Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

This rustles my jimmies.

GamerGate dude got doxxed by a 16 year old girl. Tracks her down and calls her house, this is what happens: http://hokuto-ju-no-ken.tumblr.com/post/99774092444/well-that-was-a-surprisingly-real-phonecall

Kind of a nice story.

Shame I also though the story was quite sweet, when she said " she was just trying to be a good feminist "

Doxxing is obviously wrong and this young lady has got to the point where her idea of fighting the good feminist fight is so misplaced that she feels doxxing is the appropriate response

That's the reality for certain  people on both sides of this debate, good intentions but terrible approach and response

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's the reality for certain  people on both sides of this debate, good intentions but terrible approach and response

If you're doxxing; you're intentions are not good.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

If you're doxxing; you're intentions are not good.

But did you read the article, its obvious she didn't understand what she was  really doing. She felt that that guy from GG hated her. There  is loads of propaganda going on and that leads people to make misplaced decisions. I think this is a "feel good story " about this whole GG debacle because it has a positive outcome?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"So you didn't do anything stupid when you where in your teens? If so, what a waste."

Irrelevant. Adultsm also do stupid thing.

"Shame I also though the story was quite sweet, when she said " she was just trying to be a good feminist ""

L0L "It's okay because she's on my side."

Bottom line what she was scumbaging and it shows how evil feminism is when they twist a young soul into doing scummy things - espciially when that 'feminism' hate, despise, and have no respect for her.

If she dropped the bigoted sexist feminists and become an equalist she would have never done such a nazi thing. Why are feminist and masculinists such nazis, anyways?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"So you didn't do anything stupid when you where in your teens? If so, what a waste."

Irrelevant. Adultsm also do stupid thing.

"Shame I also though the story was quite sweet, when she said " she was just trying to be a good feminist ""

L0L "It's okay because she's on my side."

Bottom line what she was scumbaging and it shows how evil feminism is when they twist a young soul into doing scummy things - espciially when that 'feminism' hate, despise, and have no respect for her.

If she dropped the bigoted sexist feminists and become an equalist she would have never done such a nazi thing. Why are feminist and masculinists such nazis, anyways?

No Volo, as I clearly mentioned Doxxing is never right irrespective of the side you are on

Bu you also can't ignore the fact that this young lady is one of the many "causalities " of this interminable debate. She is very misinformed because of all the propaganda, we have the ability to discern what is an acceptable way to conduct ourselves. Not everyone can do that, the result of this whole event was now she understands what is acceptable and what is not

We should be happy about that, its one less extremist view and therefore one less  possible extremist action we have to worry about and that benefits both sides

John Milton 

I couldn't finish the Rex interview. In fact, I couldn't get past the second question. It was just too abrasive and confrontational could picture him frothing at the mouth when he answered these questions. On the other hand. Liz was warm, welcoming, funny, on topic and just all round nice.

And I quote:

"8) Are there any misconceptions GamerGate has about Anti-GamerGate?

I could list things I’ve been called which just don’t even make logical sense, like being told I’m “anti-ethics” and “pro-bullying” as though those are positions that any human actually identifies with, but I suspect the people levying such insults are doing so insincerely at any rate to “win” what passes for argument on twitter and internet forums."

Yes exactly Rex, so why the hell is the majority of GamerGate coverage nothing but the press accusing gamers of being anti ethics and pro bullying?

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Comes back to what Decado said in his wall of text on the Codex. Sincerity. Liz comes across as sincere and someone you'd like to have a chat with. Rex comes across as angry, ranting about everything and someone to avoid and you know he wouldn't be listening to what you'd be saying unless it's to agree with him.

Btw this may be random, but I think I recall someone somewhere saying these little feminist cliques hang out on tumblr a lot....?

I don't really know of or visit tumblr, but then I remembered my only window into what it's like and suddenly it all made sense:

• Like 5

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

That Rex is guy is an idiot. I'm going to guess that the one who set the interviews up is pro GG as Rex was a raving lunatic and the pro GG  was quite the opposite. In fact, the eprson who set it up is anti male. LMAO

Rex has a lot of anger and hatred in him. I don't think he should be playing games 'cause he is CRAZY.

LMAO @ his 'favorite' game. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey I've got an idea.

Why don't we just tell the gaming journalists that "feminism" and "misogyny" are our trigger words? Then if they keep pushing those stories, they're insensitive jerks who need to check their privilege. Then we'll be forced to move on to discuss journalism ethics.

• Like 1

So apparently some Chloe Segal person is being driven to suicide by GG. I think

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now I saw the lead up to that and I got to say, what an attention whore!

Seriously; she goes posts on the hashtag baiting everyone to harass her; which it mostly doesn't work and then proceeds to make your usual garden variety harassment comments toward GG. Then out of nowhere she starts saying that she is getting harassed and that she's going to kill herself. Seems like she has some mental issues, luckily there where some people that saw the comment and contacted her friends and apparently they were on top of the situation. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

@Longknife, the mental gymnastics these people go through are impressive in their own right.

