What you did today

Rosbjerg

Audis. My road safety attitude actually factors in whether a car is an Audi in deciding how they will behave.

I DRIVE AN AUDI

So, you go from anthromorphic to helping anthromorphic people with their costumes? That's quite the transition.

Bought the V70 btw.

It's our official company car, so I've spent a lot of hours and miles in them. It's actually a surprisingly good car, so.. good choice.

This seemed appropriate: http://imgur.com/gallery/bsgzm

Mean Volvo :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"And that's concludes this days lesson in how cars are made."

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Audis. My road safety attitude actually factors in whether a car is an Audi in deciding how they will behave.

I DRIVE AN AUDI

I'm going to assume it's you driving ALL the audis which keep trying to run me over.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My wife wants to get an Audi or a BMW but I'm not a big fan

Porsche and Land Rover are the go to midlife-crisis-and/or-douchebag-mobiles here in Denver

I have a hybrid but I refuse to eat soy paste and wear birkenstocks*

*unless they are certified organic, sustainably grown, cruelty free, and ethically made

Oh god it's happening!

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Porsche and Land Rover are the go to midlife-crisis-and/or-douchebag-mobiles here in Denver

*unless they are certified organic, sustainably grown, cruelty free, and ethically made

Oh god it's happening!

Instead of driving a hybrid laden with batteries, you could just continue to run your old car instead. Don't know if it's still valid to be honest, but batteries are horribly toxic to the environment, not to mention that you spend alot of energy to build a new car. So you get to choose between toxicity in the environment, or greenhouse gases. Yay.

Still, this could've been made better the last few years, but I'm pessimistic enough to very much doubt it.

I wish they could've gone and made ethanol production more efficient personally, best use of alcohol ever. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The hybrid is my only car. Sure, I had another car before this one but I traded that sucker in when I got this new car to lower my payments and I'm not sure of the environmental impact because I only got it to save money on gas. Speaking of which I now have to get gas half as often.

The Audi or BMW would be a second car though I can't say I wouldn't like something much, much cheaper

Yes, I'm a cheap bastard  :yes:

Free games updated 3/4/21

Pfft! You could've spent some of that money on a tank twice as big! ;D

Can't say I blame you though, then again, you guys don't pay roughly 8 dollars per gallon of petrol yet. ;)

• Like 1

It's 3:15 and I have class in about 5 hours.. ugh.. for some reason the influenza totally wrecked my internal clock and sleep pattern. I don't really get tired unless I'm up for 18-20ish hours and I'm dead tired unless I sleep +10 hours.

Not great for trying to keep up with school and consequently I've hardly been to class for the last week. Perhaps an 'all nighter' to try to set it right.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm. I seem to have gotten switched into that awkward cycle where I'm not feeling tired late at night. So I start reading , then get to around 4 or 5am, and try forcing myself to sleep before it gets ridiculously late. Then wake up a few hours later, go through the morning fairly tired, and find myself awake and not tired when night falls. If I just try forcing myself to sleep instead of read, it ends up being a few hours of staring at the ceiling and not sleeping instead.  If this keeps up, it could get awkward....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh god it's happening!

If you'd bought a Prius, I would be worried about impending hippie doom, but that Q50 is a frickin manly hybrid.   

Today I scored a free PS4 game after buying two others in a blue-tinged bloodbath online. One of the games, Lego Marvel Super Heroes became 'out-of-stock' in the intervening seconds between Add To Cart and Proceed to Checkout. Killzone Shadowfall and Assassin's Creed IV will be here Thursday.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Despite all the work I had to do, I just could not let a day like this go by. So I walked down to the creek, sat at the base of a huge sweet gum tree and read a book. Almost all day. It was a pretty good day. 

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Despite all the work I had to do, I just could not let a day like this go by. So I walked down to the creek, sat at the base of a huge sweet gum tree and read a book. Almost all day. It was a pretty good day. 

"Did you see a Steamboat  come floating down the Mississippi while you basked in the sun Huckleberry?" :lol:

I love the things you can do during the day GD, it reminds me of some romantic novel. I only read about the things you can do on a daily basis  :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol:  Sorry to disappoint Bruce but that creek is small enough I can jump across it in most places. And most of my days are far from romantic. They are usually spent sweating over a CAD program, or an RF design app called the Beast, or any one of a hundred vendor web sites trying to buy top quality routers, DAS receivers, & 900 nm fiber optic cable for the lowest prices! Not really romantic but I appreciate the thought! :lol:

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have a splitting headache, big cases piling up, paperwork I've put in a location so secure I can't quite find it myself and a secretary who's even more disturbing on her few "good" days than on the usual cranky ones.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I've started planning a 4-day winter-hike/camping trip to the top of our highest mountain, the Grossglockner (~3800m) for mid-January. Turns out I need to upgrade my equipment for such trip, I need better climbing-snowshoes, a new jacket and a sleeping bag for temperatures below -30 Celsius, two ice picks and a new cooker and a portable snow shovel. I hope my Christmas bonus is big enough so I can afford all that essential stuff.

The biggest problem however is not the money but finding somebody who accompanies me on that trip. Going alone would be too dangerous and all of my friends don't feel able enough for that climb in winter conditions. :(

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I've started planning a 4-day winter-hike/camping trip to the top of our highest mountain, the Grossglockner (~3800m) for mid-January. Turns out I need to upgrade my equipment for such trip, I need better climbing-snowshoes, a new jacket and a sleeping bag for temperatures below -30 Celsius, two ice picks and a new cooker and a portable snow shovel. I hope my Christmas bonus is big enough so I can afford all that essential stuff.

The biggest problem however is not the money but finding somebody who accompanies me on that trip. Going alone would be too dangerous and all of my friends don't feel able enough for that climb in winter conditions. :(

Surly in a place like Austria there must be loads of Mountain Climbing groups and societies, you could find one and join them can't you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been wondering if Nonek's evil twin would be called Yesnek or Has-a-neck.

Guard Dog seems easier: Prison Cat

And I guess Walsingham would be: Walsingvegan

Or Bodypoppingvegan?

EDIT:

Recliningrabbi?

SUBEDIT: Immobilemullah

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I was 15 years younger... and in Austria... and you brought beer, I'd totally be there with you! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

I'll be sure to be thinking about you, when I'm sitting infront of my fireplace with warm cocoa. ;)

• Like 1

I'd go with Woldan, but I don't live in Austria and have to work on a paper.

Today I'm working and a bit sad a certain thread is gone.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands