NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Clearly a foul.  Sure, the DB made certain that the officials noticed, but it's obvious that Graham pushed, that #20 ended up on the ground, and that it meaningfully affected the play.  When you're trying to slow down from a sprint and adjust your feet to make a well-timed jump for the ball, it doesn't take much contact to knock you over. 

That said, I'd be happier had it not been called.  The 49ers are so much more entertaining when their coach's tough-guy act crumbles into one of his bouts of whining. 

Clearly a foul.  Sure, the DB made certain that the officials noticed, but it's obvious that Graham pushed, that #20 ended up on the ground, and that it meaningfully affected the play.  When you're trying to slow down from a sprint and adjust your feet to make a well-timed jump for the ball, it doesn't take much contact to knock you over. 

That said, I'd be happier had it not been called.  The 49ers are so much more entertaining when their coach's tough-guy act crumbles into one of his bouts of whining.

How about offsetting with the dive and replaying the down? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sanchez is doing okay but this game 9and last week) just proves that Eagles really need a top QB. they have great players, and a great coach but in the end I think their QBs might hold them back from winning it all. Or, wors yet, they'll win in spite of their QBs and the QB will get way too much credit.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was way behind on points with only the Eagles Defense left on my fantasy football team, and they put up a huge night!  Helped me get a win against Gfted.   :p

Hopefully Carolina scores about 30 points in garbage time just to **** over your FF team.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was way behind on points with only the Eagles Defense left on my fantasy football team, and they put up a huge night!  Helped me get a win against Gfted.   :p

I had a 33 point lead on you going into that game, and I was nervous, but a 76.5 output from your defence?!?! C'mon, that aint right. :lol:

I'd just like to point out that there are 2 teams tied for the NFC South lead right now...  They both have a 4-6 record.  4-6.  Yeah.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd just like to point out that there are 2 teams tied for the NFC South lead right now...  They both have a 4-6 record.  4-6.  Yeah.

Now try being the supporter of the one of those teams that is currently second. :p

Seriously, I can only describe the saints' performance yesterday as "flaccid". And now, in addition to only having one good corner and a couple of guys who're going to be playing in Finland or Germany next year, we've gone from overloaded with safeties to having a sophomore-slumping Vaccaro, a clueless Ball and a dude who's name I can't remember since he just joined the team last week after Byrd, Sunseri and now Bush have been taken our for the season. So, the team has no secondary. And just one running back.

Also, we're so much over the cap there's going to be a second round of cutting that's going to make last year's seem easy. I'm pretty sure that at least Colston and Watson are heading for FA (or probably retirement), Ingram is going to be either too expensive or too erratic to keep and one or both of the guards are going to be too expensive to keep... and the team hasn't drafted well in years >_<

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

^Not to pile on, but Brees being my starting fantasy QB is really harshing my season too. :p

That's ok, you could have RGIII: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000429797/article/did-rgiii-call-out-his-teammates-after-buccaneers-loss

Biggest. Draft. Bust. Ever.

(I have a direct link to this thread, I'm gonna risk coming here as I can't really talk football anywhere else right now) :D

Mike Smith with some of the worst clock management I've ever seen cost the Falcons the game today.  Keep in mind, I've seen many many Andy Reid coached games and that clock management ranks right up there with some of the most bizarre Andy Reid clock management I've ever seen.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Mike Smith with some of the worst clock management I've ever seen cost the Falcons the game today.  Keep in mind, I've seen many many Andy Reid coached games and that clock management ranks right up there with some of the most bizarre Andy Reid clock management I've ever seen.

Hey, that inexplicable timeout call helped my Browns win the game, so I'm not going to complain. :)

Hey, that inexplicable timeout call helped my Browns win the game, so I'm not going to complain. :)

Hoyer tried so hard to give that game away with 2 interceptions late (the second one was particularly cringeworthy), then Mike Smith, with that unbelievably awful timeout, made sure he had enough time to make up for said picks.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Beckham = awesome.

Giants still need to find a legit running back, though. And, better defense. And, better coaching (not counting head coach he got 2 championships).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.