What you did today

Rosbjerg

I can't find my credit card...

I just found one, neat how the world works sometimes!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I brought my computer back into town for the first time since I downloaded Shadowrun. I'll see if Valve has fixed their offline mode. I'm not holding my breath.

Uplay was a bugger updating. It wouldn't log me in and accept the password I changed a while back. I had to take off the Start in Offline mode option. Only then would it accept my real login info.

Also, apparently my DA2 update is about the size of 1/3 to half of the total game.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

You like ''The Brick''?  :w00t:

The Volvo 245/745 series? Hell. Yes.

The turbo version is awesome, and my father and I have had some awesome amounts of fun with his one, drilled (Bore from 96 to 96.3) B230 engine with a 531 cylinder head with widened ports, 9:1 compression (For E85), piano wire in the block, rebalanced everything, sharpened cam, lightened flywheel, Garrett turbo (Can't remember the exact make, but good for 400-500 HP) Detroit-diff and an reinforced M90.

8.788s/139KM/h on 200 metres dragrace.

We lose alot of time in the shifting, the M90 gearbox has ****ty ratios and pop has'nt gotten the shifts down perfectly. We should be able to push under 8 with a better gearbox and better shifts.

Also, we could lighten the car, pull seats and whatnot, but it's his normal day to day car aswell, so that's really not much of an option. ;)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, I may be getting a Volvo V70 instead of a truck of any kind.

One of my friends is declaring I shouldn't get it beceause it's a "Lesbian" car, but I'm thinking more along my dads lines in that it's a "Family" car.

What the hell does "lesbian car" even mean?  That it dates other cars?  WTF?

I guess this is some sort of weird twist on the car as a status symbol - now it "tells people who you are, really" or some ****?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

One of my friends is declaring I shouldn't get it beceause it's a "Lesbian" car, but I'm thinking more along my dads lines in that it's a "Family" car.

I guess this is some sort of weird twist on the car as a status symbol - now it "tells people who you are, really" or some ****?

Statistically, it is the most common vehicle for lesbians to have sex in.*

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It does work fairly well actually. You can be pretty certain that a person driving a Porche Cayenne is one MASSIVE wanker. They seem to act like they own the road because they're in a Porsche SUV...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I showed it to a friend and apparently it's a car that lesbian soccer moms use (her exact words).

I'm probably gonna get it, as it's everything I need/want in a vehicle. And the only issue is something I'll have to deal with down the road. But I won't have any money to visit home and collect it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's a Porche SUV?  Isn't that like the car equivalent of a mullet hair cut?

Oh yeah, it's hideous and it's silly.

Porsche_Cayenne_S_%2892A%29_%E2%80%93_Fr

• Like 1

It does work fairly well actually. You can be pretty certain that a person driving a Porche Cayenne is one MASSIVE wanker. They seem to act like they own the road because they're in a Porsche SUV...

As somebody who lives in a town inundated with luxury vehicles*, it is my opinion that the Luxury-SUV-Wanker-Factor is highest with Land Rovers.  Particularly Land Rovers with "Diplomat" license plates. 

*  I have, at various times, tried to make little metrics of this, for example, by comparing the number of Mercedes versus the number of Fords I encounter while walking home.  Another shorthand illustration I use in making this point is that my house is within walking distance of a Bentley dealership. 

P.S., I drive a 2001 Corolla.  And the most lesbian car is a Subaru Forrester. 

• Like 1

^ A friend of mine died in an accident driving a Porsche Cayenne on the German Autobahn. With 200 km/h he hit another car while trying to overtake, hit a guardrail which made the car roll itself into oblivion. The sunroof opened during the roll overs and the centrifugal forces forced him through the sunroof, he got stuck there and the heavy car rolled over his head and torso a couple of  times. His friend on the passenger seat who used the seatbelt was unharmed. 
The moral of the story: Use seatbelts! And sunroofs suck. And last but not least: avoid accidents. DUH!

What I did today; I chopped firewood. All day long. And then I chopped some more firewood.... *groan*

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

As somebody who lives in a town inundated with luxury vehicles*, it is my opinion that the Luxury-SUV-Wanker-Factor is highest with Land Rovers.  Particularly Land Rovers with "Diplomat" license plates. 

*  I have, at various times, tried to make little metrics of this, for example, by comparing the number of Mercedes versus the number of Fords I encounter while walking home.  Another shorthand illustration I use in making this point is that my house is within walking distance of a Bentley dealership. 

