What you did today

Rosbjerg

To be honest I'm more BuSab.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fortunately I found it when I was looking for a shotgun slug shell to ''unlock'' the door with my shotgun. 

Not wishing to sound pedestrian. But wouldn't a locksmith have made more sense?

Actually, I'm more baffled by the fact that he either keeps a spare shotgun outside his house, or regularly brings it with himself to business meetings.   :blink:

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Today I was in a hurry when I left my house to go to a business meeting, when I came back I realized I lost my key to my bedroom/living room. I hadn't the slightest clue where I put it and I couldn't disassemble the lock or use my lock picks because my tools are all stored in my living room. Kicking the door in wasn't an option because it opened in my direction and using my 20lbs railway hammer wouldn't have worked either because its a door with a 1'' thick hardened steel core. 

Windows? Yeah, they're are not accessible with a ladder smaller than those installed on fire trucks, its a three story house. Prybar - nope, steel frame. 

Fortunately I found it when I was looking for a shotgun slug shell to ''unlock'' the door with my shotgun. I'm sure one 1 ounce 2 3/4 slug to the locking bar would have done the trick without messing up the entire door (it would have repairable), the guys in A-Stan do that all the time when clearing houses. ;)

I'm tired.

Locksmiths are arrogant bastards around here, the nearest one is an hours drive away and just for picking the lock he would have charged me a couple hundred bucks no joke (plus extra nighttime charge) if it would have been pick-able. Its a very special complex lock. Been there, done that, paid a lot. 

Believe it or not but shooting the locking lug with a shotgun slug and replacing the damaged part of the door myself would have been way easier on my piggy bank. (And more entertaining as well)

Actually, I'm more baffled by the fact that he either keeps a spare shotgun outside his house, or regularly brings it with himself to business meetings.   :blink:

I didn't lock myself out, it was a door inside my house.

*edit*

I don't want to give the impression that I like shooting stuff at random, at one point removing the lock with the aid of a firearm was a viable, logical option, compared to the effectiveness of other tools and alternatives I had access to in that situation. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Being armed in a meeting means that meeting will be over pretty quick, so a good idea to me!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I was in a hurry when I left my house to go to a business meeting, when I came back I realized I lost my key to my bedroom/living room. I hadn't the slightest clue where I put it and I couldn't disassemble the lock or use my lock picks because my tools are all stored in my living room. Kicking the door in wasn't an option because it opened in my direction and using my 20lbs railway hammer wouldn't have worked either because its a door with a 1'' thick hardened steel core. 

Windows? Yeah, they're are not accessible with a ladder smaller than those installed on fire trucks, its a three story house. Prybar - nope, steel frame. 

Fortunately I found it when I was looking for a shotgun slug shell to ''unlock'' the door with my shotgun. I'm sure one 1 ounce 2 3/4 slug to the locking bar would have done the trick without messing up the entire door (it would have repairable), the guys in A-Stan do that all the time when clearing houses. ;)

I'm tired.

Locksmiths are arrogant bastards around here, the nearest one is an hours drive away and just for picking the lock he would have charged me a couple hundred bucks no joke (plus extra nighttime charge) if it would have been pick-able. Its a very special complex lock. Been there, done that, paid a lot. 

Believe it or not but shooting the locking lug with a shotgun slug and replacing the damaged part of the door myself would have been way easier on my piggy bank. (And more entertaining as well)

I didn't lock myself out, it was a door inside my house.

*edit*

I don't want to give the impression that I like shooting stuff at random, at one point removing the lock with the aid of a firearm was a viable, logical option, compared to the effectiveness of other tools and alternatives I had access to in that situation. 

Woldan don't be embarrassed I'm sure all of us in some RPG have resorted to violence to open doors, its lazy but not completely out of the ordinary. Sometimes your lock-picking skill is just not high enough.

I mean its not like you doing this in RL  

:p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Being armed in a meeting means that meeting will be over pretty quick, so a good idea to me!

Clearly you've never been in a hostage situation.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

All hands meetings at work come close, no ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh god, I hated those when I worked in marketing.. I would always nod off at the most inappropriate times.

and big date tomorrow with a cute 20year old. I know, they seem to be getting younger, but I can't help it. Everything is just so.. firm.. at that age.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm more alarmed by the fact that he was in his own house, and whatever's in that room with the steel door is more important than his guns.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm more alarmed by the fact that he was in his own house, and whatever's in that room with the steel door is more important than his guns.

