Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

I don't see any surprises tomorrow.

France beats Nigeria

Germany beats Algeria

Final scores

France vs Nigeria:  1-0

Germany vs Algeria 2-1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

France beats Nigeria

Germany beats Algeria

But guess the actual score, that's much harder :)

No thanks.

I only do that when I am over-undering or betting (against) the spread.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

France beats Nigeria

Germany beats Algeria

But guess the actual score, that's much harder :)

No thanks.

I only do that when I am over-undering or betting (against) the spread.

Ah, okay. Makes sense

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

American based Waffle House is calling for a boycot on Belgian waffles in the run up to the game between the U.S. football team and Belgium. True blooded Americans should buy American waffles instead.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/28/team-usa-soccer-belgium-boycott-belgian-waffles-waffle-house/

Funny, me and my girlfriend were wondering exactly what American waffles would look like, and I joked that they probably included bacon. So I googled it, and it seems I was right. The all American way, put lots of bacon on everything.

Not that I have anything against bacon. I love bacon on my pancakes. Hmmmmm.

And even funnier is that apparently the waffle known as the Belgian waffle in the U.S. is a North-American variety of what is known in Belgium as the Brussels waffle, and thus is not actually Belgian. So Waffle House is calling for a boycot on an American dish in favour of another American dish in order to spite Belgium? I think not, they just want to line their own pockets.

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

American based Waffle House is calling for a boycot on Belgian waffles in the run up to the game between the U.S. football team and Belgium. True blooded Americans should buy American waffles instead.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/28/team-usa-soccer-belgium-boycott-belgian-waffles-waffle-house/

Funny, me and my girlfriend were wondering exactly what American waffles would look like, and I joked that they probably included bacon. So I googled it, and it seems I was right. The all American way, put lots of bacon on everything.

Not that I have anything against bacon. I love bacon on my pancakes. Hmmmmm.

That's a clever way for them to generate more revenue and have some fun at the same time, play the patriot card

Personally I like both types of waffles but I am more use to traditional sweet Belgian waffles...not the savoury type

John Milton 

Looks like a broken ankle. Dear lord.

Let's hope it's not that serious.  That was a really nasty looking challenge.  I'm sure the French player wasn't trying to hurt him, but he got him studs first right on the ankle.  Ouch!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Surprised it wasn't a red

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh wow, that was tight

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saved by the crossbar!

France really putting the pressure on now.

And Pogba scores.  France 1-0. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finally !!!

But excellent defence from the Nigerian goalkeeper, the man is amazing !!!

John Milton 

In general, I agree, but on the scoring play, in particular, he made a piss poor attempt at a clearance.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In general, I agree, but on the scoring play, in particular, he made a piss poor attempt at a clearance.

Actually the Nigerian defense as a whole has been porous all game. Some nice saves though.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Enyeama was doing so well up to then. 

Actually the Nigerian defense as a whole has been porous all game. Some nice saves though.

I agree my adulation is for the goalkeeper only, I genuinely believe France deserves to win

John Milton 

He must have taken money to let that in.

Wow, what idiot kicked it out for a corner when it was going to be a throw

Edited by Malcador

I can't believe how well France is playing compared to the last world cup, do you guys they they are serious contenders for the semi-finals ?

John Milton 

In honour of the well deserved French victory I am going to eat some Roquefort cheese tonight, its the least I can do considering the circumstances

John Milton