What you did today

Rosbjerg

I'd have gone if it was'nt for the fact that I live in Sweden, value my life, and more importantly that I have no constitution. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Oby's "main" cleaning up all the dirt throwing? Or the mods did'nt feel it was necessary.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Aww... Such a mundane non conspiratorial reason. :<

Aww... Such a mundane non conspiratorial reason. :<

That is your response?

Ros just admitted to being oby's alter ego!

And it all makes sense now. Ros admits to living in a state in which something is rotten. Oby points out the rotten nature of the west.

We should have made the connection ages ago.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Oh, ****!

Edited by Azdeus

Surly in a place like Austria there must be loads of Mountain Climbing groups and societies, you could find one and join them can't you?

Sadly nobody I know is interested in doing it in the middle of the winter. But less than perfect conditions is what makes a climb interesting. :p  I'll keep looking, though, I definitely want to do this.

I'd have gone if it was'nt for the fact that I live in Sweden, value my life, and more importantly that I have no constitution. :p

You call this life? You're only alive when you're at least 6 feet under 3500 meters above sea level, knee deep in snow, climbing a 45° slope with icicles hanging off you beard so long you could use them as climbing sticks! Everything else is just mere ''existence''.   :aiee:  :wowey: [/fanatic]

(I'm only half joking)

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You call this life? You're only alive when you're at least 6 feet under 3500 meters above sea level, knee deep in snow, climbing a 45° slope with icicles hanging off you beard so long you could use them as climbing sticks! Everything else is just mere ''existence''.   :aiee:  :wowey: [/fanatic]

(I'm only half joking)

Haha! Highest I've been above sealevel in my life is some 500 metres, in a Cessna! ;)

Kneedeep in snow, with icicles coming of my beard is what I get when fetching firewood! (On a really cold, proper, winter that is.)

If anything, life is sitting on the middle of the lake ice, by drilled holes - waiting for the fish to bite, sitting absolutely still and quiet and listening to the wind and ice...

I probably would love to do mountain climbing, if it was'nt for the fact that I have really bad health, most importantly a bad stomach, and don't want to stay away from modern... facilities, if I can help it. :)

Edited by Azdeus

So  I was watching the latest footage around Rob Ford the Mayor of Toronto that was filmed smoking crack cocaine. He finally said something I respect. He was being questioned by members of city hall and they were asking him about his drug usage and said to him "we are trying to help you "

He basically responded by saying " I don't need help as I'm not an addict, I did drugs as it was a stupid mistake but I'm not going to blame the fact I did drugs on some external reason like I'm depressed or suffering from stress"

I admire this kind of honesty, he is not saying he did drugs because of the Devil or because of a reason that wasn't his fault. He is saying he was drunk at the time and wanted to get wasted. Its rare to see this as most people in the public light will blame there drug taking on something else.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So  I was watching the latest footage around Rob Ford the Mayor of Toronto that was filmed smoking crack cocaine. He finally said something I respect. He was being questioned by members of city hall and they were asking him about his drug usage and said to him "we are trying to help you "

He basically responded by saying " I don't need help as I'm not an addict, I did drugs as it was a stupid mistake but I'm not going to blame the fact I did drugs on some external reason like I'm depressed or suffering from stress"

I admire this kind of honesty, he is not saying he did drugs because of the Devil or because of a reason that wasn't his fault. He is saying he was drunk at the time and wanted to get wasted. Its rare to see this as most people in the public light will blame there drug taking on something else.

You are assuming he is even telling the truth.  Seems like an alcoholic at least, to me. 

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are assuming he is even telling the truth.  Seems like an alcoholic at least, to me. 

Yes I agree, I am not saying he doesn't have issues around substance abuse. But its rare to see someone in his position who is telling the truth about why he did something. You could argue this is just a political strategy and he is doesn't have another choice but most people would still use a defence like " its all this stress...I need help "

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

f02d98d5f11c3ba4183423c8320f8261.jpg

520a614399b87-rob_ford_at_taste_of_the_d

rob-ford-owl1.jpg

h0s0F.gif

Rob Ford, greatest mayor ever.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Today I had a online-shopping spree and spent all my spare money on hobby stuff. Down to the last cent. Damn, I really doubt that flogging myself with a heavy rusty chain for hours will help me to get rid of my guilty feelings this time. :(

Today I had a online-shopping spree and spent all my spare money on hobby stuff. Down to the last cent. Damn, I really doubt that flogging myself with a heavy rusty chain for hours will help me to get rid of my guilty feelings this time. :(

Yeah, I've been eyeing a certain soft shell jacket for a while, but now that I can afford it, it's gone from all reputable places. Bought it from an Austrian Ebay seller, so if they rip me off, I'm going to hire you and your halloween costume to have a chat with him. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, I've been eyeing a certain soft shell jacket for a while, but now that I can afford it, it's gone from all reputable places. Bought it from an Austrian Ebay seller, so if they rip me off, I'm going to hire you and your halloween costume to have a chat with him. :p

Everybody needs a side job thanks to this blasted economy crisis! 

Whats so special about this particular softshell jacket? Is the jackets lining made of woven nymph hair or what?  :w00t: 

• Like 1

Everybody needs a side job thanks to this blasted economy crisis! 

Whats so special about this particular softshell jacket? Is the jackets lining made of woven nymph hair or what?  :w00t:

I liked the colour and looks like the manufacturer is discontinuing it. :p Just North Face, not anything Gucci, like Arc'teryx. Even I'm not crazy enough to buy Arc from ebay :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I liked the colour and looks like the manufacturer is discontinuing it. :p Just North Face, not anything Gucci, like Arc'teryx. Even I'm not crazy enough to buy Arc from ebay :)

Oh, color, yeah, that totally explains it. Must be a very special black or something.  :grin:

What I did today: I just had a heated discussion with that female person that gave birth to me. She wants a key to my door for ''emergencies'' in case I'm not feeling well / sick / injured / insert totally ridiculous situation and I can't help myself. I kindly told her to f*** off that I'm a grown-up man and not a helpless little pet animal, that my well-being is my concern and I'm not handing out keys to anyone. 

Why do mothers have to be so bloody irrational and overly protective? I thought I was being well past that time when I had arguments with my mother, now I feel like I'm a ten year old kid again.   :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

Why do mothers have to be so bloody irrational and overly protective? I thought I was being well past that time when I had arguments with my mother, now I feel like I'm a ten year old kid again.   :getlost:

Mothers will never see you as anything but the 10 year old boy with skinned knees, no matter how old you are.

Even if you've been acting the parent half the time , they'll still insist on saying things like "Don't you dare ride on the back of your friends bike! It's not safe!"   "What were you doing walking through that area at that time of night?! It's dangerous!"

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wow, this night might go down as one of the most melodramatic (and stupid) ever.. Girl is a asleep.. but not the right one..

Ugh, full story some other time if you guys want it...

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Wow, this night might go down as one of the most melodramatic (and stupid) ever.. Girl is a asleep.. but not the right one..

Ugh, full story some other time if you guys want it...

Yes we want it :)

It sounds like a another interesting pickle you are in

• Like 1

John Milton 

I'm not sure why, but I wonder what happened to Shryke?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein