What you did today

Pidesco

We have dinner planned tonight at a really cool restaurant and funky bar called " The Kitchen Bar"

They do exotic ****tails and the food is excellent. There are 16 of us going so it should be loads of fun :dancing:

Too many people ;)

You would think so, but would you believe me if I told you that all those people are my friends on different levels and through different circumstances. Of course I need to add I am only talking about 8 people as the rest are wives and girlfriends but  I'm also friends with the ladies but I only met them through the guys :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

It was necessary,  what was Tommy doing when you shot the Coyote?

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room! 

Its quite an amazing story, I live in a big city so something like that happening just sounds surreal. Yet this is a reality that you have do deal with. Really interesting when you think of the different lives we live yet we are similar in many ways :)

I could tell similar stories from cities. Except instead of a coyote it was a drunk and stoned guy in his forties, shouting about his ****. And in the Uk we aren't allowed to ping people like that with a .22

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had a fun night last night. Today I will recover by sitting around playing video games.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

May have finally "beaten" the truly bizarre sleeping cycle/insomnia I seemed to be enslaved by the past couple weeks. Woke up early this morning, feeling pleasant and energetic for the first time in a while. So plan on showering and heading out to do some hiking about. I have a desire for some meditative time under the canopy of some redwood trees.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room! 

Its quite an amazing story, I live in a big city so something like that happening just sounds surreal. Yet this is a reality that you have do deal with. Really interesting when you think of the different lives we live yet we are similar in many ways :)

I could tell similar stories from cities. Except instead of a coyote it was a drunk and stoned guy in his forties, shouting about his ****. And in the Uk we aren't allowed to ping people like that with a .22

We have Coyotes in the parks in Surrey(BC, suburb of Vancouver), that sometimes wander into people's yards and such. Urban raccoons, skunks, and sometimes the occaisional cougar show up too. Usually animal control gets called instead of controlling the animals yourself though, then again not so many people have the means.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My brother just told me to read his 74 page thesis at 7.30pm and I need to be done before he goes to bed. Geez, thanks bro'. Ofcourse, I couldn't say no. I've read and corrected some stuff, but I had to take a break because the subject he is writing about, while interesting, is not something I usually read 74 pages about.

Bah, weather is kinda icky ... change of plan. Think I'll go get some drinks and lunch and just sit under the backyard tree and read a (hopefully) good book. Should be sunnier tomorrow, I'll visit the redwoods then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We have Coyotes in the parks in Surrey(BC, suburb of Vancouver), that sometimes wander into people's yards and such. Urban raccoons, skunks, and sometimes the occaisional cougar show up too. Usually animal control gets called instead of controlling the animals yourself though, then again not so many people have the means.

In TN coyote population control is both legal and encouraged. Plus I live out in the sticks. It's a 30 minute ride to the nearest town so there is no animal control out here.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Somewhere, right now, a battle royale for leadership of the pack is taking place.

And then the planning of revenge, with rough floor plans of his house and estimations of his nightly routine.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My brother just told me to read his 74 page thesis at 7.30pm and I need to be done before he goes to bed. Geez, thanks bro'. Ofcourse, I couldn't say no. I've read and corrected some stuff, but I had to take a break because the subject he is writing about, while interesting, is not something I usually read 74 pages about.

Why couldn't you say no ? That's a pretty BS request :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why couldn't you say no ? That's a pretty BS request :p

It's his bachelor thesis. I'll do whatever I can if it helps him. I'm expecting him to ask for my help for his master's degree when the time comes. I just look over grammar, spelling and offer opinions on wording and phrases. It's not that bad, it's just that he told me the day before he has to hand it in.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

I just got back from the longest bike ride I've done in at least 6 years, about 41 miles (66km).  Absolutely spectacular weather out there:  Mid to high 70s, low to moderate humidity, mild breeze, can't ask for much better.  We're not quite into the spectacular autumn foliage season, but it was still really gorgeous out there.  I was also smart enough to bring a granola bar with me, which definitely came in handy for the last 6 or 7 miles.  I'm really worn out, but I feel great right now.  I super duper earned a cold beer.

:yes:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just got back from the longest bike ride I've done in at least 6 years, about 41 miles (66km).

I bet Keyrock has sexy legs. :biggrin:

...I think the longest bike ride I did was about 30 miles. I biked a lot, but usually not for long distances.

I just got back from the longest bike ride I've done in at least 6 years, about 41 miles (66km).

I bet Keyrock has sexy legs. :biggrin:

I don't know about sexy, but they sure are sore.  ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That was a pretty interesting wedding actually.. A Belgian (dad from the French part, mom from the German) marrying a norwegian in Denmark.. So troughout the night speeches were in Danish, Norwegian, German, French and English.. I was a little proud that I understood most of it (though not all of the French)

Multiculturalism ftw heh.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

So many different shades of white :lol: But that does sound interesting, better than all the weddings I've been subjected to.

That was a pretty interesting wedding actually.. A Belgian (dad from the French part, mom from the German) marrying a norwegian in Denmark.. So troughout the night speeches were in Danish, Norwegian, German, French and English.. I was a little proud that I understood most of it (though not all of the French)

Multiculturalism ftw heh.

IMO, there is not much more sexy than a woman speaking certain foreign(in this case, ones you are not fluent in) languages.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Strange morning. Awoke at a friend's house, with a hangover, and have spent the morning being utterly confused and terrified by their kids.

Also, I note that children are far FAR too loud.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Strange morning. Awoke at a friend's house, with a hangover, and have spent the morning being utterly confused and terrified by their kids.

Don't give up on drinking yet, you're still not at rock bottom. :thumbsup:

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think I might have fever coming, of course I haven't sleep much or well the last 4 days, so that might be a factor.. hmm, I wonder if a brain running at a slightly different "frequency" gets more creative.. or rather disassociative.

Fortune favors the bald.

Just jogged for about an hour and a half, going to take a shower, make some pancakes, and chill with the GF.

I just had a mental image of some pre-teens poking a sleeping man with a sharp stick.

Or just toddlers running around shrieking. Given enough time one can learn to understand infanticide.

• Like 1