(I thought you guys were RPG nerds...?) BLACKGUARDS is out now

Llyranor

Seriously, no thread for this? Though, frankly, I don't know much about it other it apparently having a good turn-based tactical combat system (according to the codex hahahahhahahaha).

Anyway, downloading the demo off Steam. Impressions to follow! Haven't played a WRPG in a while, maybe I should pick up M&M10 afterwards as well.                                                                                                                                    

• Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I am no RPG nerd, my good sir.  I am a RPG dweeb.  :p

Blackguards has been mentioned many times in various threads, mostly the "What Are You Playing?" thread.  It's definitely a game I plan to pick up eventually, but my cup already overfloweth, partially due to the M&MX you mentioned.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm currently playing it, is it that short that you finished it in one day?

I'm assuming that he played through most of it through early access as the first four chapters have been released for the past month I believe.  I myself waited to release to playthrough and am only an hour or two into it due to real life

I didn't play the full version, but read all the impressions and previews that came out about it, and I don't think it's more of an RPG than your run-of-the-mill ARPG. It's one hell of a tactical combat game, though, based on the demo... Really good stuff.

Edited by Endrosz

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I have played for a few hours, it is a bad game. Unless i'm missing something and RPGs are supposed to be grueling experiences where chance acts as a glass ceiling to turn an otherwise monotone experience into an anger filled one. Which would actually explain why there are so many frustrating RPGs, why the Codex is so angry and why most people prefer hybrids or JRPGs.

At any rate, **** it i'm getting a trainer.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

People upset with chance having a say with hit chances on here and in reviews... well, they surprise me. You have it in DnD as well as in any other TB game really.

Got my collector's edition today, a huge box really, too big for the nice content ;) While the gameplay seemed simplistic in the sense of basically consisting of a series of fight screens, I enjoyed my first hour in the game: so many stats and a new system to learn, yay :) Also, the settings/characters seem brutal and humorous at the same time, I quite like that.

Oh, and it's available DRM free both in a box (at least the german version) and as a download on gog.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

It's just not that good to be honest.

I purchased it during holiday sales and I've played like 2 hours after which I gave up. The combat is VERY repetitive and simple, story is nothing to write home about and the voice acting second class at best. I was hoping for improvement over Conquistador but in my honest opinion Blackguards is a step backwards, not an improvement.

People upset with chance having a say with hit chances on here and in reviews... well, they surprise me. You have it in DnD as well as in any other TB game really.

Got my collector's edition today, a huge box really, too big for the nice content ;) While the gameplay seemed simplistic in the sense of basically consisting of a series of fight screens, I enjoyed my first hour in the game: so many stats and a new system to learn, yay :) Also, the settings/characters seem brutal and humorous at the same time, I quite like that.

Oh, and it's available DRM free both in a box (at least the german version) and as a download on gog.

I bought deluxe edition on Steam, which comes with making-of, OST and artbook. Pretty neat.

Looking forward to Daedalic's next ventures in DSA territory, whether arrpeegee or adventure doesn't really matter.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

To anyone that's further along the story; do you get to play evil? I mean the name of the game is Blackguards, the advertising point was that you were supposed to be bad guys saving the world but so far the "evil" options are just killing a bunch of people and denying water for a delivery (a baby delivery) but so far its all very tame. None of the characters feels like a bad guy, specially the protagonist.
I thought I was going to be a bad guy, that is all.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif