What you did today

Gorth

Insomnia, a.k.a. the state of awareness that allows you to hear every living organism in a three mile radius combined with the desire to strangle every single one of them.

Mosquitoes being the prime suspects. Yesterday evening I killed close to 40 of them with the vacuum cleaner.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Battery? Lambda sensor?

Bettery and cables.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just like that; you didn't notice that it was about to die a day before?

It came out of the blue. Ran perfectly fine over the weekend and yesterday.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Go pour a can of Coke over the terminals. It will eat away the corrosion and maybe save you from buying a new battery.

Already tried that, no dice.

Go pour a can of Coke over the terminals. It will eat away the corrosion and maybe save you from buying a new battery.

Already tried that, no dice.

Meh.

Just in case you didn't know, if you can jump start your car and get it to an auto parts store, they will bring out a tester to see if your alternator is providing juice. Usually its no charge for that service too.

I just got back from a date and, in the course of her asking if I made it home alright as I live an hour away and she worried because it was late and the traffic was less than pleasent, set up another one for next week - not bad, hopefully things will work out although, worst case, even if things don't turn out well, it's better to be going on dates than not going on dates.

• Like 2

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I just got back from a date and, in the course of her asking if I made it home alright as I live an hour away and she worried because it was late and the traffic was less than pleasent, set up another one for next week - not bad, hopefully things will work out although, worst case, even if things don't turn out well, it's better to be going on dates than not going on dates.

Well played, just the fact she wants to see you again is always a good thing, Keep us updated :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Glad to see your dedication to romance crosses over into the real world, Bruce. :grin:

Anyone has any decent ways to fight insomnia? Getting an average of 2 hours of sleep a night is starting to really mess with my head. It's like my vision is permanently vignetted and moving my head is like playing a first person game with mouse lag.

• Like 1

Glad to see your dedication to romance crosses over into the real world, Bruce. :grin:

Anyone has any decent ways to fight insomnia? Getting an average of 2 hours of sleep a night is starting to really mess with my head. It's like my vision is permanently vignetted and moving my head is like playing a first person game with mouse lag.

I wish I could give you advice because your insomnia sounds intolerable, I honestly don't know how I would survive on such little sleep.

What is the reason you can't sleep, have you been to a doctor?

What always helps me to sleep is cardio training in the evening but of course if you have no energy you will probably battle to train effectively..so that's probably pointless?

Something else which may help, and I know you said you don't do it, but smoke some weed about 2-3 hours before you want to sleep. See if it makes any difference then you can decide how to proceed?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unless your insomnia is caused by an illness or chronic pain I can recommend the following: exposure to fresh air and nature, go for a long walk in the woods -no matter how tired you feel right now- and try to sleep right after your little hike. It works wonders. 

I periodically get severe insomnia as side effect from my depressions, what helps is really exhausting cardio. I can have the worst insomnia in the world, after 2 hours of climbing steep hills (160-180bpm) with my bike I can do nothing else but collapse in my bed and sleep for a couple of hours. And its an healthy way to combat sleeplessness. 

What also causes insomnia is subtle but chronic dehydration. Drink enough water, skip sugar altogether and NO caffeine. 

Once I have not slept in 4 days straight, so I know what you are going through. Hang in there!  :)

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Had to laugh at more Initech-esque occurrences with the new guy starting. Strange to have a new hire after 2 years since the last one, though bastard is next to me so has cost me storage space.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find that a brisk walk or jog shortly before or after dinner helps me sleep better.

Interestingly, hard weight lifting for 70-80 minutes does nothing to make me sleep better, in fact I need to wait 3-4 hours before going to sleep after lifting. Its very exhausting, but instead of cardio which acts like a downer lifting is definitely an upper, feels a bit like I'm on speed afterwards no matter how exhausting it was. And its not just me, many people feel the same. 

Feel tired, depressed and down? Lift heavy. Feel restless and want to sleep? Do cardio.   Heck, if I was a psychiatrist I'd recommend those two things before going with any hardcore medications. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Walked in to the men's fragrance counter at Macy's, like a manly man in need of manly fragrance, since the Kenneth Cole has spritzed its last, and picked up a pump of Bleu de Chanel. I know chicks are supposed to buy for their dudes, and women can be exceptionally appealing in all sorts of circumstances, but relationships longer than this sentence are dangerous, expensive, and shallow. Haven't opened it, yet. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Walked in to the men's fragrance counter at Macy's, like a manly man in need of manly fragrance, since the Kenneth Cole has spritzed its last, and picked up a pump of Bleu de Chanel. I know chicks are supposed to buy for their dudes, and women can be exceptionally appealing in all sorts of circumstances, but relationships longer than this sentence are dangerous, expensive, and shallow. Haven't opened it, yet. 

I always buy my own fragrances but I base my choice  on the feedback I get from my lady friends and g-friends. I have found certain smells compliment me and others just produce a neutral odour, its got to do with the chemicals in your skin

I normally use A-Men, Polo  and John-Paul Gaultier. Also Issey Miyake works on me and the weird thing is  I have also tried Bleu de Chanel because its recommended and popular but unfortunately the smell didn't suit me

John Milton 

I always buy my own fragrances but I base my choice  on the feedback I get from my lady friends and g-friends. I have found certain smells compliment me and others just produce a neutral odour, its got to do with the chemicals in your skin

I normally use A-Men, Polo  and John-Paul Gaultier. Also Issey Miyake works on me and the weird thing is  I have also tried Bleu de Chanel because its recommended and popular but unfortunately the smell didn't suit me

I'm the opposite, I like to pick the fragrances for my laydees as well. :p

What I use is a professional secret (ok, it's by Creed), and on ladies, I adore Diesel's Fuel for Life.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The prettiest girl I ever met wore Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf so now everytime I encounter that smell: instant auto-boner.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just got back from Vegas, it was a fantastic trip.  My wife of 12 years continues to amaze me.  

I lost a bit of money at the tables, so the last night my wife and I played this Lord of the Rings penny slot machine.  It was entertaining, at one point I was down to my last few bucks and I hit this long string of bonus spins that played a bunch of movies.  It ended up paying me about $30, which really just evened out what I had already lost, but the entertainment factor was great.  :)

• Like 1

Rough morning today. 

First, I made the idiotic decision to trust the weather forecast over my own two eyes when I set out to walk the youngin' to daycare.  ("Huh, it kinda looks like it's about to rain, but the forecast said there was no chance of rain today, so I'm not going to bother going back inside to grab the umbrella.")  Halfway through the walk, we're hiding under the awning of a carpet store, waiting for the worst to pass.

Second, when I got to the daycare, I realized that, although I had remembered to bring the extra diapers and wipes they needed, I had forgotten to bring the kid's food.  That meant I had to walk all the way home and back (it's a little over a mile each way) before getting on the subway to go to the office.  The rain had stopped by then, which was appreciated, but the air was still too humid to dry my clothes much. 

The prettiest girl I ever met wore Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf so now everytime I encounter that smell: instant auto-boner.

Admittedly, there's a similar reason for the Diesel :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif