NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Holy ****, that Boys/G-Men game was tense.  It was closer than I wanted it to be, but I'll take that Boys win.  This officially eliminates the G-Men.  No way that 8-8 gets you a wild card spot this year and that's the best they can do.  Giants need to take care of Beckham and keep him healthy, he's their future.  As for the Cowboys, they need to go 2-3 or better in their remaining games.  I'm of the mind that 10-6 gets you in this year.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Odell Beckham is a legit monster.  I dread the day Eli figures out he should just throw it up for grabs to him almost every time.

Yeah, I'm looking back at all the mock drafts that had him falling to Saints...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Lions, ready to throw their season away again. Even if they had the greatness of Peyton Manning on the team, they would still lose. Speaking of which, at least my team in the AFC (Denver) is moving forward again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So, Ron Mexico is getting benched and Geno is getting the starting job back.  No surprise there as the Jets season is lost (has been for quite some time), Rex Ryan is a lame duck, and Ron Mexico is obviously not the future of the franchise.  Not that I think Geno is the future either, but you might as well have him play the rest of the season on the off chance that he shows you something.  The more surprising thing is RGIII getting benched and Colt McCoy getting the starting nod going forward in Washington.  Similarly to the Jets, the Skins season is done.  The perplexing part is Colt McCoy getting the starting job.  Granted, he's been somewhat decent (read: less horrible than the other QBs) in the very small sample size we've seen of him this year, but the Skins can't possibly think McCoy could be their QB for the future, can they?  Furthermore, I think this pretty much cements RGIII as being done, at least in Washington.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good gravy, the Cowboys got demolished last night.  It's a good thing I wasn't on the interwebs when that was happening because I may be regretting things I would have written in my semi-drunken, overly stuffed, highly angry state.  Between my dad and I, he's a Boys fan too, plenty of colorful language was used to describe the Boys performance.  That game got away from them so insanely quickly.  It was basically over after the first quarter.  Shady was gashing the defense and Mark Sanchez (Mark Sanchez!) had what was possibly the best half of his NFL career.

They need to get their **** together for Chicago next week.  If they can go 2-2 the rest of the way I still think they get in.  They have Chicago, Washington, Indy, and Philly.  They can hopefully beat Washington and Chicago, Indy and Philly will be tough.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

THE JOHNNY FOOTBALL ERA IS UPON US.  I REPEAT, THE JOHNNY FOOTBALL ERA IS UPON US. (yes, that needed to be all caps, I almost switched to a larger font too)

7drHiqrh.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

LOL Johnny football will be another bust like Tebow.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

There is a definite possibility of that.  It's going to be entertaining to watch either way.  I don't care about the Browns, I'm just in it for the entertainment value, and Johnny Football is going to bring that one way or another.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Damned New England is coming to town a week early for practice before Sunday. I hope 70° and 70% humidity totally messes with Brady and Belichick to the point of distraction. Otherwise, the damn Dolphins are going to steal the the wildcard. Damn Dolphins. 

All Stop. On Screen.

There is a definite possibility of that.  It's going to be entertaining to watch either way.  I don't care about the Browns, I'm just in it for the entertainment value, and Johnny Football is going to bring that one way or another.

Bite your tongue. Everyone cares about the Browns. They are the greatest team in the history of sports.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Manziel. I wouldn't have drafted him (his off the field antics are a contributing factor, but mostly I think he was overrated...his "signature" play was a pass he should never have thrown) so I'm not too upset if he doesn't work out, but it would be nice to finally have a decent quarterback in Cleveland. It's not like the Browns are going to make the Super Bowl (or likely the playoffs, given their injuries and Hoyer's terrible play the last couple weeks), so I kind of wish they'd play him just to see if he can actually play.

Jets lost again. That makes me happy. If only I could be this happy after every Jets game.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Jets lost again. That makes me happy. If only I could be this happy after every Jets game.

I don't really like either the Dolphins or the Jets, but the fact that they had a better jersey color and they were the underdog made me want them to win last night. So why should I hate them? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well, I hate them because they hired that filthy dog killing savage to be their back up QB. I hated the Eagles for the same reason. But that's just me.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I hate them because they hired that filthy dog killing savage to be their back up QB. I hated the Eagles for the same reason. But that's just me.

<<< not the failclowns? :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They need to get their **** together for Chicago next week.  If they can go 2-2 the rest of the way I still think they get in.  They have Chicago, Washington, Indy, and Philly.  They can hopefully beat Washington and Chicago, Indy and Philly will be tough.

I don't think 2-2 will do it.  Even if Dallas beats Philly in the rematch; and Philly also loses to Sea, Philly would still likely win the Division since they would end with the better division record (thanks to Dallas' loss to Washington).  While it's possible (albeit unlikely) for Dallas to win the Division, Philly wins almost all division tiebreakers.  So a 2-2 finish likely pushes Dallas to the wild card tiebreakers. 

Of course the Evil Mark Sanchez could show up and blow up Philly's season.  LOL  And that also assumes that both Philly and Dallas take care of Wash and NYG or Chicago.

In almost all of the likely Dallas 2-2 finishing scenarios, Dallas misses the playoffs on a conference record tiebreaker (they finish with no better than a 8-4 conference record and 7-5 is more likely) or head to head loss to one of the other possible playoff teams (SF and Arizona).      

There's still four weeks left and lots can happen.  :)

<<< not the failclowns? :(

No they cut him loose as soon as the truth came out. Of course shortly after that he was on his way to prison so there is no way to know if they'd have done that otherwise but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Thomas Sowell

I don't think 2-2 will do it.  Even if Dallas beats Philly in the rematch; and Philly also loses to Sea, Philly would still likely win the Division since they would end with the better division record (thanks to Dallas' loss to Washington).  While it's possible (albeit unlikely) for Dallas to win the Division, Philly wins almost all division tiebreakers.  So a 2-2 finish likely pushes Dallas to the wild card tiebreakers. 

Of course the Evil Mark Sanchez could show up and blow up Philly's season.  LOL  And that also assumes that both Philly and Dallas take care of Wash and NYG or Chicago.

In almost all of the likely Dallas 2-2 finishing scenarios, Dallas misses the playoffs on a conference record tiebreaker (they finish with no better than a 8-4 conference record and 7-5 is more likely) or head to head loss to one of the other possible playoff teams (SF and Arizona).      

There's still four weeks left and lots can happen.  :)

Exactly why I'm not trying to figure out every conceivable scenario yet, too much football left.  I'm strictly going by the fact that historically 10-6 gets you in a lot more often than it doesn't (I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm guessing it's in the 75-80% range).  There are of course exceptions, 11-5 teams have failed to get in before, but 10-6 usually is good enough to get in.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Woohoo!  The 8-8 curse has been broken.  I repeat, the Cowboys 8-8 curse has been broken!

In a related story, the Bears are not good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He won't win it, because he's not a QB, so he's not "important enough", but DeMarco Murray is a MVP candidate as far as I'm concerned.  Dude is beastin' this year.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