The general fitness thread

Woldan

There is little we can't do with time and determination, and bettering ourself is something that we should all strive for. However, there is only 24 hours in our day(usually it seems like much less) and there are many venues to better our life, which is why we pick and choose.

I have a full time job but I've always found time for my 70 minute workout 5 days a week with 8 hours of sleep. Those who don't have 70 minutes of free time per day are doing something very wrong and should either get better at scheduling their days or change their unhealthy lifestyle. The only excuse I accept are parents with newborns. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Managed to graunch my spine at work somehow. I'm in quite a lot of pain just now.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been slacking lately, likely due to finals and a hectic work schedule. Going to do intense cardio tomorrow.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Back no longer in crisis. But by God it hurt.

So easy to get blase about the damage that happened. :)

DO NOT F*** UP YOUR SPINES, GENTLEMEN.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Did dumbbell triceps extensions, triceps overhead curls, flies and 5 sets of dumbbell bench presses, tried to do them with 90° angled arms just to see if it makes any difference if the weights are further away from the chest than usual ( with 60 degree hammer grip). I found out that it helps to target the upper chest, at the expense of the lower chest, its very hard to stabilize the weights that way, very demanding - great exercise for auxiliary muscles.

And the only ''good'' thing (more or less) about winter is that sunny weather and hikes / climbing doesn't distract me from exercising like a maniac and setting new goals. Try to see the good in everything.

I feel the need to contribute

*snip pic*

Thats one reason why I stay the hell away from gyms.

Edited by Woldan

I have a full time job but I've always found time for my 70 minute workout 5 days a week with 8 hours of sleep. Those who don't have 70 minutes of free time per day are doing something very wrong and should either get better at scheduling their days or change their unhealthy lifestyle. The only excuse I accept are parents with newborns. 

Or don't work in software, you'd be surprised at how much time and will that eats up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not sure why it is only parents with newborns.  My toddler has put the kibosh on plenty potential workouts.

So Tuesday I went for a run.  I had homework clinic after work, and it is dark by the time I get home, so I thought I'd do a quick run before my first class.  

The only issue was I was wearing boxers.  Somehow I got a rash on a very sensitive area from running.  It hurts to pee now.

Somehow I got a rash on a very sensitive area from running.

We understand. We don't judge you. Even if you're married.

On topic, how to make your wife happy: Buy her a barbell with weights. She's been at it for four months now. Love the fact she has a hobby. Maybe even I'll pick up some muscle on those flabby* arms of mine.

* - While I am used to carrying heavy loads, I seem to have permanently thin arms. Which kind of looks hilarious considering I have massive legs.

• Like 1

Thinking of letting my personal trainer go next year. I feel bad about it but I've had to cancel and reschedule at the last minute so much do to work that it's easier to just work out on my own when I have the time

PS tomorrow marks 3 weeks of no soda and my cravings haven't gone away or even lessened at all. I don't know what it is that I'm so addicted to since I don't want caffeine or sugar from other sources. In fact my second favorite soda is caffeine free Pepsi and I don't eat any candy or sweets or junk food

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Oh right!

The reason why you should work out in a gym and not at home:

g0vp2w1_zps0155a9f9.gif

Shamelessly stolen from Imgur since the pics I took myself were too blurry:

gymgirls_zpsa37cd5a7.jpg

So yeah. Motivation enough.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh right!

The reason why you should work out in a gym and not at home:

g0vp2w1_zps0155a9f9.gif

This is why I go to the gym. The view is just too good to pass up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't see how drooling would be safe with all the machines.

-Elwood Blues

Honestly I wouldn't appreciate distractions, even pleasant ones such as this. If I'd go to a gym I'd do it to get stuff done and improve my strength and endurance, distractions is the last thing I'd need. No half-arsery here. 

Edited by Woldan

• 4 weeks later...

Today I did deadlifts with two dumbbells instead of a barbell using close stance, surprisingly that exercise gets easily 200% harder when using two independent weights, I tried to perform this exercise with a little less weight than I usually use when doing normal barbell deadlifts but in the end I had to drop 30 kilograms (1/5) until I could perform them without cheating or rounding my back. 

I did them with feet almost touching, keeping the back straight and then its like standing up with two suitcases in your hands each weighing 65 kilograms. 3 sets of 8 repetitions. 

It also feels much back-friendlier (The weight is neither behind nor in front of your center of gravity)  and boy, does it build abs! Whenever I lifted those weights from the floor my abs tensed up so much I almost puked my guts out. One hell of a core builder. 

Soo what kind of exercise to stay fit the regular folk around here have been doing?

16436993_low.jpg

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I haven't been sleeping normal hours for several weeks. That must be many thousands of extra calories burned right there.

Slept ten last night though. I feel a bit weird, but good.

-Elwood Blues

Managed another good night's sleep. Obscurely proud of myself.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues