Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

You act like there's supposed to be some sort of difference. Why shouldn't people be allowed to talk about what they want?

Forward your last sentence to some SJWs, you get the sense they think you either fall in line or get fell upon. Well, at least they will tweet snarky passive aggressive stuff at you, anyway (all they can do, really).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unbelievable. Apparently it's not social media any more, but social justice media.

You act like there's supposed to be some sort of difference. Why shouldn't people be allowed to talk about what they want?

Tell that to Twitter and Anita. I understand if you want to play on a privately owned social outlet you gotta play by their rules. It just seems in this case he was unfairly suspended.

Edited by licketysplit

Tell that to the 10-year old boy they doxxed, harassed and threatened to kill, Malc.

Devs coming out to support GamerGate, some anonymously because they fear harassment: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Stardock-CEO-League-Legends-Devs-Others-Support-GamerGate-67327.html

Yep, you can be an ****, just be an **** for Social Justice! These people must burn with envy watching activists, real ones, run the risk of death or torture in the Third World and other places.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

At this point I begin to wonder if they actually believe in anything they preach or if it's all just a convenient front to promote themselves and their careers, cause from an objective, third-person standpoint, Anita and Co. (Silverstring and all with ties to them that keep popping up) are undeniably harming the feminist cause and the feminist name. "Feminism" is beginning to become associated with "dishonesty" and "zealots" and other words that no one in their right mind would want to be associated with.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Christina Summers pretty much ended the debate. My hat's off to her!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A timeline of events for people joining the discussion.

http://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline/latest/embed/index.html?source=0AluMP_VX-eehdFV1X2JxQXNzZ3gzaE45VG85WDl3R0E

Also: day 1 of my ban, why the hell has moot abandoned us?! why did he had to go an turn into a SJW?!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What? has 4chan gone full retard?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't think this timeline is very good / detailed. For example, as far as I can see right now, it doesn't mention when exactly #GamerGate appeard and *why*. It seems to appear out of nowhere. Also the thing with The Fine Young Capitalists started much earlier, no? Generally I think this website needs a bit more work. Right now it assumes that the reader knows details already. Wouldn't 100% trust it in the moment.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What? has 4chan gone full retard?

Massive censorship of GamerGate on all boards and bans for posting or talking about it. Although people go out of their way to camouflage their discussion, like a Skyrim thread with gamergate content and links. Apparently Moot has gone to the same expo that Anita did (because he did a speech on it) so far is unknown if this is a rogue mod taking advantage of his absence or whether this whole thing is approved by Moot. But people are prone to hyperbole, so Moot has gone full SJW.

Anyways we moved to 8chan.  

I don't think this timeline is very good / detailed. For example, as far as I can see right now, it doesn't mention when exactly #GamerGate appeard and *why*. It seems to appear out of nowhere. Also the thing with The Fine Young Capitalists started much earlier, no? Generally I think this website needs a bit more work. Right now it assumes that the reader knows details already. Wouldn't 100% trust it in the moment.

The hyperlinks are to the sources and references. Yes the timeline isn't perfect and some are approximations as the creator couldn't find an exact date, I still believe that is a good summary and a counter point to what the SJW media is spouting.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

WHY DO THE SCREENCAPPED DOCUMENTS VIBRATE ON MY SCREEN WTF THOUGHT IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE TREMOR

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Kotaku announced that there was a bomb threat on Sarkeesian in March. Amusing timing.

• Like 1

Happened in March but no talks about that til now. No arrests? No investigation? No suspects? No proof? Nothing? Just word spam on a screen?

\

Also, if there was a bomb threat, the people who did it are scumbags.

If there wasn't a bomb threat, the ones making it up are scumbags.

if there was a bomb a threat but  no mentioned of it untuil now just to use it as some sort of 'weapon' they are scumbags.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Happened in March but no talks about that til now. No arrests? No investigation? No suspects? No proof? Nothing? Just word spam on a screen?

\

Also, if there was a bomb threat, the people who did it are scumbags.

If there wasn't a bomb threat, the ones making it up are scumbags.

if there was a bomb a threat but  no mentioned of it untuil now just to use it as some sort of 'weapon' they are scumbags.

Let's be clear here:

We're talking about San Francisco. I was born there, that's a pretty competent city. San Francisco is not a city synonymous with incompetence and corruption like some other cities. No, San Francisco is known for gay parades, lots of disabled people and being an absolutely fabulous town to live in (albeit very expensive) as well as visit. There's a reason the song about meeting gentle people there exists.

If a single individual repeatedly contacts the police over bomb threats, stalkings and threats of rape, you better believe there'd be a ****ing police report on it.

The girl's a liar. Simple as that.

Has anyone contacted the Police to verify if a bomb threat was reported?  Is that something the police would discuss with a simple inquiry?  I am unsure of police procedures in the case of a bomb threat.  I would have expected a HUGE news report if a bomb threat was indeed called in, but it is what it is. 

I have my doubts about the legitimacy, but I am not going to call someone liar if the facts aren't all in.  It is easy become desensitized to these claims given the frequency lately, I admit. 

I do agree with Volourn about people being scumbags under those circumstances. 

