Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

So wait, Chloe was the one on IndiGoGo that committed fraud, the journalist that wanted to break the story was fired and bullied by the people at JournoPro-list and now she tried to commit suicide, all while people are using the phrase "Weaponize charity".

If this was a script for a Hollywood-movie, i would throw it out of the window.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here's the thing.  Let's just, for the sake of argument, make the absolutely absurd leap of logic and assume that the donations GamerGaters are making to charity are fueled by malice (I can't believe I just typed that out).  The end result is STILL positive. If freakin' Hitler had donated to a help Jews abroad fund just to rub it in the face of the soon to be holocaust victims, the money still went to the charity and still did some good somewhere.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's the thing.  Let's just, for the sake of argument, make the absolutely absurd leap of logic and assume that the donations GamerGaters are making to charity are fueled by malice (I can't believe I just typed that out).  The end result is STILL positive. If freakin' Hitler had donated to a help Jews abroad fund just to rub it in the face of the soon to be holocaust victims, the money still went to the charity and still did some good somewhere.

Funny thing about that. The Nazis did such things. One of them is generally referred to as 'The Transfer Agreement'.

Here's the thing.  Let's just, for the sake of argument, make the absolutely absurd leap of logic and assume that the donations GamerGaters are making to charity are fueled by malice (I can't believe I just typed that out).  The end result is STILL positive.

The faults are two-fold.

1) Put yourselves in the shoes of the donators. I believe that yes, it is initially fueled by malice. But I think by the time you actually step up to the plate to make the donation, the malice is gone. Suddenly you're more focused on the good thing you're doing.

2) Why these people prioritize how their egos feel bruised by a spiteful donation over the fact that some good was done is...yeah, I can't imagine it. I'm trying to imagine myself in their shoes, and my focus would go to the good that was done.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

@Longknife, the mental gymnastics these people go through are impressive in their own right.

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing.  This has to be a joke.  Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right?  Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Actually, they already made this claim when GG funded TFYC woman game jam campaign.

EDIT: I didn't get around to listening to TB before, but I totally agree with him. If you find a charity effort to be a personal attack on you, you are the worst kind of person. You are a bigger problem than any misogynist.

Edited by TrueNeutral

@Longknife, the mental gymnastics these people go through are impressive in their own right.

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing.  This has to be a joke.  Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right?  Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Actually, they already made this claim when GG funded TFYC woman game jam campaign.

"HOW DARE YOU GIVE MONEY TO FEMINISTS TO SPITE FEMINISTS, YOU MISOGYNISTS!!!!"

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Interview with the both sides: http://mangotron.com/pro-vs-anti-gamergate-two-interviews/

I wish I could hug their comment section.

I'm skeptical that this article was really fair. The anti-GG guy was a real douche. Maybe Anita or some one without an axe to grind would have been a better representative.

Then again, maybe Rex was the best anti-GG person mangotron could find since the the anti-GG people seem to refuse to talk with pro-GG people.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

http://theralphretort.com/let-syrians-suffer-says-anti-gamergate-boston-globe-journo/

This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

I would like to know how it is possible that so many children got involved with this industry.

http://theralphretort.com/let-syrians-suffer-says-anti-gamergate-boston-globe-journo/

I would like to know how it is possible that so many children got involved with this industry.

Simple lack of self regulation.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yeah, see, this is the kind of person that represents anti-#GamerGate, I think I'd rather be represented by misogynists.

But what if they are indeed photoshopped?

Other than the one where he literally says "let them suffer", all of them are verifiable. I literally just looked them up on his Twitter.

REALLY?

Yeah, see, this is the kind of person that represents anti-#GamerGate, I think I'd rather be represented by misogynists.

I just wanna clarify real quick...

I've done a lot of posting lately that could be interpreted as "mudslinging" in that I focus on how terrible these people are. That's because to me, it's absolutely fascinating to watch. I get that neither school nor university test you on your maturity or moral compass, but still. It's one thing to see a bad apple, it's another to see a bad apple tree.

But for those of you interested in productive work, the kinda stuff I'm linking isn't really stuff to focus on. It's not objective to say "this person is bad and represents the movement." There IS a truth to that in that a person can reflect the attitude of a culture, but objective debate will not draw such conclusions, so focusing on these wierdos is meaningless. Instead what objective debate would be focused on is the stories of corruption as priority.

Just figured I'd clarify that.  I've been making the posts I do because I'm sadly NOT one of the people doing heavy work to enlighten everyone about the corruption of the media, my personal gameplan is simply "don't visit any games journalism website period unless they've proven they're not involved with this" while writing advertisers about things I don't like, and beyond that I'm cynical in the sense I don't expect much to change. I expect these websites to die out - absolutely - but it'll be a slow burn. This'll take months (if not 1-2 years), not days. Still, I feel I'm doing my part and honestly? Maybe it's laziness talking, but I don't feel there's much more to discuss. The ball is in their court: convince us why we should continue being your consumers and continue using your service...or we won't. It's that simple. I'm not gonna waste time convincing myself to be one or convincing myself to REALLY hate them or something.

