Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

"they never give it to someone on the losing side (has that ever happened?)."

I believe it has happened. Very rare thoguh and no doubt a player on a 1 win team with 4 blowout losses won't get it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jerry West has the distinction of being both a NCAA Final Four MVP and NBA Finals MVP while playing for the losing team, to his everlasting bitterness.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Jerry West has the distinction of being both a NCAA Final Four MVP and NBA Finals MVP while playing for the losing team, to his everlasting bitterness.

Interesting tidbit and definitely a bittersweet honor to hold.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Manu Dunk

BlandRadiantAfricancivet.gif

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this was a thing that happened.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Funny thing is I remember last season when a lot of so called pro Spur morans were trashing him, calling him garbage, and that he should have retired and should be thrown in the trash can of life. HAHAHA!

I love it when idiots are proven to be morans. So, there's at least that silver lining.

Funny and scary enough these Spurs could have been out in R1 and people would have been calling them 'too old' and all other sorts of nonsense plus these playoffs would have looked way different.

Edited by Volourn

LeBron James Should Not Have To Go To Jail For Losing The NBA Finals

640.jpg

Last night, the NBA Finals came to a close, with the San Antonio Spurs trouncing the Miami Heat four games to one. I understand that the Heat were completely dominated and lost by a surprisingly wide margin, but no matter how badly the game ended up, I don’t think LeBron James should have to go to jail just because he lost the NBA Finals.

:p

Free games updated 3/4/21

Funny thing is I remember last season when a lot of so called pro Spur morans were trashing him, calling him garbage, and that he should have retired and should be thrown in the trash can of life. HAHAHA!

I love it when idiots are proven to be morans. So, there's at least that silver

You weren't referring to any of us were you? Or maybe the Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless type knuckleheads?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

5 in 15 not 2 in 4.   One side has the better percentage and it's not the Spurs.

5 in 15 is insane.  2 in 4 is not nearly as impressive.  Teams win a couple titles close together on a regular basis.  Winning 5 in a 15 year period is bonkers.

It's more impressive to me that the Heat went to 4 straight finals.  That's remarkable.

Why are you trying to belittle the Spurs again?

Why are you belittling the Heat? And, why is the 'classy' Pop being a **** for no reason?

Spurs are a great team but 5 championships in 15 seasons is  a lower winning % than 2 in 4. Math wins here. Sorry. That's nothing to be ashamed about. 5 championships is awesom so how is that 'belittling' them? LMAO

I'm done and ready to move on regarding Donald Sterling, but I have to link brilliant sports reporting when I see it. Courtesy of ESPN's Ramona Shelburne: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11105717&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FfM8x8rFRu5%22%7D

Good behind the scenes timeline involving the key players.

If I were Derrick Rose I'd rather have Kevin Love than Carmelo Anthony too.  What Chicago would want more than that would be a Derrick Rose with functional knees.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What's there to not like about Love? Tremendous shooting range. Excellent passer. Great footwork and bball IQ. Dominant rebounder. Solid in the post. Sufficient and underrated defender. His metrics are even better than the eye test. Easily a top 10 player and arguably top 5.

He's getting a bad rap for wanting to bail on Minnesota, and for not showing strong leadership qualities, but then again, the situation in Minny was a result of poor front office performance, and is not indicative of his on court play.

This is gonna be a fun offseason. Avalanche is Coming.

Don't know about Lebron going to the Dubs, but it'll help their leverage with Minnesota re: K-Love.

LeBron opting out doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving Miami, though it certainly could.  I think he can see the handwriting on the wall.  Wade is a shadow of his former self.  He can still play at a very high level at times, but his body wears down very quickly.  Bosh is now past the peak of his prime (though still in the tail end of his prime) and wearing down too, and, to be honest, he was never a superstar, a good player, but not a superstar.  Unless all 3 of them restructure and take major pay cuts, Miami doesn't have the cap room to make major changes.  It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.  Could LeBron wind up on The Clippers?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hurlshot's post makes me laugh. People bash Lebron for moving around but if he chooses their team, people are all for it. Hell, even Cleveland fans would cheer him if he put on a Cleveland uniform again (no chance in hell).

That said, he's probably staying in MIA. This is just a way to push MIA into improving the team maybe even get Anthony on the team. If that doesn't work out, I think Houston or Washington would be decent choices (likely no Washington though).

As for the article about Rose, it is suspect since artcice after article has been the Bulls including Rose pushing Anthony to pick the Bulls.  Of course, Love wouildn't be a bad choice. Of course, Love has won squat which is people's biggest beef with Anthony. Talk about a double standard.

\One thing for sure, this will be an interesting off season.

Of course, Love has won squat which is people's biggest beef with Anthony. Talk about a double standard.

That's fair.  Part of that might be perception.  Melo, for whatever reason, exposure, I'm guessing, is still seen as a bigger star than Love, even though, in my opinion, Love is a better player (and younger to boot) at this stage in their respective careers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Everything is posturing at this point. In negotiation as well as in poker, you don't want to reveal your hand unless it's advantageous to do so. My feeling is that Lebron will stay in Miami, but he wants Pat Riley and ownership to prove to him that they will get better players to work with.

Hurlshot's post makes me laugh. People bash Lebron for moving around but if he chooses their team, people are all for it. Hell, even Cleveland fans would cheer him if he put on a Cleveland uniform again (no chance in hell).

I've never bashed Lebron, and no one here has seriously done that either.  Why u lie?

L0L  Perhaps you should remember back to The Decision tm. And, then tell me without laughing that nobody bashed him for choosing to leave Cleveland. Also, why isn't Love being bashed for wanting off his team? Weird.

Edited by Volourn