What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Just having a late night nibble of a mini stollen slice.  Trying to decide why they're so more-ish.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want McDonald's

I know, right?

What !!! Okay could the person who has kidnapped the real Shady please return him. This is no longer a joke..you are besmirching his respected gastronomic view

!!  :aiee:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

MacD's Is a perfectly respectable option if you are wanting something quick, very predictable, and low risk. If that's what you want, then I shan't mock you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

MacD's Is a perfectly respectable option if you are wanting something quick, very predictable, and low risk. If that's what you want, then I shan't mock you.

And what if a person doesn't want MacD's but orders it anyway? How would you feel then :skeptical:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And what if a person doesn't want MacD's but orders it anyway? How would you feel then :skeptical:

That they aren't in control of their own mind. Clearly they want a reliable hit of sugary, fatty, meaty flavour, but aren't willing to accept it.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I must say that McDonald's is better pretty much everywhere outside the US except the Middle East.

At least in my experience

Still, craving satisfied

Bravo, sir. You wanted it, you got it.

May we all be so lucky, today.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I'm going to a very authentic German restaurant today, they do an excellent Eisbein which I am planning on ordering :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I love German food with some authentic beer!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wasn't aware Germany was known for it's quisine. I've driven through the country to get to Holland and Italy and didn't manage to find a satisfying meal anywhere.

Maybe it's just the universal crappy standards of places catering to autobahn customers. 

:lol:  OK, let me clarify, I love that German restaurant on Poplar & Michigan St. in Memphis.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am utterly convinced that you have different tastes depending on how often you've had to go to sleep hungry. I like hearty rib-sticking food, fat and savoury are my two favourites. A lot of European food is about making you feel full, not enlightening or flirting with you.

To me, German cuisine is about that. I like it, when I've tasted it over here.

-Elwood Blues

I'm cooking Hot Corn Chowder in the crock pot. It's like regular corn chowder but with fresh jalapenos chopped up in it. It's been cooking for 4 hours now and it smells soooo good.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Time to put this thread on a diet...

New version here

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein