BETA LIVESTREAM INFO/COMPILATION: Bro, do you even Livestream?

Bryy

I backed with a friend. I gave him the money and he got a higher tier with two game keys, using his kickstarter account. But he's not interested in playing the beta.

Until he sends me the beta key I'll be checking the streams listed here. I hope you guys don't hurry in character creation, because I'm really curious about the descriptions of each race, class, culture, etc... :p

sign.jpg

If I ever stream gameplay of a game like this, I'm going to make full use of the webcam to act out all my character's dialogue. :)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Hmm, I get what you mean. Not sure I'd have the courage to do it though, people have this expectation that any woman on a screen will be attractive (and I'm not).

Seems to me like kids on Twitch fall in love with any woman streaming no matter what, and when it's a more "grown-up" games that's being played I bet there's more mature viewers that don't critisize people about their looks. I hope you find courage to do it if you want to, if not you should keep streaming the way that's most comfortable and fun for you, then it gets fun for the viewer as well. Besides I bet you are more attractive than you think, everyone is their own biggest criticizer. I followed you and Twitch, and by the way - really like your artwork, think I've said it somewere already. 

• Like 4

@ashtonw:

I encourage you to say "to hell with stupid people," but also understand that we're humans, and some degree of what other people think getting to us is just built in.

I think a great deal of people really admire someone whose concern isn't really for meeting everyone's arbitrary expectations, but rather for just being a vibrant person and being content with what they're bringing to something like a stream.

That, and half those people that worry over how attractive a random girl on the internet is are pretty much just too afraid to be judged for their real opinion, so they adopt the arbitrary "if you're not Kate Upton, you're ugly" stance so they never have to have their own thoughts or stand up for anything.

That, and statistically speaking, I also bet you're far more attractive than you believe yourself to be, just for what it's worth. Someone did an interesting study on this. They got a bunch of women to describe themselves to a police sketch artist (I don't think he could see them, but they could see his artwork). Then, they got a bunch of other people to describe those same women to that sketch artist. The women, themselves, agreed, that all the other people's resulting sketches looked way better than the ones their own descriptions produced. They kind of all had epiphanies. 8P I just thought that was very interesting.

Anywho, here's me rolling low in an attempt at useful encouragement, haha. I'm going back to my defective robot duties...

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Haha, um, I wasn't fishing for compliments, honest. I've stopped trying to be something I'm not and I'm okay with how I look, plus I've got a great fiance who thinks I'm cute no matter what.

really like your artwork, think I've said it somewere already. 

Thanks

I encourage you to say "to hell with stupid people," but also understand that we're humans, and some degree of what other people think getting to us is just built in.

I stopped shaving my legs a couple years ago, so that's kinda my way of saying to hell with people. :p

• Like 3

Yeah Bryy there will be delay, it is still very doable though for games like PE.  Just get the quest or get to a decision and ask people what they think you should do and wait.  It takes some patience but it works fine.  I followed all you guys on the off chance that any of you stream when I am not busy or at work.

Personally I will post stuff to you tube but I wont stream.

• Like 1

Yeah Bryy there will be delay, it is still very doable though for games like PE.  Just get the quest or get to a decision and ask people what they think you should do and wait.  It takes some patience but it works fine.  I followed all you guys on the off chance that any of you stream when I am not busy or at work.

Personally I will post stuff to you tube but I wont stream.

I both want to allow followers to get e-mails when I stream and don't.

I followed all you guys on the off chance that any of you stream when I am not busy or at work.

I'm on Pacific time, and I won't be doing anything in the day. I expect people to pull birthday shenanigans, but I fully expect to also be streaming as soon as possible.

Can you guys who're streaming take a few extra seconds to list your party make up, or what you plan on playing as on here? I'm curious to see chanter's, monks, and ranger's over watching barbarians, paladin's and a few others. Josh said the beta's only 3-5 hours of content, so I imagine you'll have the opportunity to try a lot of stuff out.

• Like 1

Can you guys who're streaming take a few extra seconds to list your party make up, or what you plan on playing as on here? I'm curious to see chanter's, monks, and ranger's over watching barbarians, paladin's and a few others. Josh said the beta's only 3-5 hours of content, so I imagine you'll have the opportunity to try a lot of stuff out.

Well, I plan on being pretty improv for chat interaction, BUT I plan on doing the Adventurer's Guild ASAP.

Well, I fixed the echo. I'm actually going to make a completely new Banished Part 1 before tomorrow when hopefully Ash and Frost can join me again.

Did I miss it?

Eh, I tried, but birthday festivities pulled me away, so I'm gonna try a clean one tomorrow.

streams are overrated :p I don't understand why people would do it unless they are someone that already has a following like certain gaming Youtubers such as Northernlion or Totalbiscuit.

Got to start somewhere to get like those people...

streams are overrated :p I don't understand why people would do it unless they are someone that already has a following like certain gaming Youtubers such as Northernlion or Totalbiscuit.

Got to start somewhere to get like those people...

And even then, it's a community experience. This is how we communicate.