Kotor2 must have mods

Hello fellas,

I know there is Kotor forum down below but seems quite dead now, if moderators decide feel free to move it there.

I would like to ask you what mods do you suggest to run with Kotor 2. I would like only mods that fix missing/cut out content and/or are relly good to not have.

Thanks

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

cool, I already looked on that in kotor thread, if that is all I need feel free to close that, thanks Rosbjerg

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Does the Restored Content Mod come with the Resolution patcher as part of it? I can't remember off-hand. You might want to dig that up separately to make sure.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

any hints on what not to miss, eg some esential skill that provide me super item i cant use without? I was thinking about sentinel character. I already complete game once long time ago as guardian so I want something different.

Sentinel will net you almost all of the speech and skill requirements outside of demolition etc I think. So that's pretty safe completionist approach, but doing a negative influence playthrough can be very interesting too..

And what not to miss? hmm, no - I'll no only say, play as you please and stick to your character even if the game "punishes" you (it doesn't).. It makes for a better game.

In short 1 play through will not give you all content, you need at least 2-3 for that.

Fortune favors the bald.

Force Lightning all the way. Once you get to the second planet after Telos the Force point penalties for using a Dark Side power as a Light Side player (and vice versa) cease to matter. Though I guess that's my "munchkin" way of playing.

However, there are some pure melee-related quests that may prove very difficult to finish if you are not invested at least somewhat in your Constitution and actual fighting stats.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

One essential is to speak a certain line to HK-47 early on, otherwise you will miss out on some great content.

Some quest walkthroughs are obviously obsolete, so don't stress if you speak to X and he doesn't do Y. He was never meant to. Someone else will do Y and also give you Z (sometimes google doesn't help - you'll need to stay alert).

Some dialog trees are also different, so if you want to hear new stuff, don't follow all the 'max influence' maps too slavishly.

Have you already done one playthrough of KOTOR2?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Have you already done one playthrough of KOTOR2?

yep, as guardian, dual wielding was quite op and I remember that consitution was good for best implants, but not much left in me, i am thinking about single blade sentinel now, just killed HK unit one peragus and heading to that republic ship

One essential is to speak a certain line to HK-47 early on, otherwise you will miss out on some great content.

Some quest walkthroughs are obviously obsolete, so don't stress if you speak to X and he doesn't do Y. He was never meant to. Someone else will do Y and also give you Z (sometimes google doesn't help - you'll need to stay alert).

Some dialog trees are also different, so if you want to hear new stuff, don't follow all the 'max influence' maps too slavishly.

Thanks, hints are welcomed, even tho this one is not particulary clear :)

Sentinel will net you almost all of the speech and skill requirements outside of demolition etc I think. So that's pretty safe completionist approach, but doing a negative influence playthrough can be very interesting too..

And what not to miss? hmm, no - I'll no only say, play as you please and stick to your character even if the game "punishes" you (it doesn't).. It makes for a better game.

In short 1 play through will not give you all content, you need at least 2-3 for that.

well I remember that I was unnable to switch any companion into Jedi, I hate how you can miss some dialogues if you dont carry them around, especialy if I dont know where these pop up for each of them

Edited by Chilloutman

As I recall, if you're dark side from early on when you hit Nar Shaddaa, you end up with Hanharr as a companion instead of Mira.

So if you want to turn Mira into a dark side force user, you need to be fairly benign during that initial stage.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also, companions will have the opposite alignment of you, if you have low influence with them.

Here's a good guide on the forum. If you want to be a bit gamey you can go for turning all of them, by switching them in and out of situations and then keeping them on the ship until you have found/reached the jedi activation point.

I had a good playthrough where I turned all of my companions. I kept them around lvl 8-10 (depending on various bonuses etc) in their starter classes in order to get more Jedi ones. They were all very powerful in the end and blasted through their solo bits no problems.

Be adviced though that the Exhange/Mira section will be a pain in the *** with this approach,

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Just check the add-ons section on Moddb (or downloads on deadlystream) for whatever floats your boat ;)

Over there pretty much everything works with TSLRCM.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, if you try to completionist this, you'll go insane. You will always be missing stuff. Anyway, the game is so eay that any build is feasible, so I'd say just do what you want and don't worry too much about stats. My last playthrough was a gunslinging Guardian/Weapon Master. :D

Rosj - What do you get if you take a negative influence playthrough? I never tried it. I didn't realize you got different content from it.

Restored Content

Droid Planet

In addition, I put some personal flavor, I also downloaded the "canon" face for female PC. 

I'd honestly advise against the Droid Planet. The mod is impressively done and much props to the creators, but the actual content is awful - I feel the experience is better without it.

• Like 1

I the NPCs lie to you though if you have negative influence, I don't really remember it that well (only did one play through as evil and negative inf.)

but I know you can turn certain NPCs into jedi's with negative influence (like Bao-Dur), so playing evil doesn't mean you won't be able to do that. You kinda bully him if I remember right, instead of convincing him. I do remember that extreme negative or positive influence opens up dialouges, where you for instance bully/annoy instead of trust/convince etc, but the exact content .. not so much :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Restored Content

Droid Planet

In addition, I put some personal flavor, I also downloaded the "canon" face for female PC. 

What face is that?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd honestly advise against the Droid Planet. The mod is impressively done and much props to the creators, but the actual content is awful - I feel the experience is better without it.

Cringey voice acting and some weird glitches, I know, but still. 

What face is that?

cplVj.jpg

I also just found out this existed. 

revantorwip3.jpg

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Question - double bladed saber is affected by dual-wield or dueling feats?

hmm now I am torn, go with single blade or 2 blades? as sentinel I will probably not have those cool feats as weaponmaster for dual wield. Do I get bonus to single blade at least?