know Steam 'can' ban your account for using VPN but they are the only ones I've heard of.

I can't imagine Twitch doing anything unless EA were to complain, given EA doesn't care about people using VPNs, I doubt they would make a complaint. Besides you could always use the VPN early to play the game first, then stream when it's offically released.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Even i as a Muslim woman who is not a militant know that militant Islam women do fight....

See what i am saying?

no. don't care though. heck, dragon age has fighting qunari women in their games, so am not certain what the actually point is, but the only thing we find disturbing about gaider comments is that bioware/ea felt the need to censor such comments that were neither profane nor vulgar.  instead o' being able to discuss openly, censoring is the more reasonable expedient. 

all too often, censoring is a greater condemnation o' the class or group being "protected" by the censorship than it is a criticism o' the speaker o' the offending language.  

HA! Good Fun!

Are there Muslims in your country who ar not originally from your country? Soon they will take over your country and force you to accept their Shariah Law, they will also run amok because of their holy book. And the priests conspire to block the spread of Islam, reacted, such as Burn Koran Day, for example...

That's what in David Gaider mind when creating the race of Qunari in Kirkwal, Muslims who come to white men country, immigrants, living under democracy, protected, and later want to change it and force everyone to accept it...and Christians feel threatened by Muslims

When David Gaider say Qunari are "militat islamic borg", we can see clearly what actually the plot he created about the Qunari in Kirkwal...unless you want to deny such thing happen in white men block of the world. I know about "Islamophobia" in white men country, i know most Muslims are immigrants in white men country, i know what happen...

You think "it just a game", no...since DA2 it not just a game anymore, it's a medium of propaganda

Edited by Qistina

@Bryy, will you play as a mage?

At least one of my four runs, yes.

Tomorrow? I'm going to be rolling a Qunari. It depends on what import the chat chooses for me as to my class. I have very specific stories rolling in my head about what I want to do. If Pro-Anders is chosen, then I'll be a mage because it follows the thread of DA2.

Edited by Bryy

Even i as a Muslim woman who is not a militant know that militant Islam women do fight....

See what i am saying?

no. don't care though. heck, dragon age has fighting qunari women in their games, so am not certain what the actually point is, but the only thing we find disturbing about gaider comments is that bioware/ea felt the need to censor such comments that were neither profane nor vulgar.  instead o' being able to discuss openly, censoring is the more reasonable expedient. 

all too often, censoring is a greater condemnation o' the class or group being "protected" by the censorship than it is a criticism o' the speaker o' the offending language.  

HA! Good Fun!

Are there Muslims in your country who ar not originally from your country? Soon they will take over your country and force you to accept their Shariah Law, they will also run amok because of their holy book. And the priests conspire to block the spread of Islam, reacted, such as Burn Koran Day, for example...

That's what in David Gaider mind when creating the race of Qunari in Kirkwal, Muslims who come to white men country, immigrants, living under democracy, protected, and later want to change it and force everyone to accept it...and Christians feel threatened by Muslims

When David Gaider say Qunari are "militat islamic borg", we can see clearly what actually the plot he created about the Qunari in Kirkwal...unless you want to deny such thing happen in white men block of the world. I know about "Islamophobia" in white men country, i know most Muslims are immigrants in white men country, i know what happen...

You think "it just a game", no...since DA2 it not just a game anymore, it's a medium of propaganda

In my understanding David's inspiration for Qunari comes from mix of Jewish and Chinese ideologies.

And Qunari are treated with suspicion and even hostility because they are strangers, their belief are only used to fuel those feelings in people by some individuals that want to use that distrust among people to further their cause (mirroring how things happen in our world). 

Qunari's decision to take over Kirkwall was based on that they saw that Kirkwall is rotten to its core and only way to clean it was to them to take over its ruling. And on this they work more like western colonialist than Muslims or any other group (Russians [and people from old soviet countries], Romani people, Jewish people, Somali people [both Christians and Muslims] and in some extent all dark/er skinned Africans and Middle Eastern people) that currently are demonized in "western countries" ("" because people that come from western countries also get demonized in other western countries, even if they share religion, skin color and that so called European culture heritage).  

I would say that DAII's picture of things is not neutral, but propagandist elements that people see in it come mostly from people own world view than DAII's writers, but of course my perspective towards it is also colored by my world view and experiences, so it is not any better or correct than anybody else's view or feelings. 

@Bryy, will you play as a mage?

At least one of my four runs, yes.

Tomorrow? I'm going to be rolling a Qunari. It depends on what import the chat chooses for me as to my class. I have very specific stories rolling in my head about what I want to do. If Pro-Anders is chosen, then I'll be a mage because it follows the thread of DA2.

Say no to melee scrubs and roll a ranged master class! 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

In my understanding David's inspiration for Qunari comes from mix of Jewish and Chinese ideologies.