Has anyone contacted the Police to verify if a bomb threat was reported?  Is that something the police would discuss with a simple inquiry?  I am unsure of police procedures in the case of a bomb threat.  I would have expected a HUGE news report if a bomb threat was indeed called in, but it is what it is. 

A bomb threat would go beyond the interests of Anita and become a public interest. AKA not only would the threat be taken seriously with police watching it, but her neighbors and community would be alerted aswell. No one in their right mind would privately handle a volatile weapon like a bomb without alerting anyone within a radius potentially vulnerable to it.

The town I live in Germany got BOMBED TO SH** in WWII. They STILL find old bombs and everyone gets evacuated. An entire quarter of town gets sealed off, it goes all over the news and the police go door to door ringing doorbells and evacuating people. I highly doubt that Anita's neighbors wouldn't be warned, ESPECIALLY if she lives in a condensed area with lots of apartment buildings like San Francisco.

***EDIT: Went and looked up the article myself.  Allegedly the bomb threat was to the Game Developers Choice Awards if they featured her. I'm certain there was probably increased security there and the organization (and police) can both confirm it.

It's possible. Only strange thing about it is the timing, which is OBVIOUSLY a PR stunt.

Honestly if they lied about that, the police could confirm it as a lie and omfg they'd be in so much ****, so I'd be inclined to believe it's at least true.....or they're unbelievably stupid.

And if your reaction is "maybe Anita wrote the threat," I also find that farfetched because for how stupid it'd be of kotaku to write a lying article, it'd be 10x stupider for Anita to fake a bomb threat; if she got caught she'd be in deep ****.

To me, this would be the only thing worth validating:

But one of the people behind a planned anti-Sarkeesian documentary called the SFPD and recorded a representative there saying they had no record of this. In the days that followed, the SFPD corrected themselves and stated that Sarkeesian had indeed reported threats to them. Officer Esparza confirmed as much to me yesterday saying "our department was notified and forwarded [the threats] to the FBI," which he said is handling the harassment against Sarkeesian.

Refers to the guy who dug up that they had no record of her harassment claims.

Simply call them up again and ask them to comment on it. Ask for a timeframe etc.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

A bomb threat would go beyond the interests of Anita and become a public interest. AKA not only would the threat be taken seriously with police watching it, but her neighbors and community would be alerted aswell. No one in their right mind would privately handle a volatile weapon like a bomb without alerting anyone within a radius potentially vulnerable to it.

The town I live in Germany got BOMBED TO SH** in WWII. They STILL find old bombs and everyone gets evacuated. An entire quarter of town gets sealed off, it goes all over the news and the police go door to door ringing doorbells and evacuating people. I highly doubt that Anita's neighbors wouldn't be warned, ESPECIALLY if she lives in a condensed area with lots of apartment buildings like San Francisco.

Only bomb threat that I have read is against Game Developers Choice Awards, because they nominated Anita as receiver of Ambassador Award, according to Kotaku's editor Stephen Totilo, bomb threat is confirmed by GDCA organizers and SFPD, and that SFDP's Explosive Ordinance Disposal Division sent unit to check Moscone Center, where GDC was held and that GDC organizer hired additional security to conduct bag checks.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/bomb-threat-targeted-anita-sarkeesian-gaming-awards-last-march/ 

That's fair, Longknife.  I just hate jumping to conclusions on **** like this. 

That's why I always try to check into the stuff myself, cause it's very true that there ARE hysterics on both sides. Assuming the bomb threat is legit (I highly doubt it isn't) at least helps put things in perspective as to why they act this way as they have at least one legitimate situation to think "wow wtf seriously??" and determine there's sexism in the industry. Therein lies the disagreement though as I'm sure for Anita & Co. it was "ok this is undeniably a sexist industry" whereas for most gamers it's "ya that's called **** on the internet. It's sadly normal and no it's not going away."

Personally for example I would argue much of her complaints would be more appropriate if she targeted the internet, not the gaming industry. The gaming industry has every right to be outraged with her over the things that've been discovered, as well as some very misleading videos she's made where misinformation was clearly purposefully presented. I see no reason to assume the dickbag with the bomb threat was some guy who really hates women and wanted her dead cause omg "women, in MY video games? NEVER!!"

No, it was probably some idiot dickbag who's used to the toxic internet culture who didn't like her videos due to the misinformation or whatever (her take on the song "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" is also pretty f***ing special) and decided to mess with her via the threat and didn't really think it through.

Kindly redirect your complaints to the internet, Anita. No one will disagree it's a toxic community. However, you also won't find a soul who would argue anything can be done about it because the internet is ridiculously huge, and the moment you start changing the internet culture is the moment you start censoring it, which is a whole 'nother unpopular can of worms. Understandably a lot of us prefer absolute freedom on the net if it means having to withstand "you suck ****" comments from anonymous people.

• Like 1

"it'd be 10x stupider for Anita to fake a bomb threat; if she got caught she'd be in deep ****."

This reply isn't about Anita specifically but people HAVE been stupid enoguh to call in bomb threats for dumb reasons.

There was a story not long ago about a groom calling in a bomb threat to stop his wedding...

People do stupid things.   See my last post thoguh for my opinion on the whole thing.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy