What are you playing now

Yeah, I played on highest difficult setting and never ever had anyone being resurrected. Either I am too good or the game is still too easy.

Dont think so, they just dont find them, I playing it now and I often notice that if I put someone to sleep with my 'non-leathal' sniper rife and some guard stumple upton victim before I am able to drag him out, he wakes him up and start alarm

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Its probably more the change of scenery in a different city, you know that saying "outta sight, outta mind"

Not too sure that was it, as only after he messes up the organ smuggling scheme that he suddenly feels relieved. Probably something I did not pick up through the game. Thought he was okay with it after MP2 and Mona, the last line there seemed to indicate he'd passed over his trauma and death wish.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing the third act in Puppeteer. The game is fun, so are the characters and the story, even if I feel that there's a little too much talking. The art design of the game is brilliant. I wouln't say the platforming is close to the best games in the genre but it is decent enough.

Splitting time between Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Mario Kart 8.  Getting 3 stars on all the cups on 150cc is going to take some work.  I haven't managed to get more than 1 star yet on 150cc, granted I've only taken 3 cracks at it so far.  Flower Cup will be the hardest, I think, as it contains my worst track, Shy Guy Falls.  I should run that track 10 or 15 times in time trial mode to get more comfortable with it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wonder why Monster Hunter has never become the massive smash hit in the west that it is in Japan.  I mean, it's done okay over here, but in Japan it's pretty much a religion.  It almost single-handedly saved the PSP from being a colossal failure and turned it into at least a mild success (it got demolished by the DS, but it did fairly well, all things considered).  The game is extremely addictive.  It's a little weird and underwhelming at first, but it really grows on you once you get familiar with it.  My one complaint is that I wish the areas were a bit bigger.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wonder why Monster Hunter has never become the massive smash hit in the west that it is in Japan.  I mean, it's done okay over here, but in Japan it's pretty much a religion.  It almost single-handedly saved the PSP from being a colossal failure and turned it into at least a mild success (it got demolished by the DS, but it did fairly well, all things considered).  The game is extremely addictive.  It's a little weird and underwhelming at first, but it really grows on you once you get familiar with it.  My one complaint is that I wish the areas were a bit bigger.

I got 300+ hours on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

"Ouch, aren't the PSP controls actually painfully uncomfortable?"

YES BUT DOESN'T MATTER! The game's too good!

• Like 1

I really liked the Secret World, everything except the actual gameplay

I agree, and the combat system seems to be the worst part. A combat system similar to the first Mass Effect would have made the game a lot more inviting.

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I really liked the Secret World, everything except the actual gameplay

Yeah, the gameplay is such a letdown.  It's too bad because it has good voice acting and some of the best writing in any game, not just MMOs.  It's a legitimately interesting game held back by godawful combat. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I took a rare detour from side questing and did a quest in the main story. I didn't even remember what the quest was about and I didn't bother reading the quest log. I treat this game as a mix of Diablo and The Elders Scrolls. Kill, kill, kill.

Beat Assassins Creed 2. Ezio was an idiot. Also, the game was terrible at showing the passage of time. 22 years pass between the start amd the finish and it seems more like 1 or 2. Loved it though. On to Brotherhood.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fate of The World. Managed to do 3 controlled marked crashes, in order to wane the world off coal, oil and then gas. Everything went better than expected, with the ironic side effect that Russia became the world superpower with a HDI nearing the 0,99 and became the greenest and freest nation in the world by 2180, pretty much singlehandedly taking the world into the 23 century peacefully and with some pretty advanced nanotech. America suffered pretty badly and ended up a sorta gun-tooting paranoid social democracy, but started swinging back and came up to 0,87 again (after going down to almost 0,77).

All in all I managed to keep the temperature change at 2,8 degrees above pre-industrial and had the world running on 100% renewable energy. With all meat produced artificially and almost no agriculture, so all current farmland had become forests again (with a good deal of artificial trees that absorbed CO²). That's a world I'd like to live in. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually playing some horde mode in Gears of War.  Similar to Mass Effect 3's MP.  Although, strangely enough, I preferred the ME3 MP.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for leveling up and unlocking characters.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I took a rare detour from side questing and did a quest in the main story. I didn't even remember what the quest was about and I didn't bother reading the quest log. I treat this game as a mix of Diablo and The Elders Scrolls. Kill, kill, kill.

Pretty sure I never even touched half the side quests in that game. It's a mistake in a game like that to make entire cities/regions purely optional when they don't have any compelling stories or characters behind them (sort of like the rest of the game, actually.) Not really surprising from a game whose big selling point was some guy who worked on Oblivion, I guess.

Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8.  I'm so addicted.  I need help.  Help me, please!

Ahhhhh, the jealousy! I was planning on buying a Wii U but for some reason they only sell NTSC Wii U consoles here. I can't go NTSC now, I've been PAL my whole life! 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8.  I'm so addicted.  I need help.  Help me, please!

Ahhhhh, the jealousy! I was planning on buying a Wii U but for some reason they only sell NTSC Wii U consoles here. I can't go NTSC now, I've been PAL my whole life! 

It would have been to everyone's benefit if Big N hadn't region locked the machine.  WTF Nintendo, WTF?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just finished Legends of Grimrock, excellent game. The combat is great fun and I enjoyed some of the puzzles. I did get stumped on some parts of the game and had to use walkthroughs :blush:

I clocked about 40 hours on Steam playing this game so it was a worthwhile investment

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pretty sure I never even touched half the side quests in that game. It's a mistake in a game like that to make entire cities/regions purely optional when they don't have any compelling stories or characters behind them (sort of like the rest of the game, actually.) Not really surprising from a game whose big selling point was some guy who worked on Oblivion, I guess.

That's true, I guess. I'm certain that I have missed several dungeons or settlements. I don't really go out of my way to find them but once I get a quest, I usually complete it. I have care a little bit less about quests now that I have almost maxed my skills blacksmith and sagecraft. There is basically no reason to keep weapons you get rfrom loot other than to salvage it to create better items. In that regard, I have broken the game.

Some Pikmin 3 co-op missions. Never played a Pikmin game before in my life, but it's pretty entertaining, like an RTS almost (but fun, I despise RTSes) ....but unfortunately only 7 missions are available. The others are - wait for it - paid DLC. Nintendo's brave new world, I guess. But I guess the game itself was "free" via the Mario Kart promo.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Still playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Mario Kart 8.  Man, it's tough going getting 3 stars on 150cc, I'm still stuck only having gotten 3 stars on one cup so far.  I'm also contemplating installing Wasteland 2, which has been sitting, undownloaded, in my Steam account for quite some time, just to check out what character creation looks like.  I still have no intention of playing the game proper until it's finished.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Guest Slinky

I'm also contemplating installing Wasteland 2, which has been sitting, undownloaded, in my Steam account for quite some time, just to check out what character creation looks like.  I still have no intention of playing the game proper until it's finished.

Early access is evil, isn't it? Ever since I bought Grim Dawn I've been drooling at it, trying to fight back the urge to play it as they are still adding stuff and tweaking the existing. At least Wasteland 2 is supposed to come out next month.