What you did today

Rosbjerg

Fielding an angry angry ex, via email. She's angry because I wouldn't go out with her again. I won't go out with her again because she's unpredictable and angry.

The situation would be funny, but I've got a bad feeling about it.

Hey hooking up with an ex sometimes leads to pretty good stuff. But not if they're nuts!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Fielding an angry angry ex, via email. She's angry because I wouldn't go out with her again. I won't go out with her again because she's unpredictable and angry.

Why did you even answer her mail?

I simply ignore crazy people, saves me a lot of trouble and valuable time. 

The trick is spotting them BEFORE you become involved with them!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey hooking up with an ex sometimes leads to pretty good stuff. But not if they're nuts!

I disagree, hooking up with a crazy ex can make for an interesting weekend.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Depends on your definition of "good stuff".

Also, it's not yet quite noon, and I've already billed more than today's target. Now it's just greed keeping me here instead of going home to watch last night's phins-saints.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*relieved chuckle*

As some of you will undoubtedly understand, it's worked itself out. The barrage of invective I was receiving had apparently been prompted by HER blaming ME for HER wanting to sleep with me "all the time."

There's an appealingly physical solution presenting itself. But I don't think it's the way forward, unfortunately. What she actually needs is a bit more faith in her non-physical qualities, so she can chase fresh prey.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone here still remember my jinxed rifle that shot so far left it missed the target at 50yds even with the front sight drifted all the way to the left to compensate? My gunsmith just called me, he shot the rifle and he made group at 50 right in the middle of the target with the front sight adjusted back into the middle position.

He did not experience any shot stringing to the left at all. He used a different kind of ammunition but I too tried more than one manufacturer. Now I would look like an idiot who cant shoot for sh!t if I hadn't let three other people shoot it with the exact same result. 

I've always found that this specific rifle looked strange but now everything makes sense! Now I'm really scared of it, it definitely has a soul and it hates me.  :aiee:

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

*relieved chuckle*

As some of you will undoubtedly understand, it's worked itself out. The barrage of invective I was receiving had apparently been prompted by HER blaming ME for HER wanting to sleep with me "all the time."

There's an appealingly physical solution presenting itself. But I don't think it's the way forward, unfortunately. What she actually needs is a bit more faith in her non-physical qualities, so she can chase fresh prey.

I hate being in that situation, btw.

Anyone here still remember my jinxed rifle that shot so far left it missed the target at 50yds even with the front sight drifted all the way to the left to compensate? My gunsmith just called me, he shot the rifle and he made group at 50 right in the middle of the target with the front sight adjusted back into the middle position.

He did not experience any shot stringing to the left at all. He used a different kind of ammunition but I too tried more than one manufacturer. Now I would look like an idiot who cant shoot for sh!t if I hadn't let three other people shoot it with the exact same result. 

I've always found that this specific rifle looked strange but now everything makes sense! Now I'm really scared of it, it definitely has a soul and it hates me.  :aiee:

double 10s on the magical weapon chart

• Like 1

reddit taught me "Never stick your d*ck in crazy"

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

*relieved chuckle*

I hate being in that situation, btw.

It hasn't happened to me...

*thinks*

...OK, so it's happening to me with two different women right now. But it doesn't feel like it SHOULD be happening to me in the way it did when I was in my 'golden years'. :lol:

Anyway, the point is I'm relatively relaxed about it by now. You just have to be clear what you want life to look like, set your own personal rules for what will make that happen, and then hold the line like a Victorian colour serjeant. In this case it means one simple thing: don't sleep with her. Provided I don't do that then I retain my moral freedom of action.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

double 10s on the magical weapon chart

Its definitely a womans soul thats trapped in there. I've always been so nice to the rifle even though it annoyed the crap out of me, I oiled its stock, cleaned a little rust spot and cleaned the barrel right after shooting. I guess it just wants -like some girls- be treated like crap and do not like nice guys. Next time on the range I'll kick into in the dirt and throw it across the room, maybe its shoot better that way, the rough way.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Note to self: buy gun oil before next date.

-Elwood Blues

You do realise that "lubing her up" is'nt meant to be literal, right?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Now that's just weird.  That gun is possessed!  Run Away! 

reddit taught me "Never stick your d*ck in crazy"

I've always used the backdoor in those situations.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Waiting for a friend to come and pick me up, he told me that he'd be "a little late". 35 minutes past the time we were supposed to have been there, and he's not shown up yet.

It's not a "little bit" - that's 5-10 minutes, tops!

How the **** can he get and keep a job with this sence of time? :banghead:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ah, unpaid time off. 

Yeah, what Giftd said. When my old company showed me the door after it was the victim of government malfeasance there was nothing waiting for me but unemployment.

Thomas Sowell

Today I took an exam. Thinking of taking a quick nap then taking a girl out.

Today I took an exam. Thinking of taking a quick nap then taking a girl out.

Just don't use Woldan's possessed gun to do it.

• Like 2