Kotor2 must have mods

If you've already played it once, then just do the restoration mod. I wouldn't play it more than twice, as combat is awful and occupies very long stretches of the game.

hmm now I am torn, go with single blade or 2 blades? as sentinel I will probably not have those cool feats as weaponmaster for dual wield. Do I get bonus to single blade at least?

Single-bladed short saber.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'd honestly advise against the Droid Planet. The mod is impressively done and much props to the creators, but the actual content is awful - I feel the experience is better without it.

Cringey voice acting and some weird glitches, I know, but still. 

What face is that?

cplVj.jpg

I also just found out this existed. 

revantorwip3.jpg

Thanks!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cool, yesterday I played it for like 5 hours without issue, today I load it up and it crash after few seconds, argh! I also noticed that steam set up automatic updates to yes even when I set it to not update it. Dont know what to do know, if its ¨update it¨ or if there is other reason...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Sucks about the crashing. I'd help you but mine works great. Try the kotor2 pcgamingwiki page, they tend to know what causes problems.

Regarding dual-wield or single saber, what kind of skills are you focusing on? What kind of prestige class are you going to take? If you're a more physical character that kills stuff with your lightsaber, go with dual-wielding two sabers because your damage output will be higher - especially if you take the speed force powers and learn the flurry line to give you the extra attacks per round. If you're focusing on killing your enemies with force powers, go for single saber with the Dueling feat for the defense bonus to minimize damage you take between casting.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Well, I am curently sentinel for max skills, dont know if follow watcher or pick something else

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

For a Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin, I've had good experiences going single saber and upgrading it to increase the crit range, maxing out critical strike and focusing on stealth. It makes the game a lot longer, though, because sneak attacking all enemies is time consuming and sneaking past them is a waste of xp points.

I'd honestly advise against the Droid Planet. The mod is impressively done and much props to the creators, but the actual content is awful - I feel the experience is better without it.

:(

What's so bad?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I just feel it doesn't fit in - for the same reason I have a mod on top of TSLRCM that removes Kaevee again. Bad dialogue, bad voice acting and encounters that just aren't that interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm super impressed with the people that managed to make it, but it's more of a "try out once" thing than something that makes the experience better. More than anything it makes me think that while the ending was cut due to the rushed schedule, these things were cut simply because they weren't good enough.

• Like 1

I just feel it doesn't fit in - for the same reason I have a mod on top of TSLRCM that removes Kaevee again. Bad dialogue, bad voice acting and encounters that just aren't that interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm super impressed with the people that managed to make it, but it's more of a "try out once" thing than something that makes the experience better. More than anything it makes me think that while the ending was cut due to the rushed schedule, these things were cut simply because they weren't good enough.

I have feeling Hassat got hands in that mode :) I will judge myself 

Sucks about the crashing. I'd help you but mine works great. Try the kotor2 pcgamingwiki page, they tend to know what causes problems.

Regarding dual-wield or single saber, what kind of skills are you focusing on? What kind of prestige class are you going to take? If you're a more physical character that kills stuff with your lightsaber, go with dual-wielding two sabers because your damage output will be higher - especially if you take the speed force powers and learn the flurry line to give you the extra attacks per round. If you're focusing on killing your enemies with force powers, go for single saber with the Dueling feat for the defense bonus to minimize damage you take between casting.

Seems crashes I am having are because of my dual monitor setup, I was able to play yesterday if I run only game and nothing else on second monitor

With a heavy heart I have to second that opinion that the droid planet is not all that much fun (not to be confused with the extra droid level in the restored content mod, which is great). I *hate* to say things like that because I appreciate the enormous work that was clearly put into making something out of (almost) nothing by poeople who clearly love this game even more than I do, but, yeah, m478 is definitely missing a magic ingredient somewhere, imho.

I'd pay huge $$$ for a Kickstarter to do an add-on M478 the way god intended, but it's unlikely to happen because of the things MCA mentioned in the recent Eurogamer interview (obscure IP rights to various stuff).

Re lightsabres - dual wield all the way, crafting lots of upgrages if you want to make easy combat even easier. Single blade for the cool factor and extra challenge :)

Edited by Halaster

any hints on what not to miss, eg some esential skill that provide me super item i cant use without? I was thinking about sentinel character. I already complete game once long time ago as guardian so I want something different.

If you could complete the game without "super item i cant use without" then you probably could "use without." And frankly, if it's an Obsidian game, I don't think there's any "super item."

Except (linguistically) super stims.

OK, Paciencia might fit the bill, too. But I love it too much to admit it's OP. Which it is. But I love it so much.

That isn't referring to KOTOR2, by the way (something tells me that's necessary to point out.)

Cringey voice acting is a pretty lethal factor for me, unless voices can be turned off.

I honestly can't even remember anything about the restored content mod other than certain porking scenarios. Make of that what you will.

Edited by AGX-17

Any mods that restore cut content like TSLRP. I had played an older version and liked it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Are there any good graphic overhauls/mods out there? 

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Boo

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Any mods that restore cut content like TSLRP. I had played an older version and liked it.

TSLRP is quite dead though (and unfinished)... 0_o

I have feeling Hassat got hands in that mod :)

You would be correct...
  • Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Bad thing happend to me, I was after Telos on Onderon just to gain as much influence with Bao-Dur and Atton to make them Jedi, and left before I found Vrook, on way to Nar-Shaddar Visa show up, I just got one conversation and then get on Nar-Shaddar questing, when I came back to Ebon Hawk Handmaiden is pissed at me, man I didnt do anything to her yet and she refuse to talk to me... womens, you never understand them

I don't think you will find Vrook on Onderon ;)

^

Constructive criticism Hassat, but I think I would have preferred it on the Droid Planet that you simply used the generic, non-intelligible *beep*boop*beep*s for all the droid characters (or make new ones if even more variety is needed). I can't say that your voice actors have awful acting skills or that they're voices are grating, but the gain levels for the audio files and unimpressive direction sort of takes me out of it.

I will say that the splicing of the existing voice acting is at least tolerable.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I don't think you will find Vrook on Onderon ;)

Sorry, I mean Dantooine ofcourse