My BED is in there! If there is one thing I value more than guns, weights, the woods, the well being of humanity and the whole goddamn universe its a good sleep in my heavenly bed. When I haven't had a good sleep I'm so pissed that whole cities perish under my wrath.

Oh god, I hated those when I worked in marketing.. I would always nod off at the most inappropriate times.

and big date tomorrow with a cute 20year old. I know, they seem to be getting younger, but I can't help it. Everything is just so.. firm.. at that age.

Good luck!

I haven't had much luck with girls younger than me, couldn't stand their mental unstableness, attitude and general behavior.

Maybe its just me but according to my experiences women change a LOT when they reach their late twenties and get mentally AND physically 10000% more attractive when they approach the magical 30. But thats probably just me. Carry on soldier.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

At least your friends are ready to do something else than provide bad ideas: "why do you date college freshmen, you should have a real woman, preferably a single mother" :p

Why single mothers? Do your friends want to see you suffer or something?

I've got a date with an economics major tomorrow, I enjoy the...firmness as well. I wish you luck, you bald debaucher.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

At least your friends are ready to do something else than provide bad ideas: "why do you date college freshmen, you should have a real woman, preferably a single mother" :p

Why single mothers? Do your friends want to see you suffer or something?

I've got a date with an economics major tomorrow, I enjoy the...firmness as well. I wish you luck, you bald debaucher.

Economics majors rule. I have a (lunch) date (unfortunately) with one tomorrow, as well. :p Well, former one.

The big problem is that at 20, they're all firm. I have discovered no way of knowing which ones still are at, say, 40.

My theory is that my **** square friends are deeply envious of my lack of need to conform and wish to visit their own suffering on me.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh. That reminds me of a quote.

"Of course you're hot. You're a 19 year old girl. You're SUPPOSED to be hot. When you're 40 and still able to say you're hot, then come back to me and I'll be impressed."

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

:lol:

Speak to Oby, we'll get you a nice Russian :thumbsup:

A Russian woman? But... I already have cats... and atleast they do something useful, like keep vermin away. And they can probably be taught to cook & clean!

Bad ideas? They want me to get a girlfriend!

Me! :blink: 

Also... Trap roulette... >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Russian women are great to argue with, though.  Though the couple I know sure have a grimdark temperament.

Russian women are great to argue with, though.  Though the couple I know sure have a grimdark temperament.

Granted I don't know many, but I've met a few of those brides when working with my mother.

When I was cleaning the bookshelves at one place and told her why she looked absolutely perplexed.

"Shelves get dusty...?"

:banghead:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Economics majors rule. I have a (lunch) date (unfortunately) with one tomorrow, as well. :p Well, former one.

I know, as I am one.

The big problem is that at 20, they're all firm. I have discovered no way of knowing which ones still are at, say, 40.

My theory is that my **** square friends are deeply envious of my lack of need to conform and wish to visit their own suffering on me.

I dunno, I can understand them trying to get you to go for an older woman(and I see nothing wrong with dating a 30ish woman), but the single mother thing comes off as downright creepy.

I think the grimdark is a pretty big turnoff.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Granted I don't know many, but I've met a few of those brides when working with my mother.

When I was cleaning the bookshelves at one place and told her why she looked absolutely perplexed.

"Shelves get dusty...?"

Well if you cover them with books, they don't.  :D  Or try to get air flowing across them, but really no one tries to manage airflow to that degree in one's home. 

"Shelves get dusty...?"

Well if you cover them with books, they don't.  :D  Or try to get air flowing across them, but really no one tries to manage airflow to that degree in one's home. 

I'm confused. Why are we debating covering Russian single mothers with books?

• Like 4

-Elwood Blues

"Shelves get dusty...?"

I'm confused. Why are we debating covering Russian single mothers with books?

Because the hot librarian appeals to everyone, add in a foreign accent and it's all about the smart, pretty girls with imagination who read...?

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Nothing worse than clumsy cheating.

Boss told me my contract will be prolonged for another 6 months if I want to. I was reluctant to accept but she guaranteed that I'd get a professional adviser on really serious situations, so I'll accept at the end of the week. I might not always love my job, but at the end of the day, it will provide the income I need. Can't be naive and think I can land another job just like that.