Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

You're actually right, but the side you're describing is the other side than you think it is.

At the same time, nice show of tolerance there with he fat shaming. ;)

I'm afraid you're terribly mistaken, I show no tolerance at all. I do humbly apologise if my meaning has been misconstrued.

If it's any comfort, I have done some further research and I don't much care for the hysterical rage-screeches of the lumpen mockeries of femininity on the other side, either. Both sides of the argument seem to be dominated by utter laughable embarrassments of people. It is my unshakeable conviction that the worst offenders from either side get locked in an arena and forced to fight to the last person standing, who should then be shot.

If only one side's withered-up husks could be persuaded to mate with the desperate onanists of the other, perhaps the situation could be salvaged. Alas.

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Yes. Just listen to it if brevity is your problem, it's a few minutes and Hale's voice, as always, is a joy to listen to.

Props to Hale for coming out in defense of the greater game community. I am really saddened that she was nervous about what the small group would do to her, though.

I'll do that when I get off then.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'll do that when I get off then.

It's this sort of attitude that's given the gamer side a bad name. Consider her as a person with thoughts, feelings and opinions first, THEN use her as fantasy material.

#bettertogether

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

This seems to have largely passed me by, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's a controversy caused by a literal ton of fat, sweaty, socially inadequate man-flesh wobbling in rage over women requesting that they don't get treated as, what I shall euphemistically call, off-the-wrist material and whom should grow the hell up and stop acting like a bunch of virginal online autists.

:lol:

I have to say you have a way with words

" a literal ton of fat, sweaty, socially inadequate man-flesh wobbling in rage over women"  :lol:

Don't you have some grandstand against offensive language? I think you have mentioned multiple times how bad offensive language is.

But I guess it is only bad when it is against someone who you agree with.

Please don't make Volourn right and reveal yourself to be a bigot. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You're actually right, but the side you're describing is the other side than you think it is.

At the same time, nice show of tolerance there with he fat shaming. ;)

I'm afraid you're terribly mistaken, I show no tolerance at all. I do humbly apologise if my meaning has been misconstrued.

If it's any comfort, I have done some further research and I don't much care for the hysterical rage-screeches of the lumpen mockeries of femininity on the other side, either. Both sides of the argument seem to be dominated by utter laughable embarrassments of people. It is my unshakeable conviction that the worst offenders from either side get locked in an arena and forced to fight to the last person standing, who should then be shot.

If only one side's withered-up husks could be persuaded to mate with the desperate onanists of the other, perhaps the situation could be salvaged. Alas.

Well, my apologies for... uh. Actually, I did read you wrong but I guess if you're not tolerant I don't know what I can apologize for.  I'm sorry I misread you?

A clear video debunking the idea that #NotYourShield is an astroturfing endeavour originating from 4chan (though I'm not sure why the rap analogies): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfEnFHZ0JX0

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was going to call them sub-human male scum, but then my outrage got confused when I read they weren't human.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

In any case the spin and reactions to the zoe quinn story #whocaresthiswillbeoverinaweek are just nowhere near as juicy. Seems like everybody has their own 'this is really about'shtick and all these various attention hijackers are now playing musical chairs about what people will say this was really about in a month.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This seems to have largely passed me by, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's a controversy caused by a literal ton of fat, sweaty, socially inadequate man-flesh wobbling in rage over women requesting that they don't get treated as, what I shall euphemistically call, off-the-wrist material and whom should grow the hell up and stop acting like a bunch of virginal online autists.

:lol:

I have to say you have a way with words

" a literal ton of fat, sweaty, socially inadequate man-flesh wobbling in rage over women"  :lol:

Don't you have some grandstand against offensive language? I think you have mentioned multiple times how bad offensive language is.

But I guess it is only bad when it is against someone who you agree with.

Please don't make Volourn right and reveal yourself to be a bigot. 

Of course I do, I generally am opposed to offensive language. But I am also a flawed person and I find things funny that I know I shouldn't :biggrin:

Oh and don't worry, Volos opinion about me is  one the opinions on these forums that I care very little about ( sorry Volo, just being honest )

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am sure those are all oversexualized or just male characters in a female skin or something else.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1339_58fa.jpeg

Am I the only one who finds this cartoon offensive?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes you are.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 7

I find it offensive they left out Grace Nakimura. Also Dreamfall is the game, not the charactes, feh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find it offensive they left out Grace Nakimura. Also Dreamfall is the game, not the charactes, feh.

Strange, I always thought it was Nakamura, but it's no misspelling

Nakimura isn't an existing Japanese surname.

But yeah, probably too old.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Not a big fan of that cartoon myself as it does misrepresent women as all being hardline fems who would say something like that. I appreciate what it's trying to do but the punchline is pretty rude and unhelpful.

I much prefer this one as it is much closer to what I've seen a couple of hundred times in the last few days: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/823/986/b4c.jpg

Not posting the picture itself because of language rules.

Not a big fan of that cartoon myself as it does misrepresent women as all being hardline fems who would say something like that. I appreciate what it's trying to do but the punchline is pretty rude and unhelpful.

I much prefer this one as it is much closer to what I've seen a couple of hundred times in the last few days: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/823/986/b4c.jpg

Not posting the picture itself because of language rules.

That cartoon tries to diminish the act of rape, its in very bad taste and offensive.

John Milton 

Strange, I always thought it was Nakamura, but it's no misspelling

Nakimura isn't an existing Japanese surname.

But yeah, probably too old.

Yep, that was a point of contention for a GK LP'er I watched. Oversight at Sierra I guess and they just kept on with it. That LPer also bitched about Japanese people acting inaccurately in Dreamfall which is set in the future, so he has something up his back about Japan.

Fair enough for age. She's probably my favourite female character in a game.

On the note of the cartoon, and the punch line (which I am assuming is what you find offensive, Bruce). I will quote George Carlin, "You can joke about anything. It all depends on how you construct the joke. Where the exaggeration is." He goes on to use rape as a punch line saying "Imagine Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd."

This carton uses the final panel to exaggerate the way this conversation is happening between gamers and the media outlets at the moment. The lucid members of these site's community (not the demons that are pretty abhorrent) point out examples that don't align with the agenda of said media, and those media outlets say "you're a misogynist." These sites cry wolf at a sheep. Was rape the best example to use? I don't know. It kind of ties into ZQ's own statements on rape in a shaky way, but I would have definitely played the misogyny card first as it is more pertinent. That doesn't make the joke offensive, in and of itself, though.

I have avoided this topic like the plague, but I do think there are issues in the gaming community and in our media. I think there are some huge issues with our media, but there are useless people in the gaming community that are exacerbating this issue with death threats and other horrible antics. However, the medias inability to take actual lucid criticism without insulting its viewers via name calling/labeling, blocking, and censoring is more offensive than this cartoon to me.

That cartoon tries to diminish the act of rape, its in very bad taste and offensive.

I think it mocks the way certain feminists diminish those words themselves and their hyperbolic reactions to things. Misogynist practically doesn't mean anything anymore. And there have been plenty of attempts to redefine rape.

A convenient example given this mess would be how Zoe Quinn thinks cheating is rape. Or how some people will say if a woman drank alcohol regardless how much and regardless of the way she acts you would still be a rapist if she regrets it in the morning -- and naturally to all feminist beliefs the same does not work for men.

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 4

I think it mocks the way certain feminists diminish those words themselves and their hyperbolic reactions to things. Misogynist practically doesn't mean anything anymore. And there have been plenty of attempts to redefine rape.

THANK you.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?