Gorth

Also I'm not a superfan of 1st Person Shooters, but that Betrayal Trailer looks interesting.

That trailer does look interesting but I hope the game isn't in that grey colour?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Also I'm not a superfan of 1st Person Shooters, but that Betrayal Trailer looks interesting.

That trailer does look interesting but I hope the game isn't in that grey colour?

It is, that's what they're saying.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have to admit, Sega buying Atlus worries me a whole lot - particularly since Sega can't seem to get their act together, I can only fear how they'd run/ruin Atlus and Atlus' games.

Also I'd have to figure some of the niche games Altus USA publishes wouldn't get picked up under Sega.

but maybe I'm being too gloomy & doomy

SEGA is doing better lately. They reported a profit recently.

Also Betrayel doesn't look like a shooter to me, but more like a slow, creepy first-person action adventure. Just like the devs are advertising it. Difference.

Okay thanks and for clarity sakes why would they make the game in grey?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay thanks and for clarity sakes why would they make the game in grey?

It apparently looks interesting, fits the story and setting and ramps up the suspense.

SEGA is doing better lately. They reported a profit recently.

I really wasn't talking business so much as - IMO - they've been making a lot of terrible games, and have been for some years now.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Saints Row 4 Soundtrack :

89 GenX (DJ: Christopher Daniels)

Awolnation – “Burn It Down”

Beware of Darkness – “Howl”

Black Bananas – “Rad Times”

FIDLAR – “No Waves”

In Flames – “Deliver Us”

Lissy Trullie – “It’s Only You, Isn’t It?”

Neon Trees – “Teenage Sounds”

Papa Roach – “Still Swinging”

Terraplane Sun – “Get Me Golden”

The Black Cadillacs – “Choke”

The Bronx – “Along For The Ride”

The Datsuns – “System Overload”

The Features – “How It Starts”

Walk the Moon – “Tightrope”

We Were Promised Jetpacks – “Circles and Squares”

Mad Decent 106.9 (DJ: Riff Raff)

Bonde Do Role (ft. Ce’cile) – “Brazilian Boys”

Clockwork – “Titan”

Dillon Francis – “I.D.G.A.F.O.S.”

Dillon Francis (ft. Simon Lord) – “Messages”

Diplo (ft. Nicky Da B) – “Express Yourself”

DJ Snake (ft. Alesia) – “Bird Machine”

Djemba Djemba – “I Just Go”

ETC!ETC! and Brillz – “Swoop”

ETC!ETC!, Brillz and Diplo (ft. Whiskey Pete) – “Bueller”

GTA (ft. DJ Funk) – “Booty Bounce”

Jahan Lennon – “Can’t Ruin My Fun”

LIZ (ft. RiFF RAFF) – “Underdogs”

RiFF RAFF – “Rookie Of The Year”

Three Loco – “Beer”

Toadally Krossed Out (ft. RiFF RAFF) – “Cray”

Yellow Claw – “W.O.L.F.”

Zeds Dead – “Demons”

Klassic 102.4 (DJ: JB Blanc as Emperor Zinyak)

Frederic Chopin – “Grande Valse Brilliante in Eb Major, Op. 18″

Georges Bizet – “Carmen Suite No. 1: Aragonaise”

Georges Bizet – “Carmen Suite No. 1: Les Toreadors”

Georges Bizet – “Habanera (From Carmen)”

George Frideric Handel – “Music for the Royal Fireworks”

Gioachino Rossini – “Largo Al Factotum (From The Barber Of Seville)”

Giuseppe Verdi – “La Donna e Mobile (From Rigoletto)”

Gustav Holst – “The Planets, 1st Movement: Mars”

Jacques Offenbach – “Orpheus in the Underworld: Infernal Galop”

Johann Sebastian Bach – “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor”

Johann Strauss II – “Die Fledermaus, Overture”

Johann Strauss Sr. – “Radetzky March”

John Philip Sousa – “The Liberty Bell”

Ludwig van Beethoven – “Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 (Ode to Joy)”

Modest Mussorgsky – “A Night on Bare Mountain”

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – “Swan Lake, Op.20: Finale”

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – “The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: Overture”

103.6 Four20 (DJ: Phil Morris as Mr. Sunshine)

Born Jamericans – “Cease & Seckle”

Charly Black & J Capri – “Whine & Kotch”

