Questions to the Devs

will there be an chance to get a sith tattoo during the PC creation or at some point in the game?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

will there be an chance to get a sith tattoo during the PC creation or at some point in the game?

just an add on:

will npc's notice it, or anyone else for that matter?

Maybe not but I think it would be cool if they could work it in so that if you were a DS and got the tattoo then all the NPC's would recognize you as a sith and not still act as if you were a good jedi. or maybe make it so that it would give you different conversation options.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Um, not really.

ok cool I was just wondering. thanks for the reply

AscendedPaladin.png

Devs can we put the hoods on our characters up and down?

We're trying but it's eating up so much mem that I doubt it will make the final build ;) Sorry...

Strictly from a programming standpoint, but how about two robes that act as one? One for when the hood is up, another for when the hood is down. Is that feasible?

We're trying but it's eating up so much mem that I doubt it will make the final build :wub: Sorry...

Strictly from a programming standpoint, but how about two robes that act as one? One for when the hood is up, another for when the hood is down. Is that feasible?

The problem has more to do with the different animations required for the different versions of robes. Since we don't actually have clothing physics, robe animations have to be built into the character models themselves. In order for robes to look at all decent, it takes a lot of 'bones' in the skeleton of the model to animate them right. Adding the complexity of robes that have hoods that are up or down on top of all this is pushing our memory limits. Or, rather, we're actually way over already and are looking for places to trim. We're doing what we can.

-Akari

We're trying but it's eating up so much mem that I doubt it will make the final build :) Sorry...

The problem has more to do with the different animations required for the different versions of robes. Since we don't actually have clothing physics, robe animations have to be built into the character models themselves. In order for robes to look at all decent, it takes a lot of 'bones' in the skeleton of the model to animate them right. Adding the complexity of robes that have hoods that are up or down on top of all this is pushing our memory limits. Or, rather, we're actually way over already and are looking for places to trim. We're doing what we can.

-Akari

Thanks devs. Hmmm. So KOTOR 3 would greatly benifit from a physics engine. Interesting.

But a RPG with one is unheard of, i think.

I wouldn't say unheard of, but generally speaking it's not normally necessary as you're not interacting with the environment like you would in an FPS. But yeah, a strong physics engine always adds more versatility and interactivity in a game, and something like that would definitely be nice in KOTOR 3.

We're trying but it's eating up so much mem that I doubt it will make the final build :rolleyes: Sorry...

-Akari

Is it harder to develop the way you are? Or would actual robe physics make it more complex?

Ambrosia3.gif

I don't think so. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has it, I think and it's an RPG...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I don't think so. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has it, I think and it's an RPG...

Albeit with FPS qualities... :(

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I have never understood this fixasion with point of view and game mechanics when desideing if something is a crpg or not. To me it has way more to do with story or more precisely with character choices within the story, in other words roleplaying as oposed to rollplaying. :lol:

So i would definetly say that Bloodlines looks like a crpg.

But then this has nothing to do with questions for teh developers so maybe I should just shut up now...

Albeit with FPS qualities... :blink:

True, but that doesn't mean that it'll be bad as an RPG, althrough that remains to see. But after seeing the half-an-hour Yahoo movie demo of it, I defintively think the game will be good :).

I'm just worried by the lack of subtitles so far... :lol:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I was wondering if the PC will have an apprentice? or will the PC be the apprentice? or both?

AscendedPaladin.png

Guest Fallen Jedi

What if I chose the DS ending in Kotor I and the Star Forge was not destroyed. Will it still be a threat? Or did Revan turn to the light side and destroy it after all?

How will you be able to explain this?

Devs? :)

What if I chose the DS ending in Kotor I and the Star Forge was not destroyed. Will it still be a threat? Or did Revan turn to the light side and destroy it after all?

How will you be able to explain this?

Devs? :)

Well thats something that i cannot explain. As i say, KOTOR was made for lightsiders:)