But yeah, for me these stories are fascinating because I just can't believe the sheer scope of this. There's another little thread on that KotakuInAction reddit saying we can expect a round of coordinated articles saying "GamerGate is over," much akin to the "Gamers are dead" tone. It's like how on EARTH are this many "professionals" involved in such an obviously horrendous plan? Makes me lose faith in humanity. :p

But for those of you still thinking there's progress and productive debate to be had, kindly skip over such posts, cause I don't think dwelling on how awful certain people are will accomplish that. At this point my posts are more about "isn't it amazing how awful people are and how do you think it manages to come to this," or in a more "productive" sense, they're "hey everyone here's proof this group of journalists is corrupt too."

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

Yeah I didn't literally mean they were represented by those people, it was a jab at the morons who think trolls represent #GamerGate.

Yup, totally understandable. I just wanted to say that cause I think it's easy to get lost in the "high school gossip" aspects of all this.

As for me though...? Like I said, I'm personally just fascinated by how many people with high up or "respectable" positions have the maturity of a 4-year-old.

I feel like i'm in backwards world, Game Review sites are slamming games left and right and lowering scores for ideological reasons while Christian Game Review sites give them fair scores. They do have a morality score which is an excellent way to separate bias.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I feel like i'm in backwards world, Game Review sites are slamming games left and right and lowering scores for ideological reasons while Christian Game Review sites give them fair scores. They do have a morality score which is an excellent way to separate bias.

The inversions from Marvel's Axis event are spreading to gaming sites.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There are Christian Game Review sites?  Please tell me there are also Buddhist Game Review Sites.  I want to get my game reviews from a bodhisattva.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There are Christian Game Review sites? Please tell me there are also Buddhist Game Review Sites. I want to get my game reviews from a bodhisattva.

Are there any scientologist game review sites? I want to make sure my Thetans are good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I really liked this blog post by a developer:

http://anonymousdeveloper.tumblr.com/post/100181061253/a-lot-of-you-people-against-gamergate-talk-about

This is what I'm starting to think the whole SJW movement is about. It's not about inclusiveness or equality. It's about one voice and hundreds echoing it. Bayonetta is a good example of this. It doesn't matter that Bayonettas model developer is a woman. Bayonetta is still horribly sexist, because it wasn't made by one from the SJW clique. If it had been made by SJW, I'm sure it would have been applauded as wonderful story of female sexual empowerment or something. Just look at Revolution 60. This horrible double standard is the antithesis of equality.

In other words I agree with Daniel Vavra. 

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

There are Christian Game Review sites? Please tell me there are also Buddhist Game Review Sites. I want to get my game reviews from a bodhisattva.

Are there any scientologist game review sites? I want to make sure my Thetans are good.

And are there any Silinistic reviews? I want to be sure the Great Penguin approves.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

There are Christian Game Review sites?  Please tell me there are also Buddhist Game Review Sites.  I want to get my game reviews from a bodhisattva.

There was a comparison on the reddit between polygon and some christian website.

The jist of it is that Polygon gave Bayonetta like a 7 or 8 while citing only the morality as a weakpoint for the whole review while the Christian website gave it 9's and 10's across the board for things like gameplay, sound, graphics, etc etc etc, and then they had a seperate category called the morality scale, where the game received 0's, 1's and 2's for it's depiction of blood, violence, sexual themes etc. Overall the game got like a 9 from a gameplay perspective while receiving a 1 on it's moral themes from a conservative christian perspective.

I really liked this blog post by a developer:

http://anonymousdeveloper.tumblr.com/post/100181061253/a-lot-of-you-people-against-gamergate-talk-about

This is what I'm starting to think the whole SJW movement is about. It's not about inclusiveness or equality. It's about one voice and hundreds echoing it. Bayonetta is a good example of this. It doesn't matter that Bayonettas model developer is a woman. Bayonetta is still horribly sexist, because it wasn't made by one from the SJW clique. If it had been made by SJW, I'm sure it would have been applauded as wonderful story of female sexual empowerment or something. Just look at Revolution 60. This horrible double standard is the antithesis of equality.

In other words I agree with Daniel Vavra. 

See, another case of this draconian attitude destroying artistic freedom AND inclusiveness. I've made the point before that with these people around, some game devs just don't think it's worth the risk to include inclusivity options - if somebody doesn't like a male character, it's just badly written. If somebody doesn't like an inclusivity option, you get to deal with all kinds of baseless sexism, racism and homophobia charges. If you don't have inclusivity options, all you'll get is the occassional "man what a sausage fest" jab, but by god if Lara Croft has a male mentor figure you'll get slammed for it. This game could have been terrible or it could have been gaming's Schindler's List, but we'll never know because self-righteous gatekeepers kept them from even trying. Gaming will never be inclusive with Gawker and Silverstring around.

• Like 2