And Qunari are treated with suspicion and even hostility because they are strangers, their belief are only used to fuel those feelings in people by some individuals that want to use that distrust among people to further their cause (mirroring how things happen in our world). 

Qunari's decision to take over Kirkwall was based on that they saw that Kirkwall is rotten to its core and only way to clean it was to them to take over its ruling. And on this they work more like western colonialist than Muslims or any other group (Russians [and people from old soviet countries], Romani people, Jewish people, Somali people [both Christians and Muslims] and in some extent all dark/er skinned Africans and Middle Eastern people) that currently are demonized in "western countries" ("" because people that come from western countries also get demonized in other western countries, even if they share religion, skin color and that so called European culture heritage).  

I would say that DAII's picture of things is not neutral, but propagandist elements that people see in it come mostly from people own world view than DAII's writers, but of course my perspective towards it is also colored by my world view and experiences, so it is not any better or correct than anybody else's view or feelings. 

From what it appear to be yes, Qurani is a mix of everything, but that is not important, David Gaider said in his actual word in the forum that Qunari is a mix of "militant Islam" and a "borg". As you know what those "militant Islam" want in Europe and America? They say democracy is evil and ungodly, they want to overthrow the system, and these who say such things are immigrant Muslims who live in Europe and America. Just google and can see it all. I don't deny that those Muslims are wrong, yes they are wrong and they shouldn't mess up with other people politic and way of life, they do not belong there and should shut up and not making trouble.

But this is what David Gaider put into DA2. Qunari is a race who got stranded in Kirkwal, a foreign country, Kirkwaler even give a space for them to live for 3 years, and what these Qunari do? Play the game and see what they do. And those Tal Vasoth are of them. The problem in Kirkwal is because of these imigrants, including Hawke, these immigrants who messed things up. That is another message of DA2. Immigrants who interfere Kirkwal economy, politic, religion and everything.

Then don't play it and don't give them your money.

Personally I don't think they are as deep thinkers as you make them out to be. The way Gaider blatantly pushes for homosexual romances because he himself is one pretty much tells me the extent of their political sophistication. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Then don't play it and don't give them your money.

Personally I don't think they are as deep thinkers as you make them out to be. The way Gaider blatantly pushes for homosexual romances because he himself is one pretty much tells me the extent of their political sophistication. 

he's a gay?

Yep.

What you think is propaganda is probably just lifting inspiration from real world events.

A lot of things in Frank Herbert's Dune mirror the cold war, oil, islam but that doesn't make the book about any of those things per se.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What you think is propaganda is probably just lifting inspiration from real world events.

A lot of things in Frank Herbert's Dune mirror the cold war, oil, islam but that doesn't make the book about any of those things per se.

Inspiration is a different thing, but the message is what make it become a propaganda, and that game released when things hyped up. USA just want to execute immigation act, am i correct?

it is a clear message from DA2, Kirkwal is filled with immigrants of all kind...problems comes from these immigrants...from economic level up to political and religion. Hawke him/her self a Ferelden refugee and yet become a noble of a foreign city state. Even Hawke lineage is from kirkwal, Hawke is a Ferelden. Aveline become the city guard captain, she's not Kirkwaller, just imagine an immigrant who hold the city security, Anders also an immigrant, he who blow up the church...

And the rest...Fenris a Tevinter, he bring war to Kirkwal, because of him Tevinter magisters come into Krikwal....Isabella also an immigrant, because of her Qunari got into Kirkwal...

All problems come from foreigners and immigrants...that is the issue and the message...a propaganda

Edited by Qistina

All the problems come because the city rests on a virtual hellmouth. Bertrand isn't an immigrant. Merideth isn't an immigrant. Sister Petrice wasn't.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I tried to read the thread, but i can only find Qistina raging and people raging back, so i have to ask directly instead: What's the score of this baby? better than DA2? better encounter design(no enemies jumping out of thin air), an ending more than having to kill every one in a different order? Does it need a special edition ending? So many questions...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I tried to read the thread, but i can only find Qistina raging and people raging back, so i have to ask directly instead: What's the score of this baby? better than DA2? better encounter design(no enemies jumping out of thin air), an ending more than having to kill every one in a different order? Does it need a special edition ending? So many questions...

Consensus is better than DA2, but you'll be forgiven for still being wary.

There's not much known about the ending and I hear it's, at best, okay. 

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

All the problems come because the city rests on a virtual hellmouth. Bertrand isn't an immigrant. Merideth isn't an immigrant. Sister Petrice wasn't.

Bartrand only get the idol because of funded by Hawke the immigrant, then Meredith going nut because of buying that idol from Bartrand. Sister Petrice only reacted to Qunari the immigrant of different religion presence in the city

Without these immigrants, Kirkwal is as normal as it can be...

To add, Meredith also getting jealous of Hawke actually, in my opinion that is actually what drive her mad, Hawke is her political rival

Edited by Qistina