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing.  This has to be a joke.  Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right?  Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ah yeah, she was the one with the Indiegogo scam a ways back too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seriously; she goes posts on the hashtag baiting everyone to harass her; which it mostly doesn't work and then proceeds to make your usual garden variety harassment comments toward GG. Then out of nowhere she starts saying that she is getting harassed and that she's going to kill herself. Seems like she has some mental issues, luckily there where some people that saw the comment and contacted her friends and apparently they were on top of the situation. 

This was the person that pulled that scam a while back that got that writer fired when he exposed it, right?  Yeah, let's just say I'm skeptical of this person's claims.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Longknife, the mental gymnastics these people go through are impressive in their own right.

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing.  This has to be a joke.  Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right?  Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Did you miss that?

He's not, they said it a couple days ago. I didn't think to link it cause....well on one hand I understand what they're trying to say, on the other though TotalBiscuit has a point in that I think any NORMAL human being who felt spited by charity donations would not actually be upset or feel harassed, and be able to say "at least some good came of this" instead of lambasting the other side for....well, donating (or "weaponizing" as they call it) to a charity.

I mean if I were to make a statement like "donating money to starving kids in Africa is a lost cause and a waste of time and money" and it drove one of you to try and prove me wrong by donating millions to the cause, then you'd think the focal point would be that'd you'd be glad to be proven wrong rather than "omg how dare he bruise my ego."

EDIT: Found the source, I think. There might be more: http://i.imgur.com/71crK11.png

Edited by Longknife

This also isn't the first time she's attempted suicide....or the first time she publicized the suicide attempt.

Google search results suggest she did this once before, live on Twitch.tv with an attempted pill overdose.

Seems like a disturbed individual who just needs help and isn't worth bringing into any debate or discussion.

Though I did find this sad:

It wasn't revealed. It was just speculated and some people backed up their assumptions with more assumptions and terribly piecing stuff together.

Regardless of what the money was for, sex change or surgery to remove the metal, she needed the money for medical reasons, she needed help. She didn't need the Internet bombarding her and calling her a scammer and insulting her for something that may or may not have been true.

Sad, Rest In Peace Chloe, it's a shame you didn't get the help you need and it's a shame you had to take your on life. If only people were more understanding and were more willing to lend a helping hand :/

It doesn't mean much in hindsight, but I'm going to give Homesick a try, I bet it's a great game.

It's from a discussion regarding her last suicide attempt. Only reason I'm not linking the source is I realized after clicking that it's neogaf. (if you'd like to see it yourself, just Google Chloe Segal and it's on the front page)

But I find the bolded and underlined to be sad, cause it highlights how people buy into this stuff and how such actions are encouraged.

Edited by Longknife

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing. This has to be a joke. Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right? Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Did you miss that?

He's not, they said it a couple days ago. I didn't think to link it cause....well on one hand I understand what they're trying to say, on the other though TotalBiscuit has a point in that I think any NORMAL human being who felt spited by charity donations would not actually be upset or feel harassed, and be able to say "at least some good came of this" instead of lambasting the other side for....well, donating (or "weaponizing" as they call it) to a charity.

I mean if I were to make a statement like "donating money to starving kids in Africa is a lost cause and a waste of time and money" and it drove one of you to try and prove me wrong by donating millions to the cause, then you'd think the focal point would be that'd you'd be glad to be proven wrong rather than "omg how dare he bruise my ego."

EDIT: Found the source, I think. There might be more: http://i.imgur.com/71crK11.png

So giving money to an anti-bullying charity is a badly concealed assault on women? That......just doesn't make sense.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Here is another good example: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/weaponised-charity

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing. This has to be a joke. Mr. Biscuit is just pulling our collective legs here, right? Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Did you miss that?

So giving money to an anti-bullying charity is a badly concealed assault on women? That......just doesn't make sense.

I think what he means is it's a donation with hate as it's donated purely to spite the opposition, NOT out of a genuine and immense natural interest in the cause itself. It's a "LOOK AT US, WE DON'T CONDONE BULLYING, WE'RE SUCH NICE PEOPLE AND NOT **** LIKE YOU. BTW EVERYONE DID YOU KNOW THEY'RE ****?"

I get where they're coming from, but like TotalBiscuit was explaining, you need a special kind of narcissism to actually be upset by someone "attacking" you with a charity donation. That simply highlights poor priorities in that you care more about someone bruising your ego than about the fact that a good cause just benefited from this. Yknow it's like if the President donates to feed starving kids in Africa and the response is why doesn't he donate here or some other political slander from the opposition. There though, that's their JOB to come up with excuses and reasons why the President sucks, whereas here....it's like wow dude wtf is with the size of your ego?

Edited by Longknife

I'm sorry, but if someone honestly feels spited by charity donations, they can **** right off. If I got someone angry and they decided to donate to hall starving children or something in response, outrage would certainly not be on my mind. The mindset and hubris of these people is completely alien to me.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh come on, this can't be a real thing.  This has to be a joke.  [...]  Even the SJWs couldn't possibly be delusional enough to make claims about weaponized charity, could they?

Delusional culture warriors see everything as a potential weapon, and they naturally project this twisted worldview onto their opponent's motivations as well.

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell