Thanksgiving Plans

BruceVC

Yeah I'm nosy :biggrin:

So what are our American members doing for the long weekend and how are you celebrating?

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks!

Having a few friends over

Much food and drink

The holiday drink list currently includes

-Hot toddy 

-Pumpkin spice eggnog w/ spiced rum

-Mulled wine

-Champagne

Cheese platter

-prosciutto

-salami

-sour cherry jam

-jalapeno raspberry jam

-crackers

-truffled gouda

-sottocenere al tartufo

-parmesan

-gruyere

-havarti

-manchego

-stilton

-pears

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm eating a steak, drinking bourbon, and relaxing.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I attended a High School football game that has been held for 71 years.  It is usually a pretty lopsided game because one team is in a higher division, but this year my wife's school played hard and kept it competitive, losing by 20 but putting 29 points up on the board.  Now the kids are resting and I'm making some brussel sprouts.  I cook them in olive oil and salt and pepper.  My wife is making sweet potatoes and deviled eggs, and we will be heading to her mom's house for turkey in a little bit.

Tonight I'm going to get an Ipad mini from Walmart.  It's $299, but you get a $100 gift card with it, so that's a pretty nice deal.  Luckily our local Walmart is pretty tame, we don't get the long lines or anything. 

• Like 1

Dinner with the family and friend, from which I just got back from. Mend hangover and prepare for the shopping coming up next.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Had plans to play Euro Truck Sim 2, ended up starting KOTOR 2, after realizing I can not back up a MAN truck to save my life, or the lives of any pedestrians in Salzburg. It's a fun game, though, I'll stick with it. Pivot-point physics on a fixed plane are remarkably challenging. 

Haven't seen any shopping deals that I desperately want ... maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Work work.

Every time alanshu posts here, DA3 has another bug. Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Work work.

Every time alanshu posts here, DA3 has another bug.

:lol:

Oh you guys ....

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Lady GD had to work the previous night so I cooked. I cooked a turkey breast in the smoker for 5 hours and we had an intimate candlelight dinner on the porch (weather has been nice) of turkey, steamed mixed veggies (all fresh from the garden) and whipped sweet potato casserole & home made bread and a nice slightly sweet Riesling white wine. It was definitely one of the best T-giving dinners I've ever had and that is owed more to the company than the cooking!

And my dog made out ok too, I cut chunks of turkey breast into his dinner!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell