Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

I've got to admit my knees have been killing me lately.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Oh dear.
Oh wow.

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216873

Depression Quest has yet to donate any funds to IFred and the charity does not recognize Depression Quest as a partner. Attempts to reach the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, which the title claims to donate to from proceeds as well, have not been successful.

QLBcFYy.png

If this turns out to be true... well.

You can't take the moral high-ground and be a scam artist at the same time.

Edit: That said I'd wait for more info on this before getting too riled up.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Let's not kid ourselves. They're ****ing guilty.

Don't take that the wrong way; I mean pages back I was calling out how it felt like people were acting without definitive proof and needed to take a step back and re-evaluate the "evidence," and note we still don't have evidence.

Having said that though, I'm learning with age (and by no means am I old and wise) and experience to trust my intuition with people, cause apparently I've got DAMNED good intuition with people. Hasn't led me astray yet. And here? This sheer amount of rumors and accusations do not simply hit a group for no reason. If we were to say it's all character assassination and conspiracies launched against them? 1) Seriously these are ****ing game journalists, get over yourselves 2) If that were the case I bet we wouldn't see such highly suggestive "evidence" in various unrelated issues that have little to no connection with one another.

These people are losers. Opportunists clinging to an ideology that they've misinterpreted as a "I have a right to whine anytime I want and deserve anything I want" pass. They're spoiled children who've twisted an ideology and interpreted it in such a way that anything that disagrees with them must be morally flawed and corrupted because they are women and thus society is only ever trying to oppress them and not actually trying to actually convince them to grow the **** up.

The only reason I dare already say "guilty" is because it legitimately doesn't matter. These people are worthless to the gaming community regardless of being guilty or innocent of theft from charities or lying about creepy tweets, so in that regard the case is already closed because the moment this whole fiasco is over, their names will never be relevant to gaming again. That's exactly why Zoe and Anita and all the rest show such active interest in watching this all unfold even when they're targets: because they're opportunists and think any publicity is good publicity. (True)

In that sense there's no productive purpose in discussing any of this. Let's not kid ourselves: this is a closed case for the gaming community. If people are concerned about the San Francisco police department being slackers (I was actually born there and I never had a problem with the police there so I highly doubt that) or concerned and pissed off at someone for using a charity's name for personal profit, by all means spread the news. But as far as the gaming community itself goes as a stand-alone entity? Our interest in such stories is akin to people taking interest in Chris Chan: it's all nothing more than a fascination of watching a train wreck and then watching the wreckage burn.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

Depression Quest has yet to donate any funds to IFred and the charity does not recognize Depression Quest as a partner. Attempts to reach the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, which the title claims to donate to from proceeds as well, have not been successful.

This looks to me like more anti-feminist propaganda, are there other links that support this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

This looks to me like more anti-feminist propaganda, are there other links that support this?

Some journalist called her for a statement regarding it, she hung up on him, which isn't damning, she's been through a lot. But right after she removed references to iFred from the depression quest page.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm going to not assume guilt just yet here, it just seems unbelievably stupid of her to not just donate some absurdly small percentage to IFred and thus avoid potential legal issues.

I think Zoe needs to make a full statement around this, the reality is I hope this link is wrong because this will effect her credibility even more. But more important it will negatively effect the various causes she espouses as some people will  dismiss the cause or the movement when they should be judging the person.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm going to not assume guilt just yet here, it just seems unbelievably stupid of her to not just donate some absurdly small percentage to IFred and thus avoid potential legal issues.

I think Zoe needs to make a full statement around this, the reality is I hope this link is wrong because this will effect her credibility even more. But more important it will negatively effect the various causes she espouses as some people will  dismiss the cause or the movement when they should be judging the person.

I know how that feels. Very annoying.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

Some journalist called her for a statement regarding it, she hung up on him, which isn't damning, she's been through a lot. But right after she removed references to iFred from the depression quest page.

Why remove references? Why wouldn't she just donate some money? 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So what's the lowdown gentlemen, are we still subhumans in need of extermination or have we got a new label courtesy of the self appointed moral guardians of the "gaming press?"