Delroy Wilson – “You Never Get Away”

Dennis Brown – “Milk and Honey”

Early B – “History Of Jamaica”

Easy Star All-Stars – “One Likkle Draw”

Eek-A-Mouse – “Wa-Do-Dem”

Max Romeo – “Juks”

Ranking Dread – “Fattie Boom Boom”

Super Beagle – “Dust A Sound Boy”

Tenor Saw – “Ring The Alarm”

The In Crowd – “Mango Walk”

Toots And The Maytals – “Pressure Drop (Ska Version)”

Wayne Smith – “Under Mi Sleng Teng”

The Mix 107.77 (DJ: Kevin Gill)

Aerosmith – “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”

Biz Markie – “Just A Friend”

Blur – “Song 2″

Cypress Hill – “Insane In The Brain”

EMF – “Unbelievable”

Haddaway – “What Is Love”

Men Without Hats – “The Safety Dance”

Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”

OutKast – “B.O.B.”

Paula Abdul – “Opposites Attract”

Robert Palmer – “Simply Irresistible”

Stan Bush – “The Touch”

The Pharcyde – “Oh ****”

The Presidents Of The United States Of America – “Lump”

The Romantics – “Talking in Your Sleep”

Thin Lizzy – “The Boys Are Back In Town”

K12 97.6 (DJ: Laurie Hendler as Jane Valderama)

Alex Metric – “Prophecies”

Apashe – “Eat My Apple”

Congorock – “Ivory (Bloody Beetroots Mix)”

Datsik – “Bonafide Hustler”

Datsik and Excision – “Vindicate”

Doctor P – “Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Flux Pavilion – “Blow the Roof”

Gigamesh (ft. Jana Nyberg) – “All My Life”

Junkie XL – “Giraffe”

Kill Paris – “Slap Me”

Nero – “Promises”

The Bloody Beetroots – “The Source”

The Knocks & Fred Falke – “Geronimo”

Vitalic – “Stamina”

Watch the Duck – “Poppin’ Off”

KRhyme 95.4 (DJ: Andrew Kishino)

A$AP Rocky – “Goldie”

Atmosphere – “Until The Nipple’s Gone”

El-P – “The Full Retard”

Jerry James – “Donald Trump Walk”

Kendrick Lamar – “Swimming Pools (Drank)”

Killer Mike – “Go!”

KOVAS – “Grape Drink”

Machine Gun Kelly (ft. Cassie) – “Warning Shot”

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft. Eighty4 Fly) – “Gold”

Najee The 1 (ft. DB2) – “Elevated”

Pause – “Caroline”

Quake City Mobsters – “Money On My Mind”

Sum – “City Pop”

The Cool Kids (ft. Travis Barker) – “Sour Apples”

Weekend Money (ft. Heems) – “Yellow”

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's a rather sizable collection of songs, I imagine most of them are snippets rather than the full song.  Gen X, Klassic, KRhyme, and K12 I recognize as stations that have been in every SR game.  Hopefully Mixtape (user station) is coming back.  I don't see why it wouldn't, but stranger things have happened. 

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Disappointed the stereotypical Gino anthem is in there (Haddaway)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Disappointed the stereotypical Gino anthem is in there (Haddaway)

On the plus side, they got The Safety Dance.  I'll mostly be rocking my own tunes (assuming Mixtape returns) or listening to Klassic anyway. I wish they had more than just one Fryderyk Chopin track, but I guess one is better than none.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Aww, no. 106.66 The Blood? I pretty much had it on that or Klassic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Company of Heroes 2 recalled from stores in Russia.

Normally I'd say that's a stupid overreaction but if Relic is sticking to the 'historically accurate' line...

Basically the Russians want the Red Army depicted as gleaming paladins of virtue, none of whom murdered prisoners, their own dissidents or raped their way across Germany.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Or at least the same as the Western allies in games.

