NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

London isn't in Spain?

I think that's going to be their excuse when they don't show up on Sunday.

I unliked your post just so that I could like it a second time.

Oh, and Atlanta did show up. They just left early... Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The team docter should have wrestled Romo to the ground in the locker room. Weeden looked decent on his last drive.

Romo. You shouldn't give a damn what Scott calls. You have a ****ing O-line now. Audible out of that bull**** pass play and run it on that 2nd and 2. Ugh. They can still get it done though. 9-7. No 8-8... I still believe!

That was a nearly worst case scenario game for the Boys and they still should have won had they not nearly abandoned the run at the end.  They had a bunch of fumbles during the game and general miscues, lost a couple guys on defense (hopefully not for many games), Romo got hurt (thankfully that looks like just a bruise), and, with the exception of one bad pick, Colt McFreakinCoy was playing out of his mind on the other side of the ball.  They still should have won.  Brandon Weeden comes in fresh off riding the bench for most of the season, Murray breaks a 50 yarder to the 5, then the Cowboys inexplicably go run-pass-pass.  Dez should have caught that second ball for a TD, but that doesn't change the fact that they should have just run Murray 3 times from the 5.  Sure, that's what the other team is expecting, but the Cowboys have shown all year that even when team are expecting the run they still can't stop Murray.  If you're a good running football team, which you are, you freakin' punch it in from there.  Then in OT, 1st and 10 Murray runs for 8.  Should be an easy 1st down pickup there, right, just run Murray again, he can surely get 2 yards in 3 tries (likely 1 try).  Nope, they go pass-pass-pass with a hobbled Romo.  You have the best rushing attack in the league, run the freakin' football, especially when the opponent is sending the house against your QB time and time again.

Oh well, they're 6-2 and hopefully Romo isn't seriously hurt, that's the positive to take away from this.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Romo's owie will get the headlines, but he'll likely be fine.  The bigger news for Dallas is that they've probably just lost Justin Durant for the season.  His play is one of the big reasons why that defense has surprised people with its not-awfulness, and there isn't much in the way of depth behind him. 

Also, maybe the Cowboys were hesitant to use Murray more because he's on-pace for over 400 carries.  It's a long season, and RBs don't generally react too well to that kind of workload. 

Anyhow, good for Washington.  Their fans don't have a whole lot to cheer about this season, but a nationally broadcast upset win over their most hated rival will go a long way. 

Also, maybe the Cowboys were hesitant to use Murray more because he's on-pace for over 400 carries.  It's a long season, and RBs don't generally react too well to that kind of workload. 

When it's crunch time and the game is on the line, you put the number of carries concerns aside, as far as I'm concerned.  You can find better times during the season to get him a breather.  Have Randle or Dunbar play an entire quarter during some 3rd or 4th quarter when you're up by 17.  When the game is on the line, **** how many carries he's on pace for.

In other news, Ron Mexico will be getting the start for the Jets on Sunday.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Unsurprisingly, the Cowboys lost again with Romo out.  I had that down as a loss before the game even started, as soon as I knew Romo was out, so I'm not really disappointed.  Weeden is still as awful as he's always been.  Hopefully Romo is back next game because the Cowboys ain't going nowhere with The Doop at QB.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And, it's nott hat Kabernick is a horrible QB. He has talent but it just does not fit. SF is in 'win now' mode not 'years from now'. Of course, they did each the SB with huim but that was ebfore teams had time to scout him thoroughly.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yep, that was the wrong call and we are regretting that decision game by game.

They'd be doing no better with Smith, IMO.  He's great at taking the "safe" option, but a solid defense with a conservative gameplan shuts him down pretty consistently.  And you aren't going to put together many deep playoff runs without getting through a few solid defenses.  Kaepernick is less consistent, but he's not awful and there's at least a chance that he hits a Eli/Flacco-like upswing for a playoff run. 

SF's bigger problem is the erosion of their OL's effectiveness. 

Edited by Enoch

"They'd be doing no better with Smith, IMO.  He's great at taking the "safe" option, but a solid defense with a conservative gameplan shuts him down pretty consistently.  And you aren't going to put together many deep playoff runs without getting through a few solid defenses.  Kaepernick is less consistent, but he's not awful and there's at least a chance that he hits a Eli/Flacco-like upswing for a playoff run."

Wrong. More underrating Smith.

Things I learned from today's early games:

• The Cowboys are a playoff team with a healthy Romo, they are not without him
  • So much for the Steelers sudden and shocking resurgence
  • KC just finds ways to win
  • The Dolphins are impostors
  • 6-10 may win the NFC South

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• "The Cowboys are a playoff team with a healthy Romo, they are not without him"

Yup.

• "So much for the Steelers sudden and shocking resurgence"

It wasn't sudden or shocking but all teams can lose.

• "KC just finds ways to win"

Underrated QB.

• "The Dolphins are impostors"

They lost by 4 on the road versus a good team. That's not being an 'imposter'.

• "6-10 may win the NFC South"

Nah.