Nonek what term do you prefer, subhuman or knuckle dragging cavemen ?  :p

• Like 1

John Milton 

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

Well we don't know if its true yet? Surly we need to see more evidence that support this claim?

John Milton 

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

Because that would require being honorable and principled.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Donating a dollar or two in order to technically not be committing fraud isn't really what I'd define as honorable or principled, it's what I'd define as having the least bit of a brain, which is why I don't fully believe this, it is an extraordinarily stupid mistake that could've been easily avoided for next to nothing.

Oh dear.

Oh wow.

Well we don't know if its true yet? Surly we need to see more evidence that support this claim?

vyijz9A.jpg

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

vyijz9A.jpg

I'm not sure what you expect this proves? The allegation is that Zoe Quinn has donated nothing to a charity that her game was suppose to. Where is the evidence that she hasn't? What if she donated money through a different named company, so in other words the donations did happen but not through the name "Depression Quest"

I know it sounds like I'm defending her but until we have all the facts you shouldn't be bringing out the tar and feathers quite yet :)

John Milton 

@Bruce: Milo Yaplapadingdong (he has a complex last name) found through someone else that there was that discrepancy on the websites. After calling both sites and making it clear that there wasn't any arrangement between them and Zoey for the money to go to charity, he tried calling her to get her side of the story. She hung up. There is also the fact that Anita might be lying about making a statement to the police since the PD from her area doesn't have a call on record. He is doing an FOIA to see if there are any records of the call.

Also, /v/ collectively orgasmed when after the events of today Milo did an appearance on the board. There were jokes and offers of fellatio all around, and cake...there was cake too.

@Shallow: Welcome to the forums please state your political affiliation, although you seem to be on the SJW side of things. Which is a good thing because Bruce is getting tired.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I agree with Bruce here. Not enough information can be gleaned from the website images. She could have, upon payment, split a percentage into another account with a different name and forwarded it from there.

Her taking down the promise of donating is very suspicious though. As is her silence on the matter. I have to wait and see if more comes out on the issue before forming an opinion.

I really wish she would go away as she isn't pertinent to the issue anymore, but was only catalyst for the whole debacle.

• Like 1

Donating a dollar or two in order to technically not be committing fraud isn't really what I'd define as honorable or principled, it's what I'd define as having the least bit of a brain, which is why I don't fully believe this, it is an extraordinarily stupid mistake that could've been easily avoided for next to nothing.
I think the fact that she did advertised she was giving the money to a specific charity when she had not arranged anything with the charity and trying to derail TFYC and the Five Guys Saga shows she doesn't have a bit of honor or a shred of principle.

Though I really don't care about her. I'm frankly more concerned about the lack of journalistic integreity or standards in video game journalism. Which affects me personally as a player of video games.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think the fact that she did advertised she was giving the money to a specific charity when she had not arranged anything with the charity and trying to derail TFYC and the Five Guys Saga shows she doesn't have a bit of honor or a shred of principle.

Though I really don't care about her. I'm frankly more concerned about the lack of journalistic integreity or standards in video game journalism. Which affects me personally as a player of video games.

Yeah, she isn't exactly my idea of an honorable, principled, person, but that doesn't mean she's stupid enough to risk being charged with fraud when she never defined the amount she'd give, nor claimed she had an actual arrangement (at least from what I understand, she never said she'd spoken with them, just that she'd give them money), and thus could appear clean in the eyes of the law whilst donating a dollar and pocketing everything else.

• Like 1

Yeah, she isn't exactly my idea of an honorable, principled, person, but that doesn't mean she's stupid enough to risk being charged with fraud when she never defined the amount she'd give, nor claimed she had an actual arrangement (at least from what I understand, she never said she'd spoken with them, just that she'd give them money), and thus could appear clean in the eyes of the law whilst donating a dollar and pocketing everything else.

I think it's fair to say that what is legal isn't always moral. As it is, attempting to derail TFYC was bad enough.

Keep in mind, it's still possible that she simply forgot about this and now she removed the text part in panic. It's bad, yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it was done on purpose right from the beginning.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Bruce that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Fortune favors the cautious.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.