What you did today

Rosbjerg

Wow, this night might go down as one of the most melodramatic (and stupid) ever.. Girl is a asleep.. but not the right one..

Ugh, full story some other time if you guys want it...

Don't pull an Assange, now!
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hilarious mixed communication today. I rang an agency to try and wheedle some negative/positive feedback about a failed application, and they ended up scheduling me an interview!

I can only assume that it is my mellifluous speaking voice. :)

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait what?

I'm not sure why, but I wonder what happened to Shryke?

I'm guessing he settled down with a few dozen girls on a secluded ranch somewhere in the NZ mountains and is quietly enjoying his days.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm guessing he settled down with a few dozen girls on a secluded ranch somewhere in the NZ mountains and is quietly enjoying his days.

To quote from The Cat... :  "Hey, I want to settle down. And as soon as I find the right small group of girls, the seven or eight women who are right for me, my wandering days are over, buddy."

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wait what?

Beware of sleeping girls, especially after they find out that they are not the right one. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:banghead:

Nothing like looking forward to doing a new job search...

...6 months after you did the last one.

Nothing like losing a good employee...

...just as you hit the busiest time in your schedule and need all hands.

:aiee:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Beware of sleeping girls, especially after they find out that they are not the right one. :p

Heh, yeah .. I'm usually pretty upfront about it though, but there certainly is a truth to Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.. ;)

As to what happened... I wrote a pretty long story heh, but decided against posting it.. I wanted to have some alone time with a very cute bartender, she likes me and I like her - and last night was a great chance, but then my ex shows up and after that another girl I was flirting with who was very gropey. The bartender got pissed (the timing was impeccably bad on both accounts) and I ended up going home with the flirt instead. Thereby pretty much burning my bridge with the girl I actually wanted.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

You change employers that frequently Tep? Are you a contract worker?

One of my employees resigned on short notice.  So now I have to find a new one. :(

Also we're heading into our peak period. :(

Which means I probably won't be able to conduct a job search until mid-January so now I have to force other people to do the job load of the now departed employee for 2-3 months. >_

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Heh, yeah .. I'm usually pretty upfront about it though, but there certainly is a truth to Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.. ;)

As to what happened... I wrote a pretty long story heh, but decided against posting it.. I wanted to have some alone time with a very cute bartender, she likes me and I like her - and last night was a great chance, but then my ex shows up and after that another girl I was flirting with who was very gropey. The bartender got pissed (the timing was impeccably bad on both accounts) and I ended up going home with the flirt instead. Thereby pretty much burning my bridge with the girl I actually wanted.

Should have told the gropey girl to **** off, then.  Stay focused on the objective! :thumbsup:

Amazingly, we've gone a month without a resignation at work.  Well ok, one guy left to go to Germany (his wife got a posting there academically I believe) but that doesn't count. Maybe ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I ... would almost trade-in today's PS4 parcel post for a gropey three-girl dilemma. Almost.  :sweat:

Nevertheless, today I have to get a gift card for a buddy's b-day, then pick up a print copy of Game Informer magazine with the new Shadows of Mordor RPG on the cover, and then come home and power-down the Xbox to make room under the TV for the new Sony console. Looking forward to some pirates and gold acquisition this weekend. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Should have told the gropey girl to **** off, then.  Stay focused on the objective! :thumbsup:

Artist's impression of Ros.

• Like 7

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had a pretty creative day today, I needed a chest to store some stuff but instead of buying one I went to the hardware store, bought all the wood and parts and built one myself. I totally forgot how fun and relaxing woodwork is. I still need to stain and oil it though. 

And now I'm hand loading ammo for tomorrows range visit. 

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

'Finished' work at 4.30, picked up some food fixings, then drafting some written documents until just now.

I love that moment when you're working late, and suddenly you drift away and just listen to your fingers hammering the keys almost independently. I guess because it reminds me so much of being at uni, slaving away through the wee hours just before a deadline.

Remember, kids. In school they teach you to do work long in advance, but this skill is pointless in grownup jobs. You will never be given enough time, and the deadlines will move. Learn to do work at the last minute!

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

It's been a long week.  My wife is working late tonight, so I picked up my kids, went to the store and got a pizza, The Croods movie for my daughter, a skylanders character for my son, and Man of Steel for myself.  Now I'm going to kick back.  Unfortunately all the good TV's are occupied so I'll play games and watch Superman when they go to bed.

• Like 1

I had a pretty creative day today, I needed a chest to store some stuff but instead of buying one I went to the hardware store, bought all the wood and parts and built one myself. I totally forgot how fun and relaxing woodwork is. I still need to stain and oil it though. 

And now I'm hand loading ammo for tomorrows range visit. 

I don't know Woldan, a real man would have gone to the forest and chopped down the wood he needed to build the chest. Its clear society has made you weak and that worries me :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's been a long week.  My wife is working late tonight, so I picked up my kids, went to the store and got a pizza, The Croods movie for my daughter, a skylanders character for my son, and Man of Steel for myself.  Now I'm going to kick back.  Unfortunately all the good TV's are occupied so I'll play games and watch Superman when they go to bed.

I would just play games, MoS was pretty terrible.

Today I finished a paper, have another to do this weekend and study for an exam. Going to play video games, argue people on the internet, and then go to sleep.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This afternoon I am going to an underground Psy Trance party, its going to be epic

Then I have a g-friends b-day in the evening at a prominent club, that will continue to tomorrow morning. But I am on leave on Monday so I can recover and chill before work on Tuesday :sweat:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know Woldan, a real man would have gone to the forest and chopped down the wood he needed to build the chest. Its clear society has made you weak and that worries me :ermm:

Back when I was still a healthy manly man I used to craft my furniture from the remains of my enemies. Afternoon reality television, cake and diet coke has turned me into a shell of my former self. ;(

• Like 5

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hit the bars with my boss and a few co-workers. Still a wee bit drunk and no "action", got flat out over stimulated for the last hour (to much noise).

Tomorrow is a maybe.

Also, maybe it's because I haven't used my kidneys/liver that much, but I'm apparently able to metabolize and deal with booze way quicker than anyone else I know.

Edited by Calax
  • Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hit the bars with my boss and a few co-workers. Still a wee bit drunk and no "action", got flat out over stimulated for the last hour (to much noise).

Tomorrow is a maybe.

Also, maybe it's because I haven't used my kidneys/liver that much, but I'm apparently able to metabolize and deal with booze way quicker than anyone else I know.

Giving my liver a break this month should achieve the same thing.

-Elwood Blues