Really? Over here, the Wanker factor is universally the highest amongst Porsche owners, then it moves down to Audi/BMW tie, with the SUV owners being the king of the hill of the respective brands. Merc owners are owners of pizza shops here, and they're pretty nice guys actually!

The best drivers here are owners of old yankee cars. Probably because any turn is associated with mortal danger. ;)

I don't agree about the Forester, I'd say Suzuki Samurai.

I don't drive it, but I have a Volvo Amazon (Volvo 121) - the only sexier Volvo is the 1800 (If you've seen The Saint, Roger Moore version).

^ A friend of mine died in an accident driving a Porsche Cayenne on the German Autobahn. With 200 km/h he hit another car while trying to overtake, hit a guardrail which made the car roll itself into oblivion. The sunroof opened during the roll overs and the centrifugal forces forced him through the sunroof, he got stuck there and the heavy car rolled over his head and torso a couple of  times. His friend on the passenger seat who used the seatbelt was unharmed. 

The moral of the story: Use seatbelts! And sunroofs suck. And last but not least: avoid accidents. DUH!

What I did today; I chopped firewood. All day long. And then I chopped some more firewood.... *groan*

Sorry about your friend, but I can't believe someone in this day and age would drive without a seatbelt. Getting rolled over by an SUV ought to do it, damn...

It's saved my life several times.

I had to stop chopping by hand, and use the hydraulic splitter instead. The religious neighbours hated seeing my semi nude self chopping wood, when they had their singalong-BS-for-youth. Was a bit of an self confidence injection to turn around and see three teen girls stare at me (When I had just turned 18, and was fit).

Edited by Azdeus

Audis. My road safety attitude actually factors in whether a car is an Audi in deciding how they will behave.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Audis. My road safety attitude actually factors in whether a car is an Audi in deciding how they will behave.

Thanks for the PM btw!

No worries, mate. For those who can't read my hysterical 'shouting',

THERE ARE VIRUS LADEN IMAGES IN THE ATTRACTIVE WOMAN THREAD

Do not access that thread. I've notified the mods. Hopefully it can be taken down asap.

No ****ing prizes for guessing who posted them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Really? Over here, the Wanker factor is universally the highest amongst Porsche owners, then it moves down to Audi/BMW tie, with the SUV owners being the king of the hill of the respective brands. Merc owners are owners of pizza shops here, and they're pretty nice guys actually!

I should say that my impression is based primarily on the degree to which drivers pay attention to pedestrians while in a relatively urban environment.  Highway behavior might well be very different.  The Land Rover drivers that I most often find myself at odds with tend to be trophy wives looking for parking spots near the nail salon. 

I can't post an event log, because I don't know how to dig it out of my system. I have pretty high end antivirus that was set up for me, not by me. But it was full ****ing red alert. Everything from the

www.7image.ru/pics/0813/...

site, pretty much. If your system didn't pick up on it I'd recommend a full scrub with lysterine.

-Elwood Blues

Always thought a Pontiac Vibe would be a good lesbian car. Today, sadly, all the bank workers are back to work so means commuting will suck even more and work will be busy. Though it is funny how I have to care more than clients about something they are paying for...but eh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I should say that my impression is based primarily on the degree to which drivers pay attention to pedestrians while in a relatively urban environment.  Highway behavior might well be very different.  The Land Rover drivers that I most often find myself at odds with tend to be trophy wives looking for parking spots near the nail salon. 

Round here there's a strange dichotomy between worn down rusted, trucks, and luxury vehicles. With a young chinese student who's got a bloody nissan GT-R.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Land Rovers are really rare around my parts, I've only seen one, and it was modified for extreme terrain driving and used as an tractor more than an car really. I live on the countryside and the most common car here is just a normal roadcar, the only exception is my uncles King Cab.

When in town here, you're not able to actually get anywhere near the shops with a car, you have to walk there really. Small town and all. But when I was working in Gothenburg I lost track of how many times they did something insane; Like ignore the warning lights on our truck.

Ironically, the most careful people on the road here are the racers... They atleast try to make certain they're alone on the road or block the road before trying some crazy stuff.

Interesting. I'm getting harassed by someone from this forum on social media. I'm not into naming and shaming so that's all I'm going to say other than that, but I'm surprised that it's this place that it's coming from.

I see you, baby. Shaking that ass.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Interesting. I'm getting harassed by someone from this forum on social media. I'm not into naming and shaming so that's all I'm going to say other than that, but I'm surprised that it's this place that it's coming from.

Trolling via your Youtube account from that LP video you linked long ago or something similar ?