• Like 2

The Mix 107.77 (DJ: Kevin Gill)

Aerosmith – “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”
Biz Markie – “Just A Friend”
Blur – “Song 2″
Cypress Hill – “Insane In The Brain”
EMF – “Unbelievable”
Haddaway – “What Is Love”
Men Without Hats – “The Safety Dance”
Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”
OutKast – “B.O.B.”
Paula Abdul – “Opposites Attract”
Robert Palmer – “Simply Irresistible”
Stan Bush – “The Touch”
The Pharcyde – “Oh ****”
The Presidents Of The United States Of America – “Lump”
The Romantics – “Talking in Your Sleep”
Thin Lizzy – “The Boys Are Back In Town”

Isn't the Mix supposed to be '80s music?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You can create your Saint Row IV character now and import them into the game when it comes out:

http://www.destructoid.com/create-your-saints-row-iv-character-now-259499.phtml

Sweet, I'm going to fiddle around with customizing my US President when I get home.

:biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Normally I'd say that's a stupid overreaction but if Relic is sticking to the 'historically accurate' line...

I watched the video from TheBadComedian and although it's blatantly obvious he is indeed a very bad comedian, he has a lot of valid points. I haven't played it myself, but it seems CoH2 is roughly equal to a game about WW2 from a British perspective which only features planning an invasion of Narvik, bombing civilians in Germany to smithereens and sending underequipped colonial troops to their death.

He showed some points of the game which were definitely ahistorical, and more which were decidedly mendacious. Especially the misplaced Vasilevsky quote made me cringe.

One point he tried to make against the game which I don't agree on was the summary execution of Polish partisans with an implied conservative political allegiance. I am absolutely certain that the Soviet Union would do anything in their power to eliminate counter-revolutionary guerillas in own as well as occupied lands. Furthermore, Soviet penal battalions were probably very awful, unlike what he says in the video.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I watched the video from TheBadComedian and although it's blatantly obvious he is indeed a very bad comedian, he has a lot of valid points. I haven't played it myself, but it seems CoH2 is roughly equal to a game about WW2 from a British perspective which only features planning an invasion of Narvik, bombing civilians in Germany to smithereens and sending underequipped colonial troops to their death.

He showed some points of the game which were definitely ahistorical, and more which were decidedly mendacious. Especially the misplaced Vasilevsky quote made me cringe.

One point he tried to make against the game which I don't agree on was the summary execution of Polish partisans with an implied conservative political allegiance. I am absolutely certain that the Soviet Union would do anything in their power to eliminate counter-revolutionary guerillas in own as well as occupied lands. Furthermore, Soviet penal battalions were probably very awful, unlike what he says in the video.

I find due to your excellent understanding of history it is difficult to dispute what you say :geek:

John Milton 

Yeah, I am sure all western troops were angels during the war.. No rapings, no torture, no firing on their own troops, no sacrifice of foot soldiers. Right.

The point is not if it is historically correct or not. The point is that games like these are usually heroic and completely devoid of realism.. until they start depicting anything else than USA/England. Then suddenly they need to show every dark side of war in all its glory. Slightly nauseating.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't played it myself, but it seems CoH2 is roughly equal to a game about WW2 from a British perspective which only features planning an invasion of Narvik, bombing civilians in Germany to smithereens and sending underequipped colonial troops to their death.

Focus on a brave group of Indian soldiers. Have Narvik, but don't have the Warspite. Next France, as Britain bravely abandons the french to fight jerry alone "when danger reared its ugly head the british turned their heel and fled" followed by going to Egypt. On the way, work in Mers-El-Kebir and the Brits sinking the french fleet. End, part I

Arrive in Egypt after O'Connor's dash, but in time to stand still several months in terrible conditions before being sent off to Greece in a pointless political gesture ending in disaster. Then Crete, where you can have no air support and lots of ships being sunk plus lots more command snarl ups. Return to North Africa in time for some toffee nosed incompetent to allow a german party apparatchnik picked because Hitler liked him to stroll merrily back to the gates of Egypt. Have several utterly pointless offensives in which you get trounced. Quick break in old blighty to work in Churchill allowing Coventry to be bombed, maybe some emotional "child's toy in rubble" pics with stirring classical strings in the background. Get back to Egypt in early 1942, just in time for Rommel to trounce you again. End, part II

Then a break, to Cassino, and an assault on a big hill with lots of germans on it, all the while getting information on the Bengal Famine (oops, sorry, that was the British mediated famine that killed more than Holodomor, I meant the british mediated 1943 one which only may have killed more). Make sure to show that it's the french who actually win the battle, plus that American putz strolling through Rome  sorry, that's for the US campaign 10$ dlc.Then get sent to Palestine and blown up in the King David. End with Ben-Gurion being welcomed to London and pictures of all the violence in post independence India.