Things that now sound evil

Walsingham

Racist and Misogynist. They're just overused and flung about willy nilly for harmless stuff. They used to be used to describe stuff like the KKK and abusive men, and now they're just blanket terms used to describe people who don't like change. There are also huge double standards with their use.

Wouldn't that make them LESS evil sounding?

And in any case I don't think racist sounds any more innocuous.

Hearing them makes me more angry than they used to, and people take them just as serious, so you have people wrongly thinking people are racists just because they don't think a black guy should play Johnny Storm. that's pretty evil.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Angry making is surely another thread, though. Lulz would go in that one, for example.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Black Friday Sale

Pre-Order

Slacker Backer

Barack Obama (Commando soldier?)

The Grinch

Abbatoir

Abduction

Deforestation

Guttural

Fellatio (Maffia boss?)

Irrumatrix (The not very known courtesan in Asterix & Obelix)

Need I go on?      (NO!! You have done enough damage as it is!  >_<  )

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hm. Max Payne 3 at 60% off..  I'm tempted, but it's still Christmas time and budgets have already been stretched.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm. Max Payne 3 at 60% off..  I'm tempted, but it's still Christmas time and budgets have already been stretched.

Now, that's a couple of sentences ringing of evil and malice! :fdevil:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Drone.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fetus

Insertation

Gamete

Centipede

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Security

Whoah whoah whoah.

Since when is security a bad word?

-Elwood Blues

Tax.

The single most evil word in the English language.

Yes, but that has always sounded evil.

I think 'blancmange' has  a sinister ring to it I hadn't noticed until I thought about it.

-Elwood Blues

Security

Whoah whoah whoah.

Since when is security a bad word?

Since governments started pairing it with "homeland" or "economic" and used it to justify stripping people of their rights.

• Like 6
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Now 'homeland' is several kilo-quangos of creepy.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

religious

ambitious

ambitious = a$$hole, no?  am recalling a time when one didn't feel the need to apologize for being ambitious... or religious. nowadays, those folks who is demonstrably religious is perceived as being one step removed from Ignorant-Bomb-Toting-Fanatic. 

congratulations

ok, is probable just Gromnir, but if we open a piece o' mail and see the word "congratulations," we typical immediate throw in the round file next to our desk. 

congratulations, you may have just won...

congratulations, your good credit...

congratulations, you are over forty and have a pulse...

am trying to recall the last time we gots a written congrats that weren't accompanied by evil.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Poppy****

Hepatitis

Mongoose

Cloggage

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the single most evil sounding thing nowadays:

Private gun ownership.

A right that used to be one of the most natural things in the world, a symbol of freedom, owning a tool for self defense and hunting is now associated with crime, mental disability and school killing sprees.

Now thats one 180 if I ever saw one, huh? 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

OK. How can the word 'hepatitis' have got WORSE?

-Elwood Blues

OK. How can the word 'hepatitis' have got WORSE?

It sounds like an evil mage in some RPG.

• Like 1

Thing that now sounds literally evil: the wind. Seriously. This weather is awful.

-Elwood Blues

Dr Who.

_71916967_drwhoface.jpg

I've decided that whole recent business was him concocting a fantasy world only he 'knows' about where he didn't slaughter his